Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
My nephew's friend thought math was a joke.

A few yrs later, he got a jumpoff pregnant. She got him for child support. He got the letter and he was like "$26 a week aint bad. I can deal with that:ehh:"

I was like "breh, that's 26%, meaning for every $100 you bring home, she gets $26 of that":pachaha:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Someone explain these stats to me.

Are american black parents not teaching their kids math/reading at home or something???:gucci:

My parents beat all that shyt into me when i was a kid:dwillhuh:

I just feel in the west, our black culture doesn’t celebrate or strive for academic success.

Out biggest icons are musicians or sports stars…and the rest are just telling kids “you don’t need to go to school to be rich”.

I know every race has those people,
but I tend to see the BS being spoken The loudest by black elders and the whole hustle mentality.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
that dude trippin:russ:

Some might be but since I am in a position of influence and I hire people, I'll get you up out of here if you can't do what your resume says. I can't speak for any field but my own. I'm an accountant, controller to be exact. So, if someone tells me that they can do fly shyt in excel or you can make great pro formas, schedules or whatever else is needed, you are about to live by your reputation that you've set for yourself coming in. I have little patience with fukkery from people.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Someone explain these stats to me.

Are american black parents not teaching their kids math/reading at home or something???
:gucci:

My parents beat all that shyt into me when i was a kid:dwillhuh:
Math and reading.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Some might be but since I am in a position of influence and I hire people, I'll get you up out of here if you can't do what your resume says. I can't speak for any field but my own. I'm an accountant, controller to be exact. So, if someone tells me that they can do fly shyt in excel or you can make great pro formas, schedules or whatever else is needed, you are about to live by your reputation that you've set for yourself coming in. I have little patience with fukkery from people.

This is true shyt.

Years ago, we had some new hire fukker tell us they were an excel ninja.

Needed them to pivot up some data.

Came back an hour later and they didn’t know how to do a pivot table and were using excel with a mouse. :hhh:

Ass was oughta there the next week. :camby:

You can lie all you want on your resume to get in the door. Loads up people do it. He’ll, I’ve done it.

Bust just make sure you can back it up if you get called on to perform.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just saw this. What kind of test are they doing in California. Mostly anyone I’ve ever met from Cali has been intelligent.

I’m assuming that this test cali has is rough?

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
nah bruh it isn't a lack of black teachers or even competent teachers. It's mainly the parents and the attitudes of the kids holding nikkas back. Black parents don't really get on their kids for shytty grades the way other groups do. I know nikkas love to escape any accountability and I've said this before. I went to a multitude of schools growing up.

Black private school - parents were engaged since they were paying out of pocket. Parents showed up to parent teacher. shyt back then they were so comfortable with the teachers they were eauthorized to pop us if we misbehaved.

Black public school - parents didn't give af. Could count the ones who showed up to parent teacher on one hand. Lots of kids failing.

White public school - parents were engaged. Showed up to parent teacher. Put their kids in after school programs when they didn't understand things or elaborated on the work at home.

Black public high school - parents didn't give af. And highkey many of them couldn't even assist their kids because the parents themselves didnt know basic math and English. A lose lose.

Hell "tiger parenting" isn't even a stereotype for the black community outside of African immigrants and I dare y'all to say I'm lying. Worst case I'll give you it's 75% parents 25% system but there's no way in hell I'm putting less than 50% of blame on the parents. Attitudes towards education are set at home :yeshrug:

Bro tried to sneak on the diaspora wars with the quickness, I'm the last person to start that with
full

For Black students having Black Teachers and Competent Teachers benefits the Black students substantially, there have been multiple studies which shows that for Black students, have a Black Teacher increase test scores, confidence and increased the percentage of Black students going to college: Edge: The power of a Black teacher - UNC School of Education

I know for example, like you, I went to multiple schools. I already gave an example on how a White teacher purposely held back the Black students and it was my Black Female Math teacher who notice I was more mathematically advance than other students (She was right, I became a Chemical Engineer).

Your trying to compare Black Schools/Black Parents to White Schools/White Parents is laughable and not factoring in White Supremacy. Of course the White Parents are going to place their children into after school programs, they have all the resources and the school/government provides the after school programs. Black parents can not do such things because they do not have the resources, nor do the schools provide after school programs, also the parents are working low paying jobs, where they are working 2-3 jobs, or one job and they are pulling double shifts.

You trying to put the primary blame on the Parents, and not putting the primary blame on Systemic White Supremacy is crazy. I have homies who had shytty ass parents, but one thing they did have was a Black teacher, who they were able to look up to and say yeah my parents are fukked up, but I know there is another way out and looked at the Black teacher as inspiration.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I just feel in the west, our black culture doesn’t celebrate or strive for academic success.

Out biggest icons are musicians or sports stars…and the rest are just telling kids “you don’t need to go to school to be rich”.

I know every race has those people,
but I tend to see the BS being spoken The loudest by black elders and the whole hustle mentality.

Also, I believe that the great recession of the late 00s made people trust the education system a whole lot less, IMO. People saw college grads with bachelors and masters degrees, unemployed, and thought that education is a money scheme and keeps people BROKE.

Add in social media, the lure of fast money, regular jobs paying a whole lot more in 2022, and people Resigning left n right, a lot of people seeing formal education as :ld: and :patrice:

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Bro tried to sneak on the diaspora wars with the quickness, I'm the last person to start that with
full

For Black students having Black Teachers and Competent Teachers benefits the Black students substantially, there have been multiple studies which shows that for Black students, have a Black Teacher increase test scores, confidence and increased the percentage of Black students going to college: Edge: The power of a Black teacher - UNC School of Education

I know for example, like you, I went to multiple schools. I already gave an example on how a White teacher purposely held back the Black students and it was my Black Female Math teacher who notice I was more mathematically advance than other students (She was right, I became a Chemical Engineer).

Your trying to compare Black Schools/Black Parents to White Schools/White Parents is laughable and not factoring in White Supremacy. Of course the White Parents are going to place their children into after school programs, they have all the resources and the school/government provides the after school programs. Black parents can not do such things because they do not have the resources, nor do the schools provide after school programs, also the parents are working low paying jobs, where they are working 2-3 jobs, or one job and they are pulling double shifts.

You trying to put the primary blame on the Parents, and not putting the primary blame on Systemic White Supremacy is crazy. I have homies who had shytty ass parents, but one thing they did have was a Black teacher, who they were able to look up to and say yeah my parents are fukked up, but I know there is another way out and looked at the Black teacher as inspiration.
ain't no diaspora war nikka :mjlol:it's well known that many African parents are hard on their kids education. How is that a diaspora war talking point.

And the notion of there are not after school programs at black schools or put on by community organizations is largely CAP.

And this last line is exactly why shyt doesn't get done in the community. Like why else wouldn't I blame the parents first and foremost for not being as active in the education of their own damn kids as other groups? :heh: Crazy thought ain't it, to expect that of a parent aye!

nikkas just sit by and think "how can I absolve myself and my people of all personal accountability for the current state of the community :jbhmm: hmmm when in doubt, White supremacy!"

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
nah bruh it isn't a lack of black teachers or even competent teachers. It's mainly the parents and the attitudes of the kids holding nikkas back. Black parents don't really get on their kids for shytty grades the way other groups do. I know nikkas love to escape any accountability and I've said this before. I went to a multitude of schools growing up.

Black private school - parents were engaged since they were paying out of pocket. Parents showed up to parent teacher. shyt back then they were so comfortable with the teachers they were eauthorized to pop us if we misbehaved.

Black public school - parents didn't give af. Could count the ones who showed up to parent teacher on one hand. Lots of kids failing.

White public school - parents were engaged. Showed up to parent teacher. Put their kids in after school programs when they didn't understand things or elaborated on the work at home.

Black public high school - parents didn't give af. And highkey many of them couldn't even assist their kids because the parents themselves didnt know basic math and English. A lose lose.

Hell "tiger parenting" isn't even a stereotype for the black community outside of African immigrants and I dare y'all to say I'm lying. Worst case I'll give you it's 75% parents 25% system but there's no way in hell I'm putting less than 50% of blame on the parents. Attitudes towards education are set at home :yeshrug:

Many parents can't help their kids because they don't understand the material themselves.

I go over all my niece homework with because no way is her parents multiplying fractions 10yrs after HS graduation.

Luckily for my niece I was advanced in math and English and science.