Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only way for black people to come out of being powerless is to organize and work with their fellow people across the globe. We are not a minority in this global game. My brother is my brother no matter the borderline he lives in.

So are you volunteering to be a Maths tutor for little Black kids in California? You can do it virtually.

You might not know this because you live in Canada, but California's Black population is only about 6% of the entire population of the State. Most Black Americans live east of the Rockies with the majority of those being east of the Mississippi River. On another note your point is really an indictment of the public education system in the USA.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
i feel like my dads comicbook hobby ensure all us learned to read early. The pictures really incentivized me as kid to figure what they were saying to go along with the cool imagery.

yeah maybe they don’t like to read cause they got boring ass books. No reason kids shouldn’t be taught to read with comic books and shyt. Thousands of books written a. Year and they gotta read some dud from the 1800s.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
:francis:

We have to get it together. Buckle down like the Asians. School, then cram school and then home studies or tutoring.

We're failing our children. If we're really who we say we are we would adapt to the standards set and demolish them. Our 8 year olds can't keep up with their curriculum.

:snoop:
It's like black kinds aren't meeting the standards so what do the people in power do? They lower the standards even more. :mjlol:

You can't make this shyt up. What kind of message does this send to black kids?

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
The test scores for this past school year is abysmal.

Across the state of California, of the grade 3-8 and grade 11 Black or African American students tested, only 17.95% passed or exceeded standards.

30,810 black students received a score and only 5,530 passed the test.

This is for maths.

YIKES!!

this is 1000% on the parents but IN for the juelzing that’s to follow.

All of the blame can not be put on the parents, primarily it's the system.

I tried to be STEM teacher, because my background as an Chemical Engineer, and I killed the CSET test, and I get contacted all the time to be a teacher, but I want to teach at a primarily Black school, but they always send me jobs to teach at Non-Black (Hispanics/Latinos) schools, which I am not going to do.

I would actually take a pay cut to be a STEM teacher at a Black school.

Last edited:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Those test are culturally biased only part universal is the math
Bullshyt. Unless by culturally biased you mean the test is biased towards those households that have a culture of reading, studying, valuing education and merit, and having high expectations of their children.

Also, there is this narrative out there that math is racist now.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
All of the blame can not be put on the parents, primarily it's the system.

I tried to be STEM teacher, because my background as an Chemical Engineer, and I killed the CSET test, and I get contacted all the time to be a teacher, but I want to teach at a primarily Black school, but they always send me jobs to teach at Non-Black (Hispanics/Latinos) schools, which I am not going to do.

I would actually take a pay cut to be a STEM teacher at a Black school.

Go online, look up the demographics of schools in your area, find the Black schools, and contact their principals directly. The principals will hook you up with the openings.

Last edited:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Last edited: