Blavity Blacks start Petition for Disney to give 25% of Black Panther profits to the black community

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
I been ROLLING at this for like 5 minutes, Yos.

I mean...let's say Disney (when they stop laughing) goes -

Disney: "aight - fucc it, we'll give y'all 25 PERCENT..."

Know what happens next?

Disney: "So who do we write the check to?"

All these people who never thought past Level 1: "Uhhhhh..."

:russ:

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
The truly fukking stupid part of this is that the profit is gonna be the smallest part of gross revenues. Say the movie does 800 million plus. That isn't gonna be 25% of that 800, it's gonna be 25% of like maybe 100-200 million. Then what urban communities are gonna get these stem community centers? So now at best 50 million bucks is gonna be diluted amongst a community of 40 million plus. People have truly lost their damn minds over this movie. My twin hopes for this movie wss that it would be good and be a spring board for more content created for blacks, preferably our own black content creators who could use the success of the movie to argue for more afro futurist content. Instead the film is bogged down by dim witted arguments about group economics and representation. A fukking pox on both houses.
:pacspit:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
2c374271a07516b29f8cfd7f090627e8.png
This film has brought out the foolishness on both sides.

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
So I saw "Black Panther" Wednesday at the Fox Theater in Atlanta. Maannnn the cringeworthiness of the experience is hard to shake.

The movie's cool. I'm not a comic guy, but it was a solid effort by cast and crew. The predominantly black cast and Ryan Coogler did their thing. I like to be blown away and I wasn't but whatever... It's still enjoyable.

But man... the thunderous roars and laughs that came from the audience at the quips and jabs taken at whites here and there throughout the movie really bothered me because all I pictured was the white folks laughing all the way to the bank....

Certain lines really roused the crowd in their militancy, but the basis of said lines was based on Wakanda and "Vibranium" and these mufukkas "yaasssssinnn" as though either one exist.
:mjlol: but really :mjcry:.

And I'm not going to spoil it, but the fact this movie ultimately propagandizes the C.I.A. is just
:hhh:.

Black Panther is truly the Barack Obama of cinema. More of that hype, symbolism, image shyt we geek off of. It brought home the fact how so many people be hollerin "woke" are just talking in their sleep.

Last edited:

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So y'all claim white people are going to be the ones to benefit from black people going to see this movie.

So black people say if that's the case then we need to get them white people who are benefitting from black people going to see this movie to give a percentage of that money back to the black community.

And black people are mad about and against that too?

Y'all nikkas really trying y'all best to make anything successful with black people a lose lose situation. Y'all nikkas full c00ns

The c00ntrait runs deep in a lot of black people to the point that it only resurfaces when matters like this happen. A lot of black people fight against any type of uplifting, they will even refuse money that they rightly deserve, just to make white people feel comfortable. That is why we will never get reparations. Because a dumbsmart nikka will stand up and say we shouldnt get it. :mjlol:

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I saw "Black Panther" Wednesday at the Fox Theater in Atlanta. Maannnn the cringeworthiness of the experience is hard to shake.

The movie's cool. I'm not a a comic guy, but it was a solid effort by cast and crew. The predominantly black cast and Ryan Coogler did their thing. I like to be blown away and I wasn't but whatever... It's still enjoyable.

But man... the thunderous roars and laughs that came from the audience at the quips and jabs taken at whites here and there throughout the movie really bothered me because all I pictured was the white folks laughing all the way to the bank....

Certain lines really roused the crowd in their militancy, but the basis of said lines was based on Wakanda and "Vibranium" and these mufukkas "yaasssssinnn" as though either one exist.
:mjlol: but really :mjcry:.

And I'm not going to spoil it, but the fact this movie ultimately propagandizes the C.I.A. is just
:hhh:.

Black Panther is truly the Barack Obama of cinema. More of that hype, symbolism, image shyt we geek off of. It brought home the fact how so many people be hollerin "woke" are just talking in their sleep.

Will it still be just hype, symbolism, image shyt if those white people that's "laughing to the bank" donated 50% of the profits to the black community?