Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Well, before we blame the system entirely lets remember the fact that asian kids are getting 70%+ scores in that same system.

If it was all about the system wouldn't it depress and lower scores of all children across the board?

There's clearly something black parents can do about this. Blaming the system is not it.
Are Asian children more or less likely to be funneled into poor quality school systems with high percentages of inexperienced, low quality teachers, high teacher turnover rates, high student/teacher ratios, and an emphasis on criminal behavior management systems?

Do white teachers have racist negative perceptions of them that impact the quality of instruction they provide to their Asian students? Research demonstrates that’s the case for black students.

Are Asian student as likely to be under-identified in talented and gifted programs as blk students?

On top of ALL of this, are Asian families in a higher socioeconomic bracket than AA families or not? Will this impact the quality of education and their post-school outcomes or not?

I mean I’ve already posted some of the literature but we haven’t even scratched the surface.
I got a reference list of about 56 quantitative studies linking poverty, racism, white teacher perceptions and exclusionary discipline with economic opportunity gaps, school to prison pipeline, disciplinary gaps AND teacher quality gap AND disproportionality in special education—- in all of which are big factors ALONE much less together in blk American student achievement than blk parenting practices.

Even blk boys from affluent backgrounds are STILL fukked over in our education system.
NPR Choice page

Make. It. Make. Sense.

I know ur thinking that a young dude raised by Bonequesha in the hood who ain’t reading to lil man when he’s young is the primary cause of this shyt.

But studies also show that black families are more involved with student education more than ever...but the gaps still persist.

Ya’ll gon have me singin Backstreet Boys in a minute...
“TELL ME WHY!”

♦ African-American boys score relatively lower (from about one-tenth to one-fifth of a standard deviation) in reading skills assessments (see Figure 3).41 How- ever, once we control for SES, financial resources and demographic characteristics, the gaps disappear at pre-school age and at kindergarten, in fact, we see a better significant outcome for African-American boys than white boys.
http://www.nccp.org/publications/pdf/text_1014.pdf
How crazy it is that our kids do better in the early years prior to enduring these shytty ass schools...
But are SEVERAL years behind by the time they in the 3rd grade.

Probably b/c racism starts as soon as our babies enter American educational systems and remain problematic from cradle to grave.
What Could Make Less Sense than Expelling a Preschooler?

Not saying blk parents are perfect. Just saying even the ones that are can’t fight these barriers alone without us carrying some collective scars.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Breh I went to black schools K-12. I witnessed so much disrespect to teachers black and white. I’ve seen chairs thrown at teachers, they tires slashed, phones stolen

Them nikkas are disruptive to the mfs who wanna learn
I WAS a teacher in predominately blk and Latino Title 1 schools. If I had to sit still with no recess, and listen to a white teacher drone on for 4 90 minute blocks without end, with no science fairs, field trips, projects, engaging content, or authentic learning experiences...and no arts b/c no funding, AND I’m hungry, AND my teacher hates me or fears me, I would throw a chair too.

Oh and did I mention I was gonna get tested in every subject at least 8 times a month.

School for me was a completely different world than school is today after being gutted by conservative policies. The deterioration of student behavior and achievement overall is a direct reflection of that and anything that sukks for the nation sukks harder for us b/c we have so many other barriers to overcome in addition to the fukkery. The lack of guidance from some blk parents doesn’t help, but they didn’t create this problem.

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly.

I'll tell you this.

A lot of parents care more about goin' all out for their child for prom or homecoming. Education is secondary to them, if that

The weirdest part is that everybody in this thread probably knows those type of lazy ass parents, but they are up in this thread pretending like it can't just be lazy ass parenting.

You know that the problem is the trifling ass parents of this generation, because if people can just think back just a couple of generations ago they will remember that the old people could barely read and write, but they were still sending kids to colleges left and right; because they were strict about their kids behavior and educations. Those schools back then were segregated and broke and the teachers were getting paid dog shyt, but those parents were all about their kids educations.

Last edited:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
1. Asian and White parents on average have a higher income, higher education, and much *better* education exposure, alongside cultural capital.
Many poor Whites and Asians were raised by educated parents and grandparents, and they themselves attended superior schools overall; even if they aren't high earning now they have the capabilities to provide the same educational opportunities to their children.

2. Being smart and getting good grades isn't :looked down upon" anywhere; and the same anti-intellectual strain that is in the US is worldwide.

3. Summer camps have been shown to play a massive role in education disparity, something you failed to note.
Hell man we didn’t even get to the summer learning deficits.

Give you three guesses which political party has been instrumental in the gutting of summer programs aimed at reducing summer learning loss.

Starts with a c—and rhymes with onservative.

Trump Administration Propose Cuts to Key Federal Funding for Summer Programs - Summer Learning

• “Eliminates Title II comprehensive literacy development grants (Title II Part B of ESSA)—which support student literacy programs in and out of school, fostering partnership between teachers, libraries, and families. Research showsthat ensuring students are reading on grade level by the end of third grade has dramatic impacts on their long-term outcomes.
  • Eliminates funding for the Corporation for National & Community Service—which includes all AmeriCorps programs, including VISTA and STEM AmeriCorps. These service members are a key staffing component of many summer programs.
  • Reduces funding for summer meals—while also restricting access and adding administrative burden for child nutrition programs that provide healthy and regular meals to students who too often go hungry, especially when school is not in session.
  • Reduces overall funding for TRIO programs including GEAR UP to $950 million and transitions the collection of TRIO programs from a series of competitive grant programs to a single State formula program.”
I couldn’t make this shyt up if I tried.
:mjlol::russ:
We are so fukking stupid as a nation. How did we get bamboozled into letting these a$$holes take away every single social government accountability measure, give to greedy corporate cronies and then make us turn around and blame the poor AS WE UNDERMINE THE PRIMARY VEHICLE THEY HAVE TO ESCAPE THE POVERTY WE HATE THEM FOR BEING THE VICTIM OF!

Yo, puff puff pass. The shyt we smoking is sensational.:russ:

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Are Asian children more or less likely to be funneled into poor quality school systems with high percentages of inexperienced, low quality teachers, high teacher turnover rates, high student/teacher ratios, and an emphasis on criminal behavior management systems?

Do white teachers have racist negative perceptions of them that impact the quality of instruction they provide to their Asian students? Research demonstrates that’s the case for black students.

Are Asian student as likely to be under-identified in talented and gifted programs as blk students?

On top of ALL of this, are Asian families in a higher socioeconomic bracket than AA families or not? Will this impact the quality of education and their post-school outcomes or not?

I mean I’ve already posted some of the literature but we haven’t even scratched the surface.
I got a reference list of about 56 quantitative studies linking poverty, racism, white teacher perceptions and exclusionary discipline with economic opportunity gaps, school to prison pipeline, disciplinary gaps AND teacher quality gap AND disproportionality in special education—- in all of which are big factors ALONE much less together in blk American student achievement than blk parenting practices.

Even blk boys from affluent backgrounds are STILL fukked over in our education system.
NPR Choice page

Make. It. Make. Sense.

I know ur thinking that a young dude raised by Bonequesha in the hood who ain’t reading to lil man when he’s young is the primary cause of this shyt.

But studies also show that black families are more involved with student education more than ever...but the gaps still persist.

Ya’ll gon have me singin Backstreet Boys in a minute...
“TELL ME WHY!”

♦ African-American boys score relatively lower (from about one-tenth to one-fifth of a standard deviation) in reading skills assessments (see Figure 3).41 How- ever, once we control for SES, financial resources and demographic characteristics, the gaps disappear at pre-school age and at kindergarten, in fact, we see a better significant outcome for African-American boys than white boys.
http://www.nccp.org/publications/pdf/text_1014.pdf
How crazy it is that our kids do better in the early years prior to enduring these shytty ass schools...
But are SEVERAL years behind by the time they in the 3rd grade.

Probably b/c racism starts as soon as our babies enter American educational systems and remain problematic from cradle to grave.
What Could Make Less Sense than Expelling a Preschooler?

Not saying blk parents are perfect. Just saying even the ones that are can’t fight these barriers alone without us carrying some collective scars.

You might be right, but it doesn't matter. Fact is racism is not a factor we can control. We can complain about it untill forever. Post endless studies. Can't change it. Its not in our control.

Parenting is controllable and it makes a big difference.

Having two parents makes a difference.

Parents that set standards make a difference.

Parents that turn off TV and video games makes a difference.

Parents that give their kids a consistent breakfast makes a difference.

Complaining about racism and blaming schools doesn't do shyt for your kids. You can't control those things. Focus on whats controllable and try to mitigate what you can't.

That's exactly what I see asian parents doing. Even in shytty schools. And their scores are still higher.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
where do you get school statistics for different states?

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Well, before we blame the system entirely lets remember the fact that asian kids are getting 70%+ scores in that same system.

If it was all about the system wouldn't it depress and lower scores of all children across the board?

There's clearly something black parents can do about this. Blaming the system is not it.

Yup. Those statistics are interesting and all but if those changes are happening in the education system then they're happening across the board with white, asian and latin students too no? So in that case, outside of the disciplinary aspect, it still can't explain why black students are performing so poorly in comparison.

Any argument that leaves out the responsibility of the culture as a whole and the parents is just intellectually dishonest. Like many have mentioned before, if you went to school pretty much anywhere in the US and you actually had your eyes open then you know it ain't just "the system". This is one of those issues where there needs to be a higher level of accountability.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
IDK breh. I think it's on the parents to make sure their kids are reading at home after school as well. If the only time you're opening a book is at school, you aren't going to keep up from grade to grade.

They're doing some BS now, kids aren't allowed to be given homework on the weekends.
:mindblown:

I heard that from my nephew and told him to crack open the books.

Foolishness is propagated by his mom who is a teacher. She's a bird brain anyways.

Growing up my parents never wanted us to be like them but to exceed them. There's no way kids are going to be doing that with this nonsense in place.

Kids all over are studying and he isn't. He's being left behind. The tech and maths are more advanced than it was when we were in school.

Our kids need a Chinese studying work ethic.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
They're doing some BS now, kids aren't allowed to be given homework on the weekends.
:mindblown:

I heard that from my nephew and told him to crack open the books.

Foolishness is propagated by his mom who is a teacher. She's a bird brain anyways.

Growing up my parents never wanted us to be like them but to exceed them. There's no way kids are going to be doing that with this nonsense in place.

Kids all over are studying and he isn't. He's being left behind. The tech and maths are more advanced than it was when we were in school.

Our kids need a Chinese studying work ethic.

The Chinese violated numerous human rights IN CHINA regarding towards burning out the kids. Thats unconstitutional in America because that is considered cruel and unusual punishment. If anything, I'll introduce new and creative ways to learn subjects that will click right to their individual needs.

Parents need to be more involved , yes, but they need special attention and not some military style instructor like their teachers that care about standardized testing more than their well being.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
School and these results only show that black kids failed to retain and apply the knowledge while at school. But as an adult you should realize that most adults of all races haven't retained shyt from school.Because most of the knowledge from school was never applicable post highschool. So basically black kids aren't being disciplined enough to go along with the status quo and the indoctrination is what you are saying. Think about how crazy that is to say as a black person. The lack of applicable knowledge that people retain post school,is an indictment on the knowledge being taught. Truthfully we could have stopped at about the 6th or 7th grade and been okay. I can guarantee you most adults,who you probably consider smart,couldn't pass alot of those test these kids are taking. Once you realize the Europeans knowledge is mostly worthless,fluff,and full of lies its hard to get upset at our black kids. I'm upset that we have to send them to school in the first place,just to be batterys for the system.Glorified free daycare where we can send our children,while the system uses our free labor to make the elites richer and keep the global economy going smoothly.Got Africans and AA's in here arguing smh,yall truly don't see the okey doke
wlHloyr.png

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
not black culture, just the ratchet culture.
I see it every day at my school. a lot of kids dont give a fukk about learning..they just care about fortnite, sports, lil baby, nle choppa, da baby and other dumb shyt they have no business having access to.
If I hear another lil girl make fun of another lil girl edges again:mjcry:

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
I WAS a teacher in predominately blk and Latino Title 1 schools. If I had to sit still with no recess, and listen to a white teacher drone on for 4 90 minute blocks without end, with no science fairs, field trips, projects, engaging content, or authentic learning experiences...and no arts b/c no funding, AND I’m hungry, AND my teacher hates me or fears me, I would throw a chair too.

Oh and did I mention I was gonna get tested in every subject at least 8 times a month.

School for me was a completely different world than school is today after being gutted by conservative policies. The deterioration of student behavior and achievement overall is a direct reflection of that and anything that sukks for the nation sukks harder for us b/c we have so many other barriers to overcome in addition to the fukkery. The lack of guidance from some blk parents doesn’t help, but they didn’t create this problem.

I mean, I agree with a lot of what you posted, but we also have to confront the grim reality that these schools aren't going to become perfect anytime soon. So now what? We continue blaming schools/society and letting these kids fail, or instill some grit in them and get them to succeed despite these obstacles? It's not like it's impossible, many black kids in these Title 1 schools are learning and passing these exams and they are coming form the same communities as their failing peers. Perhaps we should be focusing on these kids to see how they're able to succeed despite the shyt they have to deal with.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
You might be right, but it doesn't matter. Fact is racism is not a factor we can control. We can complain about it untill forever. Post endless studies. Can't change it. Its not in our control.

Parenting is controllable and it makes a big difference.

Having two parents makes a difference.

Parents that set standards make a difference.

Parents that turn off TV and video games makes a difference.

Parents that give their kids a consistent breakfast makes a difference.

Complaining about racism and blaming schools doesn't do shyt for your kids. You can't control those things. Focus on whats controllable and try to mitigate what you can't.

That's exactly what I see asian parents doing. Even in shytty schools. And their scores are still higher.
None of the data supports any of what u are saying. They are NOT going to the same shytty schools, they do NOT have to deal with persistent effects of poverty and racism. They are model minority status and ironically instead of telling their kids to work harder Asian American parents are some of the most tireless advocates for educational reform in a foreign fukking country. Asians use money and resources to RUN school districts in Cali in Asian communities. School leadership ANSWERS TO THEM.
If there is one thing I want to take away from Asian culture it’s having balls to come to another country and demand a fix to shytty schools claiming their kids could do even better if they were fixed.:mjlol:
The political solutions I’ve advocated underscore this attitude. Trying to fix the results of 400 years of systemic dismantling of the blk family and the resultant effects by primarily blaming parents is stupid and a hell of a lot harder to fix than getting out and participating in local politics to get inept principals out or shytty superintendents at local levels.

Hell we got one racist principal dismissed and hired a blk male one at a local school and it went from an F school to an B school in one year.

Parents still single parents. School still predominately free and reduced lunch. Kids still broke. But now magically, the kids don’t run that school anymore. Suspension rates went down, teacher retention rates decreased, student achievement went up...

Still same ole horrible blk “culture” and bad ass kids...but a change in school leadership completely turned it around. Gee I wonder how!

Oh and their test scores went up too.:mjlol: shyt is simple. Why are we too shook to hold our government accountable for shyt we LITERALLY PAY FOR!!! Like public education.

I don’t give a damn if Tommy came from heaven or hell. As soon as he hits that school he should be getting an authentic learning environment that is TRANSFORMATIVE. We don’t call education the great equalizer b/c we worried about the parents. We call it that b/c it’s supposed to enhance lives of whoever it touches regardless of their backgrounds.
When it doesn’t, sure have blk parents do better...but address the system too.