Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Every few months ,a different state's results are released....Black students have the worst numbers, and coli members rehash the same excuses. Do y'all dudes believe the bullshyt you write or is this just denial of epic proportions?

If we don't face REALITY and try to address these things, it's gonna be a BAD LOOK for the future.
That’s the thing. I know all about the systematic shyt, I get that.

But I need someone to explain to me how the fukk we’re scoring less than Latinos who live in the same communities, with the same poverty rates, etc.

Like we get too busy defending the culture at times to folks who are gonna demonize us regardless. I don’t think it’s indicative of the culture as a whole but we definitely got an issue within the culture that needs to be addressed before it’s too late.

These stats disgust me man, our ancestors ain’t sacrifice life and limb for mediocrity like this.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Most important and relevant post in here. I feel very confident that about 90% of these issues can be resolved if it's given a priority at home beginning as infants, but how can we expect parents at mass to do what they never received?

Nah this is more bullshyt. Just because your parents were dumb doesn't mean you automatically flunk school. All it takes is pushing kids in the right direction. Unless you mean to tell me parents are so dumb and lazy they can't use technology themselves to help their kids learn:dead: These parents were born in 70s and 80s too:heh:

And these days there's so many free sources online it's crazy. Khan Academy, YouTube, etc. If one video isn't good there's many more teachers helping with the problem. And there's 1000s of problems ranging from Algebra to Precalculus to Calculus 3

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
And yall blame Tariq Nasheed for not wanting to live in the same hood as a bunch of smoked out, shermed out, leaned up illiterate Crips n Bloods? :heh:

Blacks in Cali don't really got it poppin like they should! It's been over for my ADOS brehs in SoCal....these are just nails in the coffin. Now those 20-30% who qualify are gonna BREED OUT :mjpls:, and the decline contunues. No excuse for this shyt.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Oh yeah I forgot to mention. This shyt starts in PRE-K

Study: Teacher-Student Racial Gap Matters -- Even in Pre-K - Education Writers Association

Researchers are calling it the preschool-to-prison pipeline
New Data Reveal 250 Preschoolers Are Suspended or Expelled Every Day - Center for American Progress

Yale University Professor Walter Gilliam first identified them in his team’s groundbreaking research more than 10 years ago. At that time, it was found that the three best predictors of preschool expulsion were the three B’s: “big, Black or boy.” That is, teachers are more likely to recommend preschool suspension or expulsion when the child is black, a boy, or is physically bigger than their peers. Obviously, this puts black boys in the greatest danger of being excluded from early learning opportunities.

This new CAP analysis of the National Survey of Children’s Health confirms these results. The data show that black children are 2.2 times more likely to be suspended or expelled than other children, and while boys represent 51 percent of the preschool population, they receive 82 percent of the suspensions and expulsions.

:ohhh:
I have a Big Black Boy they were trying kick out of pre k before I pulled him out :wow:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Thats interesting and all but someone informed me in another thread via twitter that some asian bytch said "Queen" and I feel that is a more pressing issue right now.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
I'd go with CB radio personally(much more basic circuit board setups for beginners), but these are all really good ideas. :ehh:

:salute:
The applications are endless. This was literally the course I taught. I started with the history of computing and progressed to the Digital Revolution in an effort to help them understand they can do more than dumb shyt with smartphones. I taught them how to fix screens and the business behind it. Some of my students started a side biz repairing iPhones during lunch and after school.

For my gaming students Game Mechanic is a cool resource to introduce basic game design concepts. More advanced students can jump into Unity.

Scratch is a great way to introduce algorithms, computational thinking and programming. One student made a flappy bird/Kirby Mashup. Another did some ill anime rpg all on the scratch platform

I snuck in a web dev unit based on building fan sites to their favorite rappers and iPhone/Android wars.

Yet my principal still riffed because none of them sat for the A+ :unimpressed:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Some school systems are starting to integrate restorative justice practices but it's a long way to go. They start it early too. My youngest son is bigger than 99% of children his age and was getting notes home every day from his pre-k teacher a week or two in.(big black man disorder). I found out they kept isolating him because "he wouldn't sit down & listen". I demanded to see her unit and lesson plans and saw that he wasn't listening because he was bored. That week they were learning basic shapes and it turns out he finished the week's work in about 15 minutes (we did shapes at home when he was like two). I checked the rest of the unit and it was a whole bunch of nonese

Pulled him out that day and enrolled in an Afrikaan-centered school. Haven't had a "behavioral issue" since :sas2:

Thank you for giving a damn about your son. Like really digging into the issue to help him.

My parents never did the same for me and now I'm playing catch up. :wow:

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
IAdditionally, if it were cultural then the immigrants would not be performing that well either, because if you look at the literacy rates in the countries where immigrants are coming from; they are basically shyt next to African Americans literacy rates.

He Nigerian right? A nikka from a country full of illterate mfs but talk shyt on us :mjlol:

No one is saying low literacy rates in other countries isn't a cultural issue as well. If you look at a country like Nigeria, sure on the surface it has a low literacy rate, but if you break it down by ethnic groups/regions, the southern Igbos are extremely literate and wealthier than the northern Muslim fundamentalist groups. A culture that embraces education, values its importance is going to thrive.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
It can not be culture, because the same culture that those kids are apart of also produced Historic Black Colleges and Universities. Those HBCUs along with producing countless doctors, lawyers, teachers, accountant and engineers, etc.; also produced the first Presidents of the African nations of Nigeria, Ghana and Malawi and countless African and Caribbean students attend those institutions right now. Additionally, if it were cultural then the immigrants would not be performing that well either, because if you look at the literacy rates in the countries where immigrants are coming from; they are basically shyt next to African Americans literacy rates.

So clearly the issue is personal accountability and responsibility. If parents will not take responsibility for their children educations and if the children don't care; then the school systems will not care either. Hell the slaves in the USA cared so much about education that they founded and funded HBCUs. So each person is responsible for their own selves and their children.
You're confused.

One, those HBCU's were created during a DIFFERENT era, when black americans as a collective were focused on self improvement and had strong families. Unity was promoted and stressed.

Nowadays the culture in black american communities are no where near as unified and on-code as they were in the late 1800s/early 1900's when most of the universities were created.

Secondly, personal accountability sounds like a republican talking point. Is that something you learned during your maga rally/ados convention?

The reality is there was a time when education was highly respected in black society. Primarily right after slavery during reconstruction when black Americans were officially allowed to educate themselves and read. Anti-intellectualism in the black community didn't really become a thing until the late 70's unfortunately.

Instead of looking at a way to deflect towards African immigrants (who have high value of education, just lack of resources), tell us why education has been destressed and de-emphasized in ADOS households.

Last edited:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I like some of the comments and opposing view points in this thread. I didnt read the last two pages, but hopefully it didnt go to shyt...

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I believe teachers need to be tougher.

You think Mrs. Daisy can teach kids in the hood:mjlol: We need strong individuals. Madea, Malcolm X, etc. A strong stern voice to put these kids in line. They not gone respect some frail 5'5 cac:hhh:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And yall blame Tariq Nasheed for not wanting to live in the same hood as a bunch of smoked out, shermed out, leaned up illiterate Crips n Bloods? :heh:

Blacks in Cali don't really got it poppin like they should! It's been over for my ADOS brehs in SoCal....these are just nails in the coffin. Now those 20-30% who qualify are gonna BREED OUT :mjpls:, and the decline contunues. No excuse for this shyt.
So i guess its ADOS's dream to marry whites and end the black race as we know it in America?

Interesting. This would explain the anti-african mindset.

Im sure you're hero's light skin kids will marry a bunch of white girls and live happily ever after huh? SMh

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I believe teachers need to be tougher.

You think Mrs. Daisy can teach kids in the hood:mjlol: We need strong individuals. Madea, Malcolm X, etc. A strong stern voice to put these kids in line. They not gone respect some frail 5'5 cac:hhh:
This is nonsense. If the kids don't learn respect at home, how the hell will they learn it at school?

Ya'll can't expect teachers to do EVERY DAMN THING.