Daps
full
Ok.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
@PhonZhi how could they be the ones with more "black pride" who "knew their enemy" but they were the ones fighting for integration/equality? :jbhmm:
Integration was a mistake. Obviously we know that now in hindsight. Not sure what you dont understand about racism being out in the "open/overt" back then to where its OBVIOUS to whos responsible for your plight. And you used the correct word "fighting". Like i said earlier , integration killed our fighting spirit:
integration KILLED our fighting spirit as a people.

Lots of blacks like you and @Mephistopheles think "everything is ok" and there's nothing left to fight for:ld:
:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Integration was a mistake. Obviously we know that now in hindsight. Not sure what you dont understand about racism being out in the "open/overt" back then to where its OBVIOUS to whos responsible for your plight. And you used the correct word "fighting". Like i said earlier , integration killed our fighting spirit:

Lots of blacks like you and @Mephistopheles think "everything is ok" and there's nothing left to fight for:ld:
:
Nah, don't squirm away from the question.

You claimed black people had more pride and knew who their enemy was.

If that was the case why did they fight to integrate with "the enemy"?

Where was their "black pride" when they were begging to be accepted into white society?

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I am not going to read this whole thread, but this is the kind of threads which tells me a majority of cacs post on this website, so I don't take anything posted here seriously.

White folk love statistics (:skip:)

Y'all realized there were segregated bathrooms right? and you could go miles upon miles upon miles where you would not find a "colored" bathroom.

White folk wouldn't allow black children to drink out of their fountains even though it gets hot as fukk in the south. And when the plumbing in the "colored" bathrooms goes down, do you think white folk were quick to fix it?

This whole thread gets negative stars.

:camby:

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
I think it really comes down to this:

Would you rather be severely oppressed and living the daily struggle of abject 3rd world level poverty and overt, violent, racism, with the benefit of a majority of people knowing that shyt HAS to change (I guess)

OR would you rather live a much better life in almost every way in 2016 (even though it's still not ideal), with the cost of having some people be colorblind and not invested in pushing more change.

Cost-benefit analysis :ld:

I do get the fear that dwelling on how far black folks have come can obscure the fact that there's a long way to go. But it's factually incorrect by any metric to deny the progress made.

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
Old nikkas sold us out, just to be able to eat in the white man's restaurants, go to their schools, use the same restrooms etc

"Equal" doesn't mean sharing what you own with us. Truly equal would be black men having our own factories, restaurants,schools, grocery stores, etc. A lot of ppl didn't understand what equal is

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Old nikkas sold us out, just to be able to eat in the white man's restaurants, go to their schools, use the same restrooms etc

"Equal" doesn't mean sharing what you own with us. Truly equal would be black men having our own factories, restaurants,schools, grocery stores, etc. A lot of ppl didn't understand what equal is

This is a perfect example of that smart dumb nikka shyt

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
My point is you touted Black Wall Street as an example of how good pre-integration black life while completely ignoring that it got burned to ground in a mass slaughter of its residents by racist whites. :dead:
One interesting thing to note was that its reconstruction was stopped because many of the black businessmen in that area also sold their businesses and left after integration.

Last edited:

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
I don't know one single person who has ever claimed that blacks had a higher standard of living prior to the 1960s. What people usually claim is that the black family unit was better off prior to the 1960s based on illegitimacy/marriage data collected prior to that decade.

Last edited:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
integration yes indeed did fukk up the black mindset. I think THATS what people moreso is alluding to. Pre-integration, this was a reality:

blackwallstreet2.jpg

Black people KNEW who their enemy/oppressors were. Black people KNEW that the only people they could rely on were other black people. Today, not so much. Integration into white society and white education drained us of our racial pride and knowledge of self. If "change" ever happens, an increase in those 2 areas must occur. Knowledge of self and past history will bring about an increase in our own racial pride which will bring about a more unified "black community".

Hell, many posters believe that there is no black community today. That is a direct result of integration.
Racial pride was not prevalent in our community in the time of segregation. If you ever read a book from Dubois or watch a documentary about Garvey, both of them had detailed the lack of confidence, consciousness, and pride in heritage that negroes had in the past. We all should know the history on how COLORISM was the great divider : lightskin vs. darkskin. The wealthy blacks would have stay in their communities and rebuild their neighborhood with innovative plans if they had racial pride. Integration shouldn't have been an excuse for them to ditch their own people to live next to white people.