Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Culturally biased" my ass:mjlol:

You got dudes in thread talmbout culture and crack era and rap music and school funding and crazy shyt like that being the reason that shyt is happening. :dead:

Nope. It is real straight forward. If parents don't stress the importance of school to the kids then the kids are just going to chill. If you had people like mine then your ass would have been too afraid not to study. :wow:

It is just personal responsibility.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
So black kids need to stop acting a fool in school then why are we :cape: for bad behavior?

me nor any of my siblings were ever suspended or expelled from school
Is every blk person that gets shot in America guilty or are we still at risk to get our heads blown off just for the color of our skin

Majority of blk kids getting these suspensions aren’t even doing anything. White teachers have been on record indicating their racial bias impacts discipline.

White teachers are scared of blk kids or have stereotypes of them. Johnny raping his peer or shooting up a school is a pat on the wrist. A blk student cracking a joke or rolling his/her eyes = 10 day suspension.

Black students in NYC get harsher suspensions for the same infractions

Data intersects with blk children unfairly misidentified as having learning disabilities.

“There is also good research showing the reality of racism in America. A 2014 study, for example, found that people generally view black boys as older and less innocent starting at the age of 10. “Children in most societies are considered to be in a distinct group with characteristics such as innocence and the need for protection,” Phillip Goff, an author of the 2014 study, said in a statement. “Our research found that black boys can be seen as responsible for their actions at an age when white boys still benefit from the assumption that children are essentially innocent.”

Another study released in 2017 produced similar results, finding that Americans overall view black girls as less innocent and more mature for their age, from ages 5 to 14. Survey respondents were more likely to say that black girls, compared to white girls, need less nurturing, less protection, to be supported less, to be comforted less, are more independent, know more about adult topics, and know more about sex. The researchers described this as the “adultification” of black girls.”
Black kids are way more likely to be punished in school than white kids, study finds

U know it’s a problem when even our own white ass federal government ADMITS IT! Lol.
K-12 Education: Discipline Disparities for Black Students, Boys, and Students with Disabilities

• Federal civil rights investigations have found that black students are punished more harshly than white students in schools even when black and white students engage in identical or similar behavior.
  • A study published in Sociology of Educationanalyzed a data set of more than 60,000 schools in more than 6,000 districts. It found that schools with relatively larger minority and poor populations are more likely to implement criminal justice-oriented disciplinary policies — such as suspensions, expulsions, police referrals, and arrests — and less likely to connect them to psychological or behavioral care.
The impact of racism in our education system can’t be denied. Kids aren’t robots and a lack of engaging content, plus racist inexperienced scary PAWG teachers equals...blk kids being removed from the educational setting disproportionately in comparison to their non-blk peers.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Math requires repetition and early introduction.
Same thing for reading comprehension.

Me and my siblings always blew these tests out of the water, same for the two adjacent Black families we went from elementary school to college with.

Parenting and systemic racism rule all.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Is every blk person that gets shot in America guilty or are we still at risk to get our heads blown off just for the color of our skin

Majority of blk kids getting these suspensions aren’t even doing anything. White teachers have been on record indicating their racial bias impacts discipline.

White teachers are scared of blk kids or have stereotypes of them. Johnny raping his peer or shooting up a school is a pat on the wrist. A blk student cracking a joke or rolling his/her eyes = 10 day suspension.

Black students in NYC get harsher suspensions for the same infractions

Data intersects with blk children unfairly misidentified as having learning disabilities.

“There is also good research showing the reality of racism in America. A 2014 study, for example, found that people generally view black boys as older and less innocent starting at the age of 10. “Children in most societies are considered to be in a distinct group with characteristics such as innocence and the need for protection,” Phillip Goff, an author of the 2014 study, said in a statement. “Our research found that black boys can be seen as responsible for their actions at an age when white boys still benefit from the assumption that children are essentially innocent.”

Another study released in 2017 produced similar results, finding that Americans overall view black girls as less innocent and more mature for their age, from ages 5 to 14. Survey respondents were more likely to say that black girls, compared to white girls, need less nurturing, less protection, to be supported less, to be comforted less, are more independent, know more about adult topics, and know more about sex. The researchers described this as the “adultification” of black girls.”
Black kids are way more likely to be punished in school than white kids, study finds

U know it’s a problem when even our own white ass federal government ADMITS IT! Lol.
K-12 Education: Discipline Disparities for Black Students, Boys, and Students with Disabilities

• Federal civil rights investigations have found that black students are punished more harshly than white students in schools even when black and white students engage in identical or similar behavior.
  • A study published in Sociology of Educationanalyzed a data set of more than 60,000 schools in more than 6,000 districts. It found that schools with relatively larger minority and poor populations are more likely to implement criminal justice-oriented disciplinary policies — such as suspensions, expulsions, police referrals, and arrests — and less likely to connect them to psychological or behavioral care.
The impact of racism in our education system can’t be denied. Kids aren’t robots and a lack of engaging content, plus racist inexperienced scary PAWG teachers equals...blk kids being removed from the educational setting disproportionately in comparison to their non-blk peers.
Breh I went to black schools K-12. I witnessed so much disrespect to teachers black and white. I’ve seen chairs thrown at teachers, they tires slashed, phones stolen

Them nikkas are disruptive to the mfs who wanna learn

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of it is cultural. African students excell in schools. As a dude who went to predominantly white and Asian elementary and middle schools. And a 99% black highschool.

In middle school they ALLOWED us to leave for lunch and come back by next period. It was great. the truancy rate would be through the roof if my had highschool allowed that.

1. Asian and white parents care more on average about their children doing well in school. Just see if you can attend a few PTA meetings and look at the attendance of the parents.

2. Being smart and getting good grades wasn't as "looked down upon" in the white and Asian schools. :yeshrug:

3. Poverty.(but even then we had some dirt poor asians in my middle school that lived in Lower East Side project housing that good excellent grades you could tell they were determined to make something of themselves) I'm talking coming to school with holes in their shoes poor.
1. Asian and White parents on average have a higher income, higher education, and much *better* education exposure, alongside cultural capital.
Many poor Whites and Asians were raised by educated parents and grandparents, and they themselves attended superior schools overall; even if they aren't high earning now they have the capabilities to provide the same educational opportunities to their children.

2. Being smart and getting good grades isn't :looked down upon" anywhere; and the same anti-intellectual strain that is in the US is worldwide.

3. Summer camps have been shown to play a massive role in education disparity, something you failed to note.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A large portion of black children dont see education as important it's simple as that. nikkas gonna run in here juelzing, acting hyperemotional and negging but it is what it is. If I just rewind back the clock 5 years I was still in HS in Brooklyn and the majority of nikkas either focused on sports thinking they were really gonna be the next Lebron, who was repping what set, who's from what hood, who's getting money from scamming etc. Mind you this was a mixed school but I would say it was 50% black and 50% other( white,asian, Arabs, Hispanic etc) but 90% of the top GPA's in our senior year belonged to non black students:francis:. And no it wasn't just my school it's like that all throughout brooklyn, all throughout nyc, and all throughout the country.

The culture needs a major change:yeshrug:.
Grew up with a lot of those kids, and many are in graduate school right now.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Read to your kids daily from an early age, starting before they can even speak.

Them hearing your pacing and vocal inflections, while following the words as you read, plays a major part in their reading development.

Then, once they can, have them read to you, gently correcting EVERY mistake, and slowing them down whenever they start to run sentences together, like kids tend to do.

Sit with your kids every day when they're doing their math homework, and be available when they have questions.

Especially from K to 3rd grade.

That's the ages where they develop their math skills and build their confidence.

There's really no excuse if you decide to be a parent.

If you're weak in math yourself, there's free basic math through calculus courses on EdX, to help you catch up and strengthen your own math skills.

I sit right here on my phone, cussing stupid nikkas out on the Coli daily, while my youngest daughter is doing her math homework right in front of me.

We're out here building the next great black generation.

If you're a selfish nikka, not built for that, and out here impregnating women, then sitting back playing 2k all day, keep your wack ass sperm to yourself.

Put it in a fukkin napkin and flush it, where it belongs.

Last edited:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
You got dudes in thread talmbout culture and crack era and rap music and school funding and crazy shyt like that being the reason that shyt is happening. :dead:

Nope. It is real straight forward. If parents don't stress the importance of school to the kids then the kids are just going to chill. If you had people like mine then your ass would have been too afraid not to study. :wow:

Exactly.

I'll tell you this.

A lot of parents care more about goin' all out for their child for prom or homecoming. Education is secondary to them, if that

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

It is. Only people who like the status quo now are people that think that its OK to pay teachers that low. We need higher paying teachers and get rid of standardized testing, cause standardized testing is a form of cruel and unsusal punishment, which is unconstitutional.

Overtested and lack flexibility in teaching styles = people tapping out of school, or frustrated parents home schooling their kids. End the high pressure testing, and students will thrive.

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
title of thread and article in OP don't really match...this is about so-cal. Still sad, but not surprising. For a lot of these kids school is JUST for socializing, actually trying to get an education is not important.

The reason why asian and white kids perform so well is because their parents make them.