Black people, do we need sunscreen?

Daps
It does. Sun damage is the biggest cause of aging. Why do you think its white people in their late thirties who look haggard and our grandmas look old, but have generally radiant skin. Melanin is a amazing breh

But you're talking about White people again right.

Aging for them is different from aging for us, meaning their skin tends to wrinkle while ours does not and that's independent of the sun.

I mean have you noticed that sunscreen isn't even marketed to black people?

All these anti-wrinkle creams are really either because wrinkling not really a black person issue.

Now discoloration, skin tags (dermatosis papulosa nigra), things like that are aging issues for black people's skin.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
But you're talking about White people again right.

Aging for them is different from aging for us, meaning their skin tends to wrinkle while ours does not and that's independent of the sun.

I mean have you noticed that sunscreen isn't even marketed to black people?

All these anti-wrinkle creams are really either because wrinkling not really a black person issue.

Now discoloration, skin tags (dermatosis papulosa nigra), things like that are aging issues for black people's skin.
Discoloration usually comes from acne scarring not the sun. I could go out in thr sun all day Im not going to sprout freckles. And your kind of wrong. Black people can def wrinkle. But that cracked, dry skin is indicativof cac genes. The Difference between white and black skin isnt terribly apparent until old age. From thr facials ive given most have been old ass white women and they usually have some hilariously bad skin compared to the few older black women Ive done. Just just not built like us from a genetic level :yeshrug:

They age different I guess but the sun has no favorites they just ill equipped to box with him

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
So much misinformation in this thread it's not even funny. We are not super humans, we are not invincible. I don't spend much time in the sun and I am not vitamin d deficient. There are other sources of vitamin d other than the sun.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
So much misinformation in this thread it's not even funny. We are not super humans, we are not invincible. I don't spend much time in the sun and I am not vitamin d deficient. There are other sources of vitamin d other than the sun.
I would never tell a nikka to go sunbathing and testing the universe or whatever but as far as just normal sun exposure we usually gucci. My whole life is skin care, Im not just spouting off bs here

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
what are your levels? sun or d3 supplementation are the only options to keep them where they need to be.

Last edited:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Maybe The Coli just has a lot of light skins or mulattos. I've never had a problem with the sun and skin in my life. :yeshrug:

sun burn isn't the only skin condition....you say this but who knows how fukked up your skin age and tone looks.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Sunscreen should be used by Darked Skinned people who produce too much melatin, and end up developing severe hyperpigmentation. Black women can also develop melasma so in such cases its needed.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Light skinned cats gonna end up looking like Rudolph listening to heads in here.

I only use sunscreen if I'm going to be in the sun all day and it's above 90. Outside of that I'm good.

However, you gotta know where you fit in the spectrum.