Bloodborne OT [The Old Hunters DLC Out NOW!]

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Typing this as a new comer to these joints,

First impressions:

. As a newcomer with extremely limited Souls experience, this game is brutal. It took me an hour to get down the combat enough to get past the first section.

. Even with my limited skills, I LOVED exploring the land. You can sneak around certain threats and other times you can just figure out a strategy to take down a bigger bad guy (usually it involved fire for me). But the scope of this game seems big since I haven't even reached the first boss or the point where I can level my character.

. My biggest issue so far has been with the camera and lock on system. There have been times where I took heavy damage because I got blindsided or rolled into a corner and got stuck thanks to the camera. The lock system is pretty good, but once in a blue moon you'll hit to lock on and it'll center the camera instead. Outside of that, the load time can be annoying but if you're lasting long enough it won't be a big deal...it's a sacrifice for the graphics.

. Speaking of the graphics, this might be the best looking game I've played. The light effects were especially impressive.

. It's old school. It reminds me of Castlevania somewhat. You explore, learn new things, die and start over. You're not driven by story progress but instead by discoveries and inching closer to a boss encounter or checkpoint. Testing strategies can pay off when you find something that works and saves your supplies too.

Tips for fellow newcomers:

. Use your gun, if you time the shots right it can slow an opponent and leave them open to a heavy attack or combo.

.Don't be discouraged when you die, just change up your gameplan. Be patient, explore everything and don't abuse supplies.

. Molotov Cocktails are important and I'd suggest locking on before chucking them. The Pebbles can be useful too when you don't want to fight multiple enemies at once.

. I'm used to hording healing supplies, that doesn't seem as necessary in this game. You can take a ton of damage from even a basic enemy and blood vials (healing potions essentially) are dropped a LOT. Since you have to start from a far off checkpoint if you screw up late, don't be afraid to span healing supplies to try and press on. You'll replenish that supply, don't worry.

. I picked the heavy weaponry and regret it. Dodging is too important in this game and speed kills, so I would suggest one of the other weapons because I can't see tanking at this point.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
Typing this as a new comer to these joints,

First impressions:

. As a newcomer with extremely limited Souls experience, this game is brutal. It took me an hour to get down the combat enough to get past the first section.

. Even with my limited skills, I LOVED exploring the land. You can sneak around certain threats and other times you can just figure out a strategy to take down a bigger bad guy (usually it involved fire for me). But the scope of this game seems big since I haven't even reached the first boss or the point where I can level my character.

. My biggest issue so far has been with the camera and lock on system. There have been times where I took heavy damage because I got blindsided or rolled into a corner and got stuck thanks to the camera. The lock system is pretty good, but once in a blue moon you'll hit to lock on and it'll center the camera instead. Outside of that, the load time can be annoying but if you're lasting long enough it won't be a big deal...it's a sacrifice for the graphics.

. Speaking of the graphics, this might be the best looking game I've played. The light effects were especially impressive.

. It's old school. It reminds me of Castlevania somewhat. You explore, learn new things, die and start over. You're not driven by story progress but instead by discoveries and inching closer to a boss encounter or checkpoint. Testing strategies can pay off when you find something that works and saves your supplies too.

Tips for fellow newcomers:

. Use your gun, if you time the shots right it can slow an opponent and leave them open to a heavy attack or combo.

.Don't be discouraged when you die, just change up your gameplan. Be patient, explore everything and don't abuse supplies.

. Molotov Cocktails are important and I'd suggest locking on before chucking them. The Pebbles can be useful too when you don't want to fight multiple enemies at once.

. I'm used to hording healing supplies, that doesn't seem as necessary in this game. You can take a ton of damage from even a basic enemy and blood vials (healing potions essentially) are dropped a LOT. Since you have to start from a far off checkpoint if you screw up late, don't be afraid to span healing supplies to try and press on. You'll replenish that supply, don't worry.

. I picked the heavy weaponry and regret it. Dodging is too important in this game and speed kills, so I would suggest one of the other weapons because I can't see tanking at this point.

the more you play the game the less blood vials and shyt get dropped... they become more and more valuable... heres the thing though... when u have max blood vials they automatically go to ur storage

AND

when you die your blood vials are automatically replenished with those u had in storage.... so dont worry about having 20 vials on you.... you should still collect as much as you can AND try to hold on to them... but obviously never gamble with your life... if ur below 66% health use one.

We should all try and share tips like this, as we progress through the game... cause alot of shyt is not intuitive

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
the more you play the game the less blood vials and shyt get dropped... they become more and more valuable... heres the thing though... when u have max blood vials they automatically go to ur storage

AND

when you die your blood vials are automatically replenished with those u had in storage.... so dont worry about having 20 vials on you.... you should still collect as much as you can AND not try to hold on to them... but obviously never gamble with your life... if ur below 66% health use one.

Good looks, I need all the advice I can get!

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Every one knows about blood bullets right??

Press up on the down pad, and it takes some of your health and gives you 5 bullets made from blood, AND you can attack an enemy and gain your health right back.

Also, Enemies can pick up your blood echoes (when you die, you leave a pool of blood) you can tell if an enemy has picked u your blood echoes because their eyes will glow.

-DMP-

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
Beat 3 bosses and 2 other in a chalice dungeon. Other than that I've been invading people. The pvp is so good :wow:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Gotta get rid of my Dark Souls/Demon Souls habits....it's like I'm playing a new game :mjcry: