Black people, do we need sunscreen?

Daps
Reppin
Baton Rouge, LA
In the states I've never gotten sunburn before. I went to Jamacia and got COOKED. Sunburn all on my arms and back. You might be able to get away with no sunscreen in the states, but the closer you get to that equator to more intense those UV rays are. Like a few others have said, if I'm outside especially in this Louisiana summer sun for a few hours, I'll apply some sunscreen.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yes. My skin is darker than it was when I was a kid because I used to stay outside all day in the summer and never wore sunscreen
You got a permanent tan?

My skin is lighter than it was when i was a kid, because as a kid i was out in the sun all day, and now i'm not.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't really do summer activities but there's a lot of sun where I'm at. I was using a SPF 30 for a while. Now I use a SPF 50

Daps
Only time I wear sunscreen is if I'm going to the beach all day, shirtless.

Only time I ever got burnt is laying out in the sun (Florida) for about 6 hrs. Just my swim trunks. Didn't hurt but I peeled a lot and used aloe gel to fix it.

Pale skin only needs 15 mins/day of sun exposure for Vitamin D. Dark skin needs 5x that amount.