Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one is saying low literacy rates in other countries isn't a cultural issue as well. If you look at a country like Nigeria, sure on the surface it has a low literacy rate, but if you break it down by ethnic groups/regions, the southern Igbos are extremely literate and wealthier than the northern Muslim fundamentalist groups. A culture that embraces education, values its importance is going to thrive.

African Americans are not broken down by what ethnic groups they are from. They are just called African Americans. So why would Nigerians be broken down by ethnic groups? They are just Nigerians.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I walked through a BD hood from a stone hood to get to school, and never got touched.

I found your principals year book picture
ce480cd355f54d4bbd528c6ac14c4868.jpg

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Thank you for giving a damn about your son. Like really digging into the issue to help him.

My parents never did the same for me and now I'm playing catch up. :wow:

Good looks.

I was fortunate enough to have experience as an educator before they tried to hit me with okie doke. Your parents were most likely fed a bunch of bs when they expected the real. I know my parents were getting fed a lot of nonsense when I was coming up

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
This is nonsense. If the kids don't learn respect at home, how the hell will they learn it at school?

Ya'll can't expect teachers to do EVERY DAMN THING.

True that, but if we're talking kids, I imagine they respect they parents or it's the belt

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
So i guess its ADOS's dream to marry whites and end the black race as we know it in America?

Interesting. This would explain the anti-african mindset.

Im sure you're hero's light skin kids will marry a bunch of white girls and live happily ever after huh? SMh
I didn't say that and your fakkit ass can't spell. California is its own thing u tourist leech. And you can sarcastically call him a "hero" all you want but he's done more collective GOOD for the Black race than you'll ever come close to see come out of whatever fukking tribe you paint your face for. :heh:

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It starts at home. School is a place to supplement your child’s education that they are receiving at home. Not the other way around.

I’ve never seen a kid who was being properly educated at home fail to succeed in school unless their were extreme circumstances involved.

Not enough emphasis on the realty of the home situation for kids that are failing.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Who else are we blaming? We're underperforming every other group.

There are a lot of undercover White Supremacist teachers and Anti-black teachers, who teach Black students and I have encountered them while I was in school

I went thought it while going to school in LA, the teachers taught you different, than the non-Black students and they also talked shyt to you.

I was lucky and went to college and became a process development engineer.

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
African Americans are not broken down by what ethnic groups they are from. They are just called African Americans. So why would Nigerians be broken down by ethnic groups? They are just Nigerians.
*America* is split into ethnic groups as well, each with their varying cultural values.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're confused.

One, those HBCU's were created during a DIFFERENT era, when black americans as a collective were focused on self improvement and has strong families. Unity was promoted and stressed.

Nowadays the culture in black american communities are no where near as unified and on-code as they were in the late 1800s/early 1900's when most of the universities were created.

Secondly, personal accountability sounds like a republican talking point. Is that something you learned during your maga rally/ados convention?

The reality is there was a time when education was highly respected in black society. Primarily right after slavery during reconstruction when black Americans were officially allowed to educate themselves and read. Anti-intellectualism in the black community didn't really become a thing until the late 70's unfortunately.

Instead of looking at a way to deflect towards African immigrants (who have high value of education, just lack of resources), tell us why education has been destressed and de-emphasized in ADOS households.

No you are confused. The culture that African Americans are in today was inherited from their ancestors. African Americans have been and continue to be on code, which is how we have elected a Black President and Senators and Representatives and Governors and Mayors, etc., etc. That is a direct continuation from the Civil Rights era, which arose up after Jim Crow. Jim Crow arose after slavery. So the culture is still the same, which is why African Americans vote as a bloc and honor HBCUs even if they never attended them.

Second of all personal responsibility and accountability ain't some damn talking point from Republicans. That has always been part of African American culture, because we know if we are going to do anything we are going to have to do it on our own selves; because the system sure the Hell was not designed for us. That is why our folks marched and fought.

Finally, education has not be de-stressed. Education is still stressed as exemplified by the rise in Black Charter schools, etc., etc. So that de-stressed shyt is your words. I pointed out that people need to take accountability and responsibility for their own shyt, which is a fact. You should stick to speaking on issues that you know, because African American issues ain't it.