Blavity Blacks start Petition for Disney to give 25% of Black Panther profits to the black community

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I said it before in a totally different, unrelated topic but i'll say it again, there is nothing "black excellent"/"black excellence" about begging white people for shyt (i.e. jobs, money etc)..If we think begging them for stuff is black excellence, then the bar is set too low.

I mean if give they money that's cool, but the fact that we have to "petition" them to give us 25% profits of a movie that yall were calling "black" says it all. Like i said before, it's not really a black movie because it's not black owned, and i doubt they are going to give us 25% of the profits. It's worth a shot i guess, but i highly doubt it.

Last edited:

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No...

See...

Black people wanna be in movies...

Black people wanna see Black people in movies...

Black people tell White people to put them in movies....

White people make the movie happen and market to Black people...

Then Liberal Pro-Blacks say...since you are making a movie about Black people, with Black people in it and marketing it to us...we should get 25 percent of that to go to community development...

What sense does that make breh...

White people need to get a return on the movie...

And yeah...people who own corporations benefit the most from the corporation....the people that work there benefit the least...that's just the way it works...

I ain't saying it is the way it should it work...I am just putting out the dangerously limited understanding of capitalism and marketing and production creation...and the limits of representational politics...

You can't ask for individuals to be represented in movies to represent you and then claim you are being exploited...

Why do anybody that's black got a problem with black people making white people give a % back to help the black community?

People were arguing with other people about how this black movie is nothing more than symbolism and this movie doing good isn't going to do nothing for the black community. Now people are telling the white people who are going to profit from this movie to do something tangible to help the black community. And black people got a problem with that?

That's a lose/lose situation

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
You nikkas should be happy these Shea Butters puttin this out for you. All I been hearing on this site since the hype machine got rolling is:

"BP won't save the black community" :dahell:

"BP is made by whites only the whites benefit" :dahell:

"Da White mans made BP Ima still be broke after it come out" :dahell:

These negas just came right out and asked for the butter biscuit what the problem? :mjpls:

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
So y'all claim white people are going to be the ones to benefit from black people going to see this movie.

So black people say if that's the case then we need to get them white people who are benefitting from black people going to see this movie to give a percentage of that money back to the black community.

And black people are mad about and against that too?

Y'all nikkas really trying y'all best to make anything successful with black people a lose lose situation. Y'all nikkas full c00ns

How are you going to get that to happen? Because begging them to do it isn't the way to do it.

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
@John Hull Nobody's against the petition,but it's showing we were right when we said it's not a "black" movie. Yall kept saying it was, we kept saying it wasn't. The movie isn't "black" when you have to beg the owners/creators for 25% of the profits. Like we said, it's just symbolism or " representation". And you sound naive, just because a petition was started doesn't mean they're going to do it. I'd be glad if they did, but i know they probably aren't.

The cat who plays BP himself (forgot his name) is only getting like 300k, somebody released it yesterday. You think they're really gonna do this? :mjlol:

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
tenor.gif

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How are you going to get that to happen? Because begging them to do it isn't the way to do it.

Begging? Even if the white people insist on doing it and even up giving even more than 25% you'll have c00ns mad. Because they can't be able to say the movie is just symbolism. And they truly don't want money given to the black community. They don't want nothing good for black people. You'll never see c00ns attack white movies like this. You'll never see them in white cast movie threads telling white people to not be excited because they movies is just symbolism and it will do nothing for the white community. These nikkas hate on all black successful and black powerful things no matter what it is.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I been ROLLING at this for like 5 minutes, Yos.

I mean...let's say Disney (when they stop laughing) goes -

Disney: "aight - fucc it, we'll give y'all 25 PERCENT..."

Know what happens next?

Disney: "So who do we write the check to?"

All these people who never thought past Level 1: "Uhhhhh..."

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@John Hull Nobody's against the petition,but it's showing we were right when we said it's not a "black" movie. Yall kept saying it was, we kept saying it wasn't. The movie isn't "black" when you have to beg the owners/creators for 25% of the profits. Like we said, it's just symbolism or " representation". And you sound naive, just because a petition was started doesn't mean they're going to do it. I'd be glad if they did, but i know they probably aren't.

The cat who plays BP himself (forgot his name) is only getting like 300k, somebody released it yesterday. You think they're really gonna do this? :mjlol:

They're going to do more than 25%.

And the only reason the pention was made is when people realized where the profits where going. On some shyt like "Well since it's not a black movie then we go make the vultures give back to the black community which will make it officially a black movie". And c00ns twisting the narrative to that being begging. So if when they do give back to the black community the c00ns can say bu bu but we had to beg white people to give us something. Y'all nikkas retarded

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
@VSPromoshunz you know goddamn well that if these cacs did this, nikkas would be glad about it. Some of us just don't think they are though. It's not a bad idea, but still. You're jumping the gun, right now it's just a petition and a lot of them get ignored, especially petitions from us to them.