Bleaching is c00ning, double eye lid is c00ning, how come bone straight weaves aren't?

invalid

Banned
Daps
- Remains to be seen. She's a first year and she always tells me how much pressure she feels to change her hairstyle. Will they fire her for wearing a for? No of course not. But will these white people make someone who looks like her partner down the line? Remains to be seen.

This woman is an assoicate of mine and she's head of global audit for kraft foods and now Diageo which are fortune 500s. And I know more corporate women who wear their natural hair then straight or weave. In fact, the whole natural hair movement appeared to be spearheaded by more middle class and upper middle class black women. If you carry yourself well and know how to move, it won't hold you back.

latoya-lacey-profile.jpg

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This woman is an assoicate of mine and she's head of global audit for kraft foods and now Diageo which are fortune 500s. And I know more corporate women who wear their natural hair then straight or weave. In fact, the whole natural hair movement appeared to be spearheaded by more middle class and upper middle class black women. If you carry yourself well and know how to move, it won't hold you back.

latoya-lacey-profile.jpg

I agree with you.

But I promise if you ask her she will tell you many stories of time she was discriminated against in the corporate world for it.
Good on her that she didn't let that stop her.
We're saying the same thing, and this movement is positive.

My post was mainly to people who were acting like the kind of hairstyle a black woman wears and her reception n the professional world have nothing with each other.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Are we going to ignore that many BW wear weaves/wigs because BM don't like them with Natural hair. Meaning if their hair is not long or a certain texture/curl pattern - many BM are not interested.

When a BW decides to go natural and does the "big chop" - meaning cutting off their perm/relaxed hair - they have very low cuts/afros - and most BM are not happy with that look on their woman.

When I went natural YEARS ago - my boyfriend at the time broke up with me the day after I cut all my hair off. He was not happy. Luckily, I had my male best friend there who was super supportive.

It took me about 3 1/2 years to get to a length I really liked - and during that time my dating life was sad. When I did date it was men who knew me before I went natural - and even they would be like "what are you doing with your hair?" or "when are you going to get your hair done?" But, the day I went and got my hair pressed out straight - everything went back to normal in my life.

I always find these threads hilarious - cause the same people claiming BW should stop rocking weaves wouldn't give those same BW wearing natural hair any attention or a second look.

One could say they are also trying to attain a certain look that many BM like on non-Black women to gain their attention.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I agree with you.

But I promise if you ask her she will tell you many stories of time she was discriminated against in the corporate world for it.

My post was mainly to people who were acting like the kind of hairstyle a black woman wears and her reception n the professional world have nothing with each other.

True.

Also, a lot of white people think BW are making a Black Power statement when they wear their hair natural in the workplace.

Or they will make their natural hair a conversation piece when in meetings or around the office. Like, "I wish I could do my hair like that?" or "how do you make it do that?" -- at the same time they pigeon hole many BW who wear natural hair cause they don't think it's professional - or they feel like it gives off a statement.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
True.

Also, a lot of white people think BW are making a Black Power statement when they wear their hair natural in the workplace.

Or they will make their natural hair a conversation piece when in meetings or around the office. Like, "I wish I could do my hair like that?" or "how do you make it do that?" -- at the same time they pigeon hole many BW who wear natural hair cause they don't think it's professional - or they feel like it gives off a statement.

its kind of strange that on a black forum this even has to be pointed out.
Like don't any of ya'll have sisters/mothers/friends who work in the corporate world?

invalid

Banned
Daps
I agree with you.

Oh yeah.. then I definitely agree. She's certainly gotten shyt for it. Which is why she dug in her heels even more.

But she's bad. I mean she KILLS it. Just her whole persona and working style, they had no choice but to keep promoting her because not doing so would make things blantant. And they certainly wouldn't want to have that type of heat.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Wigs are nothing new. With all the problems black people have hair is at the bottom of the list.[/QUOTE

where did I say wigs were new? I never did. I am exclusively talking about TEXTURE. if you want to wear a weave or wig, why not, much like every other race, the texture that comes out of your scalp?

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Are we going to ignore that many BW wear weaves/wigs because BM don't like them with Natural hair. Meaning if their hair is not long or a certain texture/curl pattern - many BM are not interested.
Funny because in one instance you say "black women are the original women, WE DO WHAT WE WANT" then turn around "BM doesn't give us a second look if we go natural :sadbron:" which is it going to be? and its all a lie, put Beyonce in a fro and see if any men will deny her. :childplease: Trying to say BM only want black women with euro/asian hair is an insult. If we wanted that we'd just get them....ooopppsss.

Black women in America have been straightening their hair for damn near 100 years to conform to white standards of beauty and that's just supposed to be erased immediately? FOH. I have natural hair and I still get grief from my own damn mother about it being "too tight", but when I blow it out it's all good.

Also, there are wigs and weaves that are natural hair textured. Some of "natural queens" are using them.
During the 70s it did happen overnight so think again. and if the person is wearing wigs and weaves that are their natural hair texture. GOOD. thats the point of the thread, TEXTURE. not stupid semantics of what is natural putting gel in your hair or not. thats a strawman argument. "that white boy put gel in his mohawk NOT NATURAL. :dahell: you know damn well the texture of his mohawk IS HIS.
doesn't matter. unless the hair grows in like that it isn't natural.

nat·u·ral
ˈnaCH(ə)rəl/
adjective
adjective: natural
. existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind.
see post above this.

BW are the original we can do what we want.
Then how come you blame others for wanting to go natural but can't because men wont look at you?

And no, I don't wear waves to try to "imitate" cacish good hair.:picard:
Since when do cacs get waves? :gucci:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
where did I say wigs were new? I never did. I am exclusively talking about TEXTURE. if you want to wear a weave or wig, why not, much like every other race, the texture that comes out of your scalp?

I think you also have to realized not all BW hair textures are the same. My hair is different from my mom's. She has fine hair, wavy hair -- I have thick, tightly-coiled hair.

Quality Textured weaves/wigs that are similar to BW hair is still fairly new in the market - they are also WAY more expensive than non-textured hair.

Heat Free Hair is one of the best - but they are more expensive and go really quick.

So, if someone wants textured hair - you will need about 2-3 bundles - that's $500-$750 - just for the hair. More than likely it's another $100-$250 to get it installed/styled.

Products – HFHM
Before & After – HFHM

Another brand is that offered textured natural hair is Indique. They are also higher than most.
BOUNCE Collection - Shop By Collection - Shop

Most BW are not buying hair this expensive - cause they can't afford it.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Google black women

and watch the results. who are the first 20, what are their hair styles? Even google knows :wow:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I think you also have to realized not all BW hair textures are the same. My hair is different from my mom's. She has fine hair, wavy hair -- I have thick, tightly-coiled hair.

Read the thread title. I gave specifics.

I never said you can't put products in your hair, change up styles, even relax it, I gave a specific hair texture.

718339b9-f79f-48ce-a17f-449f85a56ebe.jpg

:noah:

As if this woman wouldn't get BM attention. :mjlol:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Funny because in one instance you say "black women are the original women, WE DO WHAT WE WANT" then turn around "BM doesn't give us a second look if we go natural :sadbron:" which is it going to be? and its all a lie, put Beyonce in a fro and see if any men will deny her. :childplease: Trying to say BM only want black women with euro/asian hair is an insult. If we wanted that we'd just get them....ooopppsss.

During the 70s it did happen overnight so think again. and if the person is wearing wigs and weaves that are their natural hair texture. GOOD. thats the point of the thread, TEXTURE. not stupid semantics of what is natural putting gel in your hair or not. thats a strawman argument. "that white boy put gel in his mohawk NOT NATURAL. :dahell: you know damn well the texture of his mohawk IS HIS.

see post above this.

Then how come you blame others for wanting to go natural but can't because men wont look at you?

Since when do cacs get waves? :gucci:

Yeah. That wasn't me. But, what I said about MOST BM not really liking natural hair unless it's long and looks like mixed/bi-racial hair -- and not getting attention from BM when rocking our natural hair - is #facts. Oh - unless it's straight or has big curls.

Feel free to survey 100-100 Black Women and find out.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I have locs that are almost to my waist. Try again.

Also, almost 75% of AA women are natural at this point...so again. Try again.
link to data.
Yeah. That wasn't me. But, what I said about MOST BM not really liking natural hair unless it's long and looks like mixed/bi-racial hair -- and not getting attention from BM when rocking our natural hair - is #facts. Oh - unless it's straight or has big curls.

Feel free to survey 100-100 Black Women and find out.
Men’s perception of Black Women's hair

theres currently a survey online touching up on the subject matter.

I just found out 50% of black women suffer from hair loss by the time they are 40. :snoop: