Black people, do we need sunscreen?

Daps
I use sun screen. Its the best way to 1) prevent my hyper pigmentation from darken further and 2) it's easy anti-aging and I want to age like fine wine. I already got good genetics, my mom looks young as hell. But sunscreen will slow down skin aging even further. I'm going to be the baddest cougar :banderas:. Keeping fit, eat well, stay mentally healthy, and good skin care will keep all black people preserved like a vampire:ufdup:. I'm 22 and use eye cream :ehh:

What makes you think it's the sun that causes aging?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Real black folks don't need sunscreen. :dead:

In fact we don't get enough sun.

We literally are sick cause of it in America.

Let a cac tell you a real black man can't stand in the sun, brehs:dead:

:dead::dead:

Like I said many of my (white) doctors will never stop telling me how black skin is so more "advanced" than their "Irish" pale skin.:russ:

There is no educated white person that is telling darker skinned people that they need as much sun screen as them, only insesue white people
and light skin nikkas who are jealous.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also one thing to consider, a lot of black folks put on body lotion not realizing that those lotions themselves sometimes have SPF protection properties in themselves. Some folks might be putting on some form of sunscreen without even knowing it

Same here. I used to be outside ALL the time as a kid and teen growing up and never put on protection and never got burned. I only had my first and only sunburn as an adult at the water park like I said above. I wonder if age affects it at all...
The chlorine in the water breh. Black skin don't burn. It's the lotions burning your skin most the time. A real black person is impossible to burn. Don't let a these light brights in here fool you. :mjlol:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EXACTLY!! and then when you go to the doctors you're diagnosed with having a low vitamin D count. What works for whites doesnt work for us. Dont use sunscreen but dont be out in the sun all day either.
White people have y'all souls :bryan:

Your so wrong it's scary. In fact if you live in North America you need as much sun as you can get we not suppose to experience winter. We need to be outside as much as possible.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
White people have y'all souls :bryan:

Your so wrong it's scary. In fact if you live in North America you need as much sun as you can get we not suppose to experience winter. We need to be outside as much as possible.
Being outside in the sun for long periods of time can cause damaging effects, dehydration being a big one. A good number of people are already dehydrated and dont realize it. Nothing to do with skin cancer or none of that shyt.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being outside in the sun for long periods of time can cause damaging effects, dehydration being a big one. A good number of people are already dehydrated and dont realize it. Nothing to do with skin cancer or none of that shyt.
that's their dumb fault for not taking a few minutes to drink water.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
The sun doesn't hate us :blessed:

yes it does, we have lower levels of skin cancer and old age wrinkles due to our melanin but we are immune to it and if you're out in the sun for extended periods you should always wear sunscreen.

if you want less hyperpigmentation you should also where sunscreen and it's a must if you're exfoliating your skin naturally or chemically.