Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
:russ:The people whos kids are doing well are still complaining about the system. That's how bad it is.
And TAKING THEIR KIDS OUT! Lmao! But we still playing bootstrap games.
Number of Homeschoolers in U.S. 2017-2018 Home School Growing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...hools-in-droves-to-homeschool-their-kids/amp/

Parents have few options when moving kids from failing public schools

There are entire districts with schools below C rating

“About 1 out of 10 students took RSD up on the offer to transfer to a new school. Most of them ended up at D schools. A few ended up at schools that had been graded F but were taken over by new management this school year.”
transfer-destinations-e1363727029295.png

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Whole lotta juelzing in this thread. :mjlol:

There are studies, upon studies, upon studies that consistently show that no matter if it’s a low tier, mid tier, or high tier school, black students CONSISTENTLY underperform relative to their counterparts. Poor white and Asian kids manage to do well at the same “resource lacking” schools that ADOS struggle in. In all black schools, the top 10% of the class will almost always be damn near all black immigrants and not ADOS.

Y’all can get emotional, make excuses, and neg like fakkits. I’m telling it how it is. I grew up in it, I witnessed it first hand. Top 10% of the class would be nothing but Africans, Caribbean’s, and the literal ONLY 3-4 white and Asian kids who’re actually at the school. :mjlol: Y’all witnessed it too, but wanna be in denial and make excuses. African American culture is toxic and backwards. Literally do a scan of the type of threads that do numbers in TLR on the daily and it ain’t hard to see why. :manny:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Whole lotta juelzing in this thread. :mjlol:

There are studies, upon studies, upon studies that consistently show that no matter if it’s a low tier, mid tier, or high tier school, black students CONSISTENTLY underperform relative to their counterparts. Poor white and Asian kids manage to do well at the same “resource lacking” schools that ADOS struggle in. In all black schools, the top 10% of the class will almost always be damn near all black immigrants and not ADOS.

Y’all can get emotional, make excuses, and neg like fakkits. I’m telling it how it is. I grew up in it, I witnessed it first hand. Top 10% of the class would be nothing but Africans, Caribbean’s, and the literal ONLY 3-4 white and Asian kids who’re actually at the school. :mjlol: Y’all witnessed it too, but wanna be in denial and make excuses. African American culture is toxic and backwards. Literally do a scan of the type of threads that do numbers in TLR on the daily and it ain’t hard to see why. :manny:
That’s because our culture is the dominant culture worldwide, so of course the good and bad will be highlighted more. If other cultures, outside of the US, were highlighted like ours, I’m quite sure we’d see the good and bad from them, just like you see on here.

As for the topic, the numbers aren’t pretty. There’s plenty of reasons for this, and a conversation needs to be had. The more things play out, the more I believe this conversation needs to be had amongst AA’s only. We have to work on improving this, though. My grandpa can’t read to this day, but he made sure all of his children were college educated. I don’t know the exact issues, but there is a problem. What we’re seeing now is folks use these numbers to take a dig at AA’s, even by those who have the same skin color. These numbers are being used to justify previously held beliefs and stereotypes.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
At my university, an HBCU, the top of the classes were mostly AA’s. At HBCU’s across the south, Midwest, and East Coast, the top of the classes are mostly AA’s. It’s like that at your Morehouses, Spelmans, Alcorn State’s, Southern’s, etc. Hell, my college graduates more AA STEM majors and accountants than any university in the US.

There’s a lot we need to improve on as a community, but there’s also a lot of things we’re doing right. There’s a ton of good. We have done quite well, considering we are in the belly of the beast of white supremacy, and for the most part, have stayed put in this country.

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Who has time for all that when you working a bunch of bs jobs trying to make ends meet?

Well if you fukk for them fend for them fukk you mean nikka?

So a nikka will trade his whole day to work a job for a cracker and be so tired you can't stand in the paint for yo seeds? Yo legacy?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You want a bunch of people to teach their kids things they weren't taught :dead:

This is the biggest issue.

The struggling communities are segregated off from anyone successful. And when someone from the struggling community becomes successful, 80% of the time they leave rather than staying to be a mentor and example for the rest of them struggling.

As long as the haves (not just material - social/educational/experiential) are segregated off from the have-nots, this will persist. So if you are one of those "haves", if you are educated and have your life in order, what are you doing to help raise up the rest of the community?

yyy

All Star
Daps
Hard to understate how big of a problem this is. Even if you say that these tests don't mean much. The fact that the schools teach to the tests, and our kids fail them at such spectacular rates means that the vast majority of Black kids aren't learning anything at all. They are just going through the motions. But the most devastating line in this article is this, "Income disparities do not explain all of the gaps in student performance: more-affluent black children are meeting standards at rates comparable to "economically disadvantaged" white students." What does this mean? It means that well off Black children, i.e. Black children from parents who went to college, have a stable income and have opportunities are performing on the same level as the poor white kids. This discrepancy needs to be talked about way more.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I loved math and passed it in HS and college with no issues :manny:

i understood and preferred math over shytty science classes. Useless ass shyt that i wont even apply in life. :francis:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Unless Black parents take a seriously active interest in their kids education, they will continue to perform menial jobs and prison pipeline.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
A large portion of black children dont see education as important it's simple as that. nikkas gonna run in here juelzing, acting hyperemotional and negging but it is what it is. If I just rewind back the clock 5 years I was still in HS in Brooklyn and the majority of nikkas either focused on sports thinking they were really gonna be the next Lebron, who was repping what set, who's from what hood, who's getting money from scamming etc. Mind you this was a mixed school but I would say it was 50% black and 50% other( white,asian, Arabs, Hispanic etc) but 90% of the top GPA's in our senior year belonged to non black students:francis:. And no it wasn't just my school it's like that all throughout brooklyn, all throughout nyc, and all throughout the country.

The culture needs a major change:yeshrug:.

The unfortunate truth is education in black society is taking a less important role.

There are going to be every excuse under the sun in this thread, but this is what we mean when people post “cool” videos of our kids dancing in school, or wilding out, or clowning someone else because of their clothing. Even as far as promoting low skilled jobs as trades as good careers for the black community. No they simply aren’t. They’re good for low educated people.

We need to change the narrative. As Brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties, fathers and mothers.Buy books or museum tickets for birthday/Christmas gifts, chill with your lil cousin and do some homework instead of playing Madden. We need to stop the excuses and help change this ourselves

The biggest influence a child in your family can have is sometimes yourself.

Last edited:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Wow the lack of accountability in this thread is :picard:

Black people got no hope for the future please dnt have any kids if u in here passing off the blame. Life ain’t fair and will never be fair simple.

You got people sending their kids unaccompanied to try to make it a decent living in America and we squandering it plain and simple. Post all the reviews u want but at the end of the day it’s on you.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was talking to a teacher who said for whatever reason a lot of black kids are in special ed. I wonder how many are just born with learning disabilities and there just isn’t enough time or money from the parent to address it.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow the lack of accountability in this thread is :picard:

Black people got no hope for the future please dnt have any kids if u in here passing off the blame. Life ain’t fair and will never be fair simple.

You got people sending their kids unaccompanied to try to make it a decent living in America and we squandering it plain and simple. Post all the reviews u want but at the end of the day it’s on you.

I agree. Too many of us don’t want to look in the mirror. The f your kid can’t read that is on you and your failure as a parent.