Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Here’s the difference at white schools they give students the answers at black schools they don’t. 24 pages of complete nonsense.
Yeah, I used to write papers and complete discussion boards for reasonable prices, I was overwhelmingly approached by white and asian students through paypal, sometimes with their .edu attached. I covered Bio, A&P, and English. If you are good at Calc+, you can make bank but it's stressful work. And although I'm not that type of person, I was amazed at how open these people were to exposing themselves to blackmail.

Regarding the topic at hand, socioeconomic status has remained one of, if not the greatest predictor of academic success, and it's going to directly influence all other environmental issues. Secure universal pre-k, smaller class rooms, better teacher pay, and better top down state structuring (honestly needs to be federal at this point), and you will see the results. Understand, America, outside of its universities that attract foreigners for education, is consistently the bottom rung of educational standards among all other developed nations of equivalent standing. I would love to dive into the school system and how it is handled in America but that's an entire report on its own, it's just a clusterfukk and needs federal attention. Has anyone else here ever transferred from some terrible grade school in the south to a decent or top-level school in the north. The difference is staggering, you can go from kids being held back years and being allowed to mess around as the teacher only teaches the front row to a school that will make you question your entire upbringing. I have experienced that and have been alarmed to the difference in standards ever since I was a kid, that was when I was incapable of fully understanding the issue at large.

Honestly, we need to get the average person more politically motivated, there isn't a single thing you do in your life that isn't influenced by politics, you breathing as you post on this board is influenced by politics. We need to get serious about getting these crypt keepers out of office, getting corporate money out of office, and electing sensible politicians and holding them accountable each election cycle. Too many potential voters are disillusioned, demotivated, lazy, and ironically selfish. If people could see the moves, bills, and money Republicans dump to disenfranchise black people, you would see the true weight of your vote. And this isn't a both sides issue, the Republicans are far fukking worse than Democrats, if you paid attention to legislation you wouldn't even think the Republicans are human, but the Democratic party needs a reformation, the corporate backed crypt keepers need to go, the party needs to be taken seriously by the public and become the true party for the working class. They are going to take a big hit in the midterm, which is understandable but still silly given the past election cycles we have went through. I will always be pushing for better top-down standards but the state of America is truly depressing for anyone with the eyes to see it for what it really is. Ignorance is truly bliss, I will always hold to that saying, because you could convince me this is all predetermined game at this point even there we can practically pinpoint the reasons for outcomes in this country.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I experienced it first hand. Whenever people failed in the white schools teachers had a specific class for them where they basically gave them the answers. Not the exact answers but similar ones from the test. Just like how y’all think Asians are smart when they have complex systems for cheating. Black people are the only people in this country that play fair lol.
You are copping pleas here, sir.
Thread is about minimal basic skills assessment tests in one state. 1 out of 5 pass Math, 1 out of 3 passing the English test.

And the first thing you come up with is "bu bu but the white kids had the answer key"

If your younger relative or child didn't pass basic proficiency test, wouldn't you want to know why?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This nikka @Get These Nets is so naive that he as a grown man believes capitalist propaganda. Dude the only way to get ahead in this country is through cheating and then telling other people to play fair. Dude life and anybody like him probably stagnant as fukk.
You ducked the question about what your reaction would be if son did poorly on proficiency tests.

Went straight to deflect mode.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Here’s the difference at white schools they give students the answers at black schools they don’t. 24 pages of complete nonsense.

It's true.

Matter of fact, at the Black Schools they would teach you the wrong things. It happened to me when I was in Middle School.

I was in the 8th grade (Bus to another school) and we were taking a Math and English test and the White teacher told the class do not worry about this test it does not matter, but little did we know, this test was to place us into the correct math and english class for High School.

I found this out because when we reached High School, they placed us into remedial classes and one day I ran to the White kids (They went to a different high school) and they told me that the teacher secretly told them to do well on the test and the teacher actually help them and they were places into the corect, even advance mathematics classes.

One day while I was in the 12th grade, my teacher notice I was board as shyt in class and would finish my work early, and she gave me another test and they bumped me up by 3 math levels and I even earned a math award. They do this to Black children all the time.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Didn’t read all but socioeconomic status is the greatest indicator of educational success because the American school system is pay to play. You would think that big Ivy League scandal where people where getting fed time would have taught you guys the truth. But no, more neo conservative bootstraps nonsense.

this is America everything is for sale .
Yeah, I addressed most of that, although indirectly. Regarding bootstraps, I largely support social democratic policies, I support economic freedom but given my deterministic approach on life, I believe in a strong social safety net as a bare minimum in any developed nation. Ironically, you will consistently see economic freedom indexes ranking America lower than other developed nations with stronger safety nets, which speaks to your "pay-to-play" concerns.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
All of the blame can not be put on the parents, primarily it's the system.

I tried to be STEM teacher, because my background as an Chemical Engineer, and I killed the CSET test, and I get contacted all the time to be a teacher, but I want to teach at a primarily Black school, but they always send me jobs to teach at Non-Black (Hispanics/Latinos) schools, which I am not going to do.

I would actually take a pay cut to be a STEM teacher at a Black school.
nah bruh it isn't a lack of black teachers or even competent teachers. It's mainly the parents and the attitudes of the kids holding nikkas back. Black parents don't really get on their kids for shytty grades the way other groups do. I know nikkas love to escape any accountability and I've said this before. I went to a multitude of schools growing up.

Black private school - parents were engaged since they were paying out of pocket. Parents showed up to parent teacher. shyt back then they were so comfortable with the teachers they were eauthorized to pop us if we misbehaved.

Black public school - parents didn't give af. Could count the ones who showed up to parent teacher on one hand. Lots of kids failing.

White public school - parents were engaged. Showed up to parent teacher. Put their kids in after school programs when they didn't understand things or elaborated on the work at home.

Black public high school - parents didn't give af. And highkey many of them couldn't even assist their kids because the parents themselves didnt know basic math and English. A lose lose.

Hell "tiger parenting" isn't even a stereotype for the black community outside of African immigrants and I dare y'all to say I'm lying. Worst case I'll give you it's 75% parents 25% system but there's no way in hell I'm putting less than 50% of blame on the parents. Attitudes towards education are set at home :yeshrug:

Last edited:

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
I'm younger than a lot of y'all and always tested in accelerated or advanced in these tests in majority black schools. A lot of black kids didn't try hard nor gave a shyt about them. Hard to do well on them if you're not doing well in school already.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
You’re a Retard. School is all about repetition. These kids get the shyt repeated so much that they automatically remember it. I remember one time in private school they made us write the same sentence over and over and low and behold it was on the test. Yourretarded ass thinks that these cacs actually comprehend the bullshyt they spout. Most of em are so burnt out by college that they turn to smoking the dog food that the kid that “couldn’t read” sells . Poetic justice

nah your post was retarded. This one is too :mjlol:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
It's true.

Matter of fact, at the Black Schools they would teach you the wrong things. It happened to me when I was in Middle School.

I was in the 8th grade (Bus to another school) and we were taking a Math and English test and the White teacher told the class do not worry about this test it does not matter, but little did we know, this test was to place us into the correct math and english class for High School.

I found this out because when we reached High School, they placed us into remedial classes and one day I ran to the White kids (They went to a different high school) and they told me that the teacher secretly told them to do well on the test and the teacher actually help them and they were places into the corect, even advance mathematics classes.

One day while I was in the 12th grade, my teacher notice I was board as shyt in class and would finish my work early, and she gave me another test and they bumped me up by 3 math levels and I even earned a math award. They do this to Black children all the time.
I know white people whose parents did their homework for them through college