Blavity Blacks start Petition for Disney to give 25% of Black Panther profits to the black community

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
It is embarrassing. This fukking movie might be the most embarrassing shyt for Black people since Barack Obama 2008 campaign.

It's a fukking movie...and a character created by Jews...

I am so tired of representational politics and Black folks acting like they "own" culture and anything that is created out of "Blackness" everybody deserves a check out of it...

We got real life shyt...stop trying to make make-believe matter...

It's goofy shyt...

@THE RETIRED SKJ

Funny we was just talking this shyt yesterday. :jbhmm:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
in their defense, this whole black power/ black ownership / black money wave has grown alot over the past few years and just recently became mainstream... its still kinda new.

just 10 years ago, nikkas was still celebrating record deals, "representation" , college degrees, job offers, sports contracts etc

now we celebrating black ownership and generational wealth and shyt like that.... the culture is shifting.

this black ownership wave is still kinda new, so we gotta give the black liberal blavity blacks some time to catch up.... maybe they didnt get the memo.

they might still be stuck in 2008 when black folks was still c00ning and begging and just happy to have a seat at the table.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Black nerds and geeks and shyt were just tired of having nerdgasms to Luke Skywalker...

Pro-Blacks wanna escape into some mythical advanced Pro-Black society....

At the end of the day...White Daddy has supplied us our fix and some of us just wanna do our drug in peace and spare the embarrassment that we been exploited and made Marvel/Disney a fukkton of money before they even show the fukking thing...

:russ:

hahahahahahaa, great post breh

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
It is embarrassing. This fukking movie might be the most embarrassing shyt for Black people since Barack Obama 2008 campaign.

It's a fukking movie...and a character created by Jews...

I am so tired of representational politics and Black folks acting like they "own" culture and anything that is created out of "Blackness" everybody deserves a check out of it...

We got real life shyt...stop trying to make make-believe matter...

It's goofy shyt...
This. The idiots getting all excited over a black movie made by Jews.

I'll watch on DVD later

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I'll speak for myself.
I've never called this film revolutionary and this has nothing to do with black business because these are not black owned businesses. If there is enough social pressure exerted on Disney to force them to abide by this, then so be it, I wont be against that. Stranger things have happened.

But anyone holding the idea that Black Panther and Black Economics are one in the same needs to stop posting and go back to school.

But you are a sensible bro though...

People are acting like Wakanda is some realistic possible future shyt...and that somehow Black Panther is gonna make like us evolve or some shyt as a people

It's pure religious type escapism...

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
The way black people reacting to this movie got me wanting to watch this like 3 weeks after it comes out in a theater by myself. It’s just embarrassing how they are acting like this is going to bring us reparations. I hate this timeline that I’m living in.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But you are a sensible bro though...

People are acting like Wakanda is some realistic possible future shyt...and that somehow Black Panther is gonna make like us evolve or some shyt as a people

It's pure religious type escapism...

You know what... I've never even thought of it like that but you're probably right.:ohhh:

It explains the crazy amounts of importance they are putting into this movie.

They probably putting together excavation teams right now to go mine some Vibranium off the strength of this film alone :wow: