Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Many parents can't help their kids because they don't understand the material themselves.

I go over all my niece homework with because no way is her parents multiplying fractions 10yrs after HS graduation.

Luckily for my niece I was advanced in math and English and science.
as you should :salute: well done with the niece.

The GOOD parents that actually gaf and don't have a sibling like you to assist need to take the opportunity to relearn the material to then teach their kids. I've seen parents watching and following along Youtube videos on the subject to then teach the kid. It's a great way to bond with your child as well. If you can't even watch a 8 minute video on fractions to teach your kid then I'm not surprised when little Billy is failing 4th grade math.

Teacher can only do so much dealing with a class of 25 - 30. Everyone isn't going to get enough dedicated time. it's up to the parent to give that dedicated one on one after school with the homework or sign the kids up for after school help at minimum :yeshrug: YouTube is FREE and chaulk full of teaching for all grade levels and subjects.

But muhfukkas going to come in here and say it's white supremacy that prevents parents from being more invested in their kid's education :francis:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Many parents can't help their kids because they don't understand the material themselves.

I go over all my niece homework with because no way is her parents multiplying fractions 10yrs after HS graduation.

Luckily for my niece I was advanced in math and English and science.

No excuse, Parents should be able to brush up on those skills in order to teach their kids.

Folks have time for all kinds of fukkery but neglect their kids needs.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Good take

And like other posters said here, other groups have entire subcultures on cheating on these math tests. Those tests were set up to make people FAIL intentionally, if they actually play it fair; as people recognize that as time goes on, they have no respect for the traditional formal education process.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
No excuse, Parents should be able to brush up on those skills in order to teach their kids.

Folks have time for all kinds of fukkery but neglect their kids needs.

I hear u.

I just think the average parent isn't gonna do it because they don't see a value in it..

IMO parents from a non Stem background are not likely to struggle through math with their kids.

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
I work in the education system and come from a family that has for generations. A pretty sizable chunk of the culture doesn't give a damn about education. That and the ridiculously high number of "single parent" (mom) situations takes away the two greatest contributing factors to kids succeeding. Drive and discipline.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I work in the education system and come from a family that has for generations. A pretty sizable chunk of the culture doesn't give a damn about education. That and the ridiculously high number of "single parent" (mom) situations takes away the two greatest contributing factors to kids succeeding. Drive and discipline.

I'll say this. It takes work to educate a kid. In and outside of the classroom. My mom did well in school because my grandfather read to her as a baby as soon as she was home from the hospital. She was way more advanced than her classmates. I was having a lot of trouble, but my mom and grandmother kept me with tutors and after school classes. Grandma, tired as fukk after work, made sure to drive me three towns over to get the attention I needed.

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
I'll say this. It takes work to educate a kid. In and outside of the classroom. My mom did well in school because my grandfather read to her as a baby as soon as she was home from the hospital. She was way more advanced than her classmates. I was having a lot of trouble, but my mom and grandmother kept me with tutors and after school classes. Grandma, tired as fukk after work, made sure to drive me three towns over to get the attention I needed.

Exactly. Learning doesn't stop after the kids come home. There are entire generations of kids who have and are being prepared to be servants or in the case of girls, dependents when they get older. Of course, there are many families about their business, but the numbers of others failing their kids is high enough to be a problem.

I do what I can but:yeshrug:

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
ain't no diaspora war nikka :mjlol:it's well known that many African parents are hard on their kids education. How is that a diaspora war talking point.

And the notion of there are not after school programs at black schools or put on by community organizations is largely CAP.

And this last line is exactly why shyt doesn't get done in the community. Like why else wouldn't I blame the parents first and foremost for not being as active in the education of their own damn kids as other groups? :heh: Crazy thought ain't it, to expect that of a parent aye!

nikkas just sit by and think "how can I absolve myself and my people of all personal accountability for the current state of the community :jbhmm: hmmm when in doubt, White supremacy!"

Don't even try to engage some of these folks that don't know what they speaking on

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You can blame schools but anybody 18 and over should be able to help their kids get thru HS. I’ll be damned if I would just let my child be slow out here:what:

At the very least, should be aware of which direction to head for help for their child.

Responses in this thread indicate what people's priorities are, though.

Some are thinking about what resources are available to address the grade school children failing.
Others are bringing up all types of irrelevant shyt.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
You can blame schools but anybody 18 and over should be able to help their kids get thru HS. I’ll be damned if I would just let my child be slow out here:what:

Some of these parents are just teenagers mentally with good paying jobs (if that). A lot of them are so caught up in their personal day-to-day lives with work and entertainment fukkery that they cannot fathom spending time doing homework with kids after the age of 8.

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I use to blame schools when I was younger, but now I blame a lot of failures on parents not doing enough to improve the achievement gap. We need to go back to basics, get rid of PE, music and anything that does help improve English and Math scores. We shouldn't be wasting money and time on trying teach anything that isn't apart of the basics.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I use to blame schools when I was younger, but now I blame a lot of failures on parents not doing enough to improve the achievement gap. We need to go back to basics, get rid of PE, music and anything that does help improve English and Math scores. We shouldn't be wasting money and time on trying teach anything that isn't apart of the basics.

Don't you realize that will only make the obesity epidemic even worse? :wtf:

On top of the likes of authoritarian China now promoting more PE time and outdoor activity. Can't have strong minds and weak bodies that cannot endure basic nature. Human bodies were made to move and to push itself.

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Don't you realize that will only make the obesity epidemic even worse? :wtf:

On top of the likes of authoritarian China now promoting more PE time and outdoor activity. Can't have strong minds and weak bodies that cannot endure basic nature. Human bodies were made to move and to push itself.
Lol I would rather have them smart and fat than dumb and skinny. Sports should be done after school anyways rather than in school.