Bleaching is c00ning, double eye lid is c00ning, how come bone straight weaves aren't?

Caprisun

All Star
Daps
I agree with the texture thing, but it starts at home. If they mamas talked shyt about they own hair textures, stressed good hair, and told them to find a woman with good hair that’ll inevitably have an affect. If nikkas grew up wid a mama who wore dreads or a natural afro they’ll lean towards it. I remember a long time ago one summer I was doing nothing wid my hair and it was called wild. :dahell:
:francis:I remember when my grandma used to get pissed off at us she used to tell us to sit our "peasly ass head down somewhere" or when I was trying to grow dreads my parents used to hit me with the :hhh::scust: face.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
They really need to stop.

Cause, a lot of BM have hairline issues, balding, wearing hats all the time aka #hatfishing, hairline bumps, fat rolls on top and in the back of their neck and more...but do we talk shyt about them? Nah.
But you just did, and it's not your first time either :lolbron: however I'mma let you slide because you're one of my favorite posters and because op semi trolling anyways

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Some of you are too dumb to be posting your idiotic shyt online. It’s called assimilation. Black women are told by everyone including their own race that they are less desirable and more ugly with their own natural hair. Don’t forget we live in a white supremacist society. I’ve heard chicks say how they are no longer invisible once they get bone straight weave.

Chicks say managers have told them their natural hair isn’t professional and to go back to the weave they wore in the job interview. My ex told me how she noticed how she got treated with less respect generally in day to day life when she wore her natural hair in public (neat and presentable looking) - people’s body language and vibe with her was more cold and closed off.

Compared to when she had weave, suddenly others were more receptive to her, more friendly...even simple shyt like the level of service and attention she received when served as a customer.

You hypocrites complain about black women wearing weave but don’t give a second look to chicks who’ve got natural fros. As if black women don’t have it hard enough, if wearing straight hair will make their lives easier and help them go by day to day life as a black woman with slightly less hardship then it ain’t rocket science.

Some of you coli nikkas are the most mentally stunted fukkers alive.

While true, I don't wanna hear the same BS in return from hoteps/shea butter clowns with "cultural appropriation" if this is gonna be the stance. That's the shyt that gets me like :camby:

You got a head full of blonde weave getting mad at Bruno Mars and shyt.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Hair loss due to using harsh chemicals, such as relaxers or perms, may cause burns on the scalp. These burns form scar tissue inside of the hair follicles causing permanent hair loss.
I think that's nature telling you that shyt doesn't belong on your scalp.

with proper care, you can have
hqdefault.jpg

:noah:

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
People need to understand that natural hair demands alot of maintenance and can wear you down with all the products you have to use to keep it looking decent. Plus you have your daily life you to focus on as well in between.So I don't fault bw that much when they don't choose not to rock it that often.
Why is that a problem that only black women complain about? :jbhmm: Never heard another ethnic group say their natural hair is unmanageable...

Lesfilles

Pro
Daps
A lot of it is subconcious preference for European style "good hair" - can't deny that; the praise you get in the community from having non-kinky hair is too great to ignore.

Some of it is that black hair can get called unprofessional in the work environment. A lot of black women are pushing back against this, but the reality is, that most corporate organizations don't want the girl with braids, twists, locs or an afro going out to represent them in corporate settings.

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
:gucci: you can't be serious right now...
I’ve never heard a white/chica/Asian woman say their natural hair is unmanageable so they’re wearing weave :yeshrug: only black women use that “reason”...and I call BS on all that “manager told me to wear weave instead of my natural hair” shyt, nobody over he age of 5 will believe that bullshyt :francis:

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
I love how ppl respond to valid inquiry with this shyt. As if there is some clear cut answer ppl are ignoring or something.

nikkas spent 12 pages deflecting and catching feelings on some fake outrage shyt. Consider that your answer OP
Weave is disgusting :yeshrug: but that’s really a yank problem...my Haitian culture don’t allow that nonsense...

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
what does this prove? you know how long it takes for all of them to do their hair in the morning?

Wearing a sew in or a wig is literally the same thing as curling your high top fade with a sponge and grease. It's a method to imitate another style of hair.

I grew my hair out for about 8 or 9 months and got tired of it. Waking up 40 minutes early just to do my hair...thats not wavy. its not easy to walk into a corporate job with cornrows or locs either.

:laff: wowwww

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
I love how ppl respond to valid inquiry with this shyt. As if there is some clear cut answer ppl are ignoring or something.

nikkas spent 12 pages deflecting and catching feelings on some fake outrage shyt. Consider that your answer OP
Have you ever grew your hair out and not in loc form but afro form past shoulder length? Because to me it sounds like many of you have no type of experience on the subject let alone awareness.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you ever grew your hair out and not in loc form but afro form past shoulder length? Because to me it sounds like many of you have no type of experience on the subject let alone awareness.
Ive yet to meet a black woman who has an afro that large, even the natural ones get trims and styling....not sure what this has to do with anything.

Op is questioning the use of non black style wigs and weave as opposed to wigs/weaves of black hair at the very least when:

1. This generation is aware of European beauty standards
2. This generation of women love to call out white women who style their hair in black styles for cultural appropriation
3. Natural black hair (on women) is much more warmly recievied these days both professionally and culturally.

So people wonder why straight hair weaves on black women is still a thing if the message is being communicated (to white women)that wearing a different texture hair than your race's is offensive