Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I think it would actually be more productive to leverage those interest as a segue into math, science, and tech.

If they want to own a smartphone, make sure you give them an ifixit kit along with it and responsibility for it's maintenance. And if they're really interested in that, then you can introduce them to soldering(if they haven't done so themselves).

If they want to be a gamer, then make them build their own system from it's basic hardware(cpu, ram, HD/SSD, etc etc) and software(have them transfer w/e windows license at first, and then move on to a linux distro) components. Get them into game modding as a segue into programming and development.

The possibilities are endless.
^^^^^

It don't have to be either or, just gotta adjust and use it in a way to benefit themselves

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Get your lies together before you try to question my people, when your's can't stop running all over the globe from their failed state.

20150711_usc001.png

At least we don't run to the next man's country when things get tough for us here otherwise half our population would've been gone during reconstruction and jim crow.

He Nigerian right? A nikka from a country full of illterate mfs but talk shyt on us :mjlol:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Who has time for all that when you working a bunch of bs jobs trying to make ends meet?

as if black parents are the only ones who work to make ends meet :dead:

Waiting on people to blame “blk culture” for the fukkery of the American school system.

not black culture, just the ratchet culture.
I see it every day at my school. a lot of kids dont give a fukk about learning..they just care about fortnite, sports, lil baby, nle choppa, da baby and other dumb shyt they have no business having access to.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Blk students account for 15% of students in public schools but over 45% of all suspensions.

https://ocrdata.ed.gov/Downloads/CRDC-School-Discipline-Snapshot.pdf

The picture is even starker when taken into account with the fact that Blk students are also disproportionately identified for special education programs and under identified in talented/gifted programs.

Racial%20Disparities%20in%20School%20Infographic-AIR-hp-sm-01.png

Studies have shown that even one suspension is highly correlated with drop out and increased involvement with incarceration.
The correlations between the discipline gap and the achievement gap are (obvious as fukk) also being investigated as well.
:ehh:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I can speak on the South, the amount of fukkery that happens in the education down here is abysmal. Booksnrain is spitting truth. there is a INSTUITIONAL PROBLEM with education. There are so many bright young black minds, not being helped by their educators. Some labeled as problematic students are either sent to suspension or completely ignored. So many kids get left behind and not cater instead, let's put even more money into exceptional few. It's cotdamn zoo.

Y'all talking about ohh African/Asian this and that. Most the 1st gen immigrants are on different footing, education outside the US is way better than inside. Past 1st gen, it's much the same situation as native born people. In addition, when they get here. They have more access to resources than other groups of people. If you qualify for Magnet/Advance (usually given 4th/8th grade year) Placement, you get access to way better facilities than normal students and better teachers. So you can significantly further ahead than your peers.

Some of y'all really don't know how shyt really is on the ground level:mjlol:

Last edited:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
So it looks like racist school practices are the root. And if culture is a problem.. these school gaps are what is fueling the negative aspects of it.

If the black kids are not targeted, then the problem starts to be repaired.
Yep. But try going to a research conference and telling a bunch of white intellectuals that. My ass be sweating bullets. Oddly enough tho, I’ve actually gotten a lot of support b/c a lot of them know what the fukk is going on.

The numbers don’t lie. U can’t have a demographic be disproportionately represented in suspensions and expulsions and then sit there and wonder why they don’t know what they weren’t even in school to learn.:mjlol:

One researcher told me in the middle of my presentation that the findings were disgusting.:russ: I wanted to say “ya think motherfukker!”

Then I hit em with the economic costs. On some, “even if u want to analyze this problem from a purely conservative economic standpoint, we cost our nation billions of dollars by not addressing the racial and disciplinary disparities in our educational system. For instance in 2011-12 Texas schools had to spend an additional $76 million dollars due to students retained in previous grades correlated with exclusionary discipline.”

Had them people hit the:ohhh::francis::picard:

And when u start talking about the troubling implications behind the privatization of prison systems and those who benefit from school to prison pipeline....

Our education system is the beginning and end of our ability to progress.

That little white boy about to shoot up a school, that’s a failure of our education system. That blk boy who can draw the inside of an engine and took apart an electric pencil sharpener But was misidentified as emotionally disabled (ED) instead of academically and intellectually gifted (AIG) b/c he would act out due to hating his classes b/c he SEES ideas without having to write them down.
The lack of financial literacy, engaging content, testing, testing, testing, churning out entire generations of students with zero skills, who are disillusioned and can’t join the work force.....

That starts and ends with our education system. The same one gutted by conservatives in lieu of military spending, corporate welfare, and privatization of prison industrial complex.

They killed us for trying to learn to read for a reason. They never stopped trying to keep us from doing so.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Math ain't even that hard. I took accelerated precalculus didn't study and still passed with a C:mindblown: I haven't taken not one tutoring program

Dudes complaining about Algebra and Geometry just give up:mjlol:

You are unique. I'm also naturally good at Math, but most people aren't (especially past Algebra).

Daps
Yep. But try going to a research conference and telling a bunch of white intellectuals that. My ass be sweating bullets. Oddly enough tho, I’ve actually gotten a lot of support b/c a lot of them know what the fukk is going on.

The numbers don’t lie. U can’t have a demographic be disproportionately represented in suspensions and expulsions and then sit there and wonder why they don’t know what they weren’t even in school to learn.:mjlol:

One researcher told me in the middle of my presentation that the findings were disgusting.:russ: I wanted to say “ya think motherfukker!”

Then I hit em with the economic costs. On some, “even if u want to analyze this problem from a purely conservative economic standpoint, we cost our nation billions of dollars by not addressing the racial and disciplinary disparities in our educational system. For instance in 2011-12 Texas schools had to spend an additional $76 million dollars due to students retained in previous grades correlated with exclusionary discipline.”

Had them people hit the:ohhh::francis::picard:

And when u start talking about the troubling implications behind the privatization of prison systems and those who benefit from school to prison pipeline....

Our education system is the beginning and end of our ability to progress.

That little white boy about to shoot up a school, that’s a failure of our education system. That blk boy who can draw the inside of an engine and took apart an electric pencil sharpener But was misidentified as emotionally disabled (ED) instead of academically and intellectually gifted (AIG) b/c he would act out due to hating his classes b/c he SEES ideas without having to write them down.
The lack of financial literacy, engaging content, testing, testing, testing, churning out entire generations of students with zero skills, who are disillusioned and can’t join the work force.....

That starts and ends with our education system. The same one gutted by conservatives in lieu of military spending, corporate welfare, and privatization of prison industrial complex.

They killed us for trying to learn to read for a reason. They never stopped trying to keep us from doing so.

books u in academia so u kno folks got to understand the racial dynamic of cali. there no black schools here barely any black teachers and black principals etc.

u in charlotte where its black schools and teachers principal etc they care bout black kids more.

in cali there no protection for black kids struggling the same way. its alot of blacks in cali but they all scattered out through out the state.

so when black kids struggle here the teachers and admin dont care and dont help them the same way. I'm not surprised looking at the numbers knowing how the system works here

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
A lot of it is cultural. :yeshrug: In a white or Asian filled classrooms, the kids are usually quiet when it's time to learn, you rarely have to redirect them, and they actually do their homework and are reading outside of class. In a black classroom in poorer districts, the teacher is spending way too much time just trying to keep order. Arguments and joaning pop off so easily:

Teacher: James, can you read page 4

Sally: He can't read :russ::mjlol:

James: Shut up stupid:childplease:

Sally: Make me big head:usure:

James: Be quiet before I smack you:stopitslime:

Teacher: Enough! :mjtf:

shyt like this is going on in black classrooms ad nauseum, now think about how much instructional time is wasted because of this.

Last edited:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
I did what I had to in college:lolbron:. While I was pretty smart I definitely wasted potential, but it's not too late.

I'm thinking about going back for my bachelor's but now that I'm older I think I can do way better or do the Air Force, not sure yet.

Yeah but that mentality mad lazy .. prolly cost you some easy scholarships lol