Bleaching is c00ning, double eye lid is c00ning, how come bone straight weaves aren't?

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I don't see where they surveyed the consumer, again, from your link its based off sales of their product.

Oh ok, so 75% of black women are natural now, so what gives with the whole corporate excuse, bm not liking excuse, peer pressure excuse, time consuming excuse? Oh now you agree then, that those were complete bullshyt arguments when magically 75 fukking PERCENT of black women are "supposedly" natural now per your link. Are you low key assisting with my argument? :mjlol:
You keep projecting. IDK what you are talking about. I see natural hair in my city all the time and know plenty of professional women with it. IDK why you feel the need to take a few people's experiences and make them about all AA women breh. The NYC Times and Wikipedia are hip to the movement but you aren't? Are you AA?

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Breh... why are you acting naive like you don't know the history and evolution of black hair in this country. You think 360 waves as a style just fell out of air into the laps of black men?

360 waves is an evolved hairstyle and is a current version of this which was popular in the 30's, 40s, and 50s.

maxresdefault.jpg

Which was a mimck of this......

vw-finger-wave3.jpg
that is not the 360. are you trolling? you just posted a man with a conk and wavy hair, not 360 waves. :snoop:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Are we going to ignore that many BW wear weaves/wigs because BM don't like them with Natural hair. Meaning if their hair is not long or a certain texture/curl pattern - many BM are not interested.

When a BW decides to go natural and does the "big chop" - meaning cutting off their perm/relaxed hair - they have very low cuts/afros - and most BM are not happy with that look on their woman.

When I went natural YEARS ago - my boyfriend at the time broke up with me the day after I cut all my hair off. He was not happy. Luckily, I had my male best friend there who was super supportive.

I always find these threads hilarious - cause the same people claiming BW should stop rocking weaves wouldn't give those same BW wearing natural hair any attention or a second look.

One could say they are also trying to attain a certain look that many BM like on non-Black women to gain their attention.

because natural hair was considered "unprofessional" for a very long time and unlike you internet 6 cert 6 figure coli nikkas, real life black women had bills to pay
see natural hair in my city all the time and know plenty of professional women with it.
:mjgrin:

Superstar
Daps
of course its our texture, all you're doing is brushing it down :wtf: what white person do you see with waves when they brush it down? link? :wtf: you do realise the effect comes from coiled hair stretching out, thus the wave effect, BONE STRAIGHT hair can't do that. :wtf:
i never said it was white, i simply said it wasn't your texture.

it's not. i can use product & a brush to take my hair look 3b. that doesn't mean i have 3b hair

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
You’d have to start referring to some of your mommas as c00ns then. Which would make you a son of a c00n, c00n by association and c00n in your blood...

invalid

Banned
Daps
Again, why do you take a few experiences and assume they are everyone's experiences especially when their is a HUGE documented movement towards natural hair. The USA is a big country and many experiences are regional but overall AA are mostly on the wave. You are late and poorly informed.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Are we going to ignore that many BW wear weaves/wigs because BM don't like them with Natural hair. Meaning if their hair is not long or a certain texture/curl pattern - many BM are not interested.

When a BW decides to go natural and does the "big chop" - meaning cutting off their perm/relaxed hair - they have very low cuts/afros - and most BM are not happy with that look on their woman.

When I went natural YEARS ago - my boyfriend at the time broke up with me the day after I cut all my hair off. He was not happy. Luckily, I had my male best friend there who was super supportive.

It took me about 3 1/2 years to get to a length I really liked - and during that time my dating life was sad. When I did date it was men who knew me before I went natural - and even they would be like "what are you doing with your hair?" or "when are you going to get your hair done?" But, the day I went and got my hair pressed out straight - everything went back to normal in my life.

I always find these threads hilarious - cause the same people claiming BW should stop rocking weaves wouldn't give those same BW wearing natural hair any attention or a second look.

One could say they are also trying to attain a certain look that many BM like on non-Black women to gain their attention.
I agree with the texture thing, but it starts at home. If they mamas talked shyt about they own hair textures, stressed good hair, and told them to find a woman with good hair that’ll inevitably have an affect. If nikkas grew up wid a mama who wore dreads or a natural afro they’ll lean towards it. I remember a long time ago one summer I was doing nothing wid my hair and it was called wild. :dahell:

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
sooooo I decided to do a little bit of research on how they got that number, because of course you need to look into the source for all we know it was a survey taken at a shea butter party 25 women asked to take a test.

turns out they calculated the results by asking black women how many were using natural hair products. using coconut oil constitutes as you wearing a natural hair style, even if you wear a bone straight hair wig that goes down to your arse over it. :heh:
Natural hair movement drives sales of styling products in US black haircare market
The hair underneath the wig can still be natural... How is that difficult to understand?

Mfalme_Perez

In a New York world full of strangers..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
I honestly believe y'all hate Black Women. Sadly, the first thing you will come for is how we choose to wear our hair because it's an easy target. If you won't wife a woman or call her out her name because of hair, HER HAIR and what she chooses to do with it... You have more serious issues to take care of.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I agree with the texture thing, but it starts at home. If they mamas talked shyt about they own hair textures, stressed good hair, and told them to find a woman with good hair that’ll inevitably have an affect. If nikkas grew up wid a mama who wore dreads or a natural afro they’ll lean towards it. I remember a long time ago one summer I was doing nothing wid my hair and it was called wild. :dahell:

I agree. But, it's still crazy to me. My mom and dad never said anything negative about Black people - hair, skin color or features.