Blavity Blacks start Petition for Disney to give 25% of Black Panther profits to the black community

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is embarrassing. This fukking movie might be the most embarrassing shyt for Black people since Barack Obama 2008 campaign.

It's a fukking movie...and a character created by Jews...

I am so tired of representational politics and Black folks acting like they "own" culture and anything that is created out of "Blackness" everybody deserves a check out of it...

Like it's goofy shyt...

I've been trying my best to ignore this, but this movie has truly brought out all the goofy in the alotta people.:francis:
Its almost to the point where you don't even wanna associate with it or anyone who watches it. :francis:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
full

:dead:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I've been trying my best to ignore this, but this movie has truly brought out all the goofy in the alotta people.:francis:
Its almost to the point where you don't even wanna associate with it or anyone who watches it. :francis:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...2e4b044b3821ca5fb?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000051
Gormley goes on to say that while it is a “symbolic victory” to see a major studio film with a majority black cast, black director and art direction helmed by black artists, this achievement doesn’t gain anything for the black community. He cites that Marvel’s marketing campaign has targeted black customers specifically by releasing the film during Black History Month and jazz poet Gil Scott-Heron’s “The Revolution Will Not Be Televised” playing in the background of the film’s initial trailer.

I mean the petition makes a point...

That Marvel have successfully exploited Black people by pandering...and that Marvel will take Black people money like never before...

But...ain't that what nikkas want?

Like Black people cry and complain..."How come we ain't on TV and movies..."

And then Marvel exploits the fukk out of you and make the ultimate Pro-Black militant escapism...

And now...Pro-Black militant points this out and wants a check...

Brehs and Brehettes...capitalism, representation and art go hand and hand...capitalism, representation and art won't save you...

You know who is laughing to the bank...Marvel/Disney...

You know who gotta go back to work tomorrow after you drop 50 to 100 dollars to see this shyt...You....

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
I like that there will be positive representations of black people on screen but in this era of 'look at me' social media attention seekers and new blacks trying to outdo each other with their 'militancy'

They've almost made this into a clown show.

Can't wait for next week to arrive so they can all see the movie and let them run it before they move onto something else.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
So, yall talk all this shyt abt blk bizness

Call this film revolutionary.

"recycle the black dollar"

Black ppl r buying out theatres 4 kids 2 c this

But yall laugh at the idea this film should do more than entertain? :mjlol:

Ironic

Look...

People want it one way...but it's the other way...

Black nerds and geeks and shyt were just tired of having nerdgasms to Luke Skywalker...

Pro-Blacks wanna escape into some mythical advanced Pro-Black society....

At the end of the day...White Daddy has supplied us our fix and some of us just wanna do our drug in peace and spare the embarrassment that we been exploited and made Marvel/Disney a fukkton of money before they even show the fukking thing...

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So, yall talk all this shyt abt blk bizness

Call this film revolutionary.

"recycle the black dollar"

Black ppl r buying out theatres 4 kids 2 c this

But yall laugh at the idea this film should do more than entertain? :mjlol:

Ironic

I'll speak for myself.
I've never called this film revolutionary and this has nothing to do with black business because these are not black owned businesses. If there is enough social pressure exerted on Disney to force them to abide by this, then so be it, I wont be against that. Stranger things have happened.

But anyone holding the idea that Black Panther and Black Economics are one in the same needs to stop posting and go back to school.