Blavity Blacks start Petition for Disney to give 25% of Black Panther profits to the black community

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
@THE RETIRED SKJ

Funny we was just talking this shyt yesterday. :jbhmm:

Yeah i remember we did...

But these folks need to sit the fukk down with this we need to be more CREATIVE instead of REACTIVE.........

tenor.gif

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I'll speak for myself.
I've never called this film revolutionary and this has nothing to do with black business because these are not black owned businesses. If there is enough social pressure exerted on Disney to force them to abide by this, then so be it, I wont be against that. Stranger things have happened.

But anyone holding the idea that Black Panther and Black Economics are one in the same needs to stop posting and go back to school.
I just wanna see a dope film.

I'm pretty turned off by the promotion.

But, it's just a movie I'll see next Saturday.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
All these people over blowing this movie's impact likely never gave a fukk about black ownership or community until they jumped on the "woke" bandwagon a few years ago like everyone else. :francis:

I'm gonna watch it once all these promotions subside around when the Avengers Infinity movie comes out.

Last edited:

FSP

Banned
Daps
But you are a sensible bro though...

People are acting like Wakanda is some realistic possible future shyt...and that somehow Black Panther is gonna make like us evolve or some shyt as a people

It's pure religious type escapism...
This is it exactly. And hey, if it keeps the spirit alive then :ehh: I guess it's better to have it...than to not have it

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So y'all claim white people are going to be the ones to benefit from black people going to see this movie.

So black people say if that's the case then we need to get them white people who are benefitting from black people going to see this movie to give a percentage of that money back to the black community.

And black people are mad about and against that too?

Y'all nikkas really trying y'all best to make anything successful with black people a lose lose situation. Y'all nikkas full c00ns

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Black Panther helped the Black Community. It gave jobs to multiple actors, helped put Coogler on the map, gave tons of camera and production crew workers employment and might pave the wave for more big budget black fantasy/action movies.

FOH Shea Butter Twitter :camby:

Last edited:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
So y'all claim white people are going to be the ones to benefit from black people going to see this movie.

So black people say if that's the case then we need to get them white people who are benefitting from black people going to see this movie to give a percentage of that money back to the black community.

And black people are mad about and against that too?

Y'all nikkas really trying y'all best to make anything successful with black people a lose lose situation. Y'all nikkas full c00ns

No...

See...

Black people wanna be in movies...

Black people wanna see Black people in movies...

Black people tell White people to put them in movies....

White people make the movie happen and market to Black people...

Then Liberal Pro-Blacks say...since you are making a movie about Black people, with Black people in it and marketing it to us...we should get 25 percent of that to go to community development...

What sense does that make breh...

White people need to get a return on the movie...

And yeah...people who own corporations benefit the most from the corporation....the people that work there benefit the least...that's just the way it works...

I ain't saying it is the way it should it work...I am just putting out the dangerously limited understanding of capitalism and marketing and production creation...and the limits of representational politics...

You can't ask for individuals to be represented in movies to represent you and then claim you are being exploited...