Black people, do we need sunscreen?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I heard like 2/3 of Australians get skin cancer in their life.

I wonder how the Tanzmanians managed to live there without any problems :mjpls:

tumblr_mj0sqfXYEn1s5pjs6o1_540.jpg

Last edited:

Deutsche Bank

Some Of My Partners Dope Fiends Ha
Daps
Reppin
Hookers & Blow
Didn't think so till mah freshman year of college. Went to Miami for spring break and was layed out chillin on da beach for hours.

Gettin ready to go to da club and err time I touched mah shouldas da shyt was sore and stung a bit. Next aftanoon I started peelin a lil and got freaked out.

Quickly realized I got got. Wasnt bad but shyt wierded me out because i didnt think black folks could get sunburn.

Tales of a red nikka. :francis:
I only got sunburned twice, which didn't make sense cause I used to be out in the sun all the time. It didn't hurt, it just felt like I had a dried facial mask on.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Also one thing to consider, a lot of black folks put on body lotion not realizing that those lotions themselves sometimes have SPF protection properties in themselves. Some folks might be putting on some form of sunscreen without even knowing it
I only got sunburned twice, which didn't make sense cause I used to be out in the sun all the time. It didn't hurt, it just felt like I had a dried facial mask on.
Same here. I used to be outside ALL the time as a kid and teen growing up and never put on protection and never got burned. I only had my first and only sunburn as an adult at the water park like I said above. I wonder if age affects it at all...

Deutsche Bank

Some Of My Partners Dope Fiends Ha
Daps
Reppin
Hookers & Blow
Naturally we don't. But I think the problem some have when they are black and say they do need it . I think over here as compared to our brothers and sisters in thee motherland. We use a lot of chemicals on our bodies lotions, oils, colognes, perfumes that causes a chemical reaction that may not be conducive for the sun. A lot of these products are not designed for Hue-mans.:mjpls:
If you look at a lot of those pictures of the Africans they can be dirt poor yet have the whitest teeth and smoothest clearest skin? Without all the expensive chemicals and cosmetics and teeth whitening products we have here? Makes you think:jbhmm:
I get acne if I don't get enough sun.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
From a licensed esthetician...not really. The reason white people generally look like shyt as they age is because the sun accounts for something like 90% of skin damage :wow: obviously us having much more melanin protects us from a lot of the ill effects of the sun. Even if you are like curry color you are vastly more built to defend the wear and tear of the sun. I mean you can use sunscreen but for most black people its really not going to do much. We can still get melanoma don't get me wrong but this shyt is incredibly rare.

TLDR; more than likely you don't need to wear sunscreen daily if you have some melanin

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
My whole family from Jamaica and I've never seen anyone use sunscreen ever. No skin cancer and no wrinkles :blessed:

:jawalrus:

Never used sunscreen myself and never got sunburned. I've been to beaches in Haiti, been to Miami and even spent almost a whole day out with the homies and fam in Panama City Beach and still didn't get burnt.

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
I use sun screen. Its the best way to 1) prevent my hyper pigmentation from darken further and 2) it's easy anti-aging and I want to age like fine wine. I already got good genetics, my mom looks young as hell. But sunscreen will slow down skin aging even further. I'm going to be the baddest cougar :banderas:. Keeping fit, eat well, stay mentally healthy, and good skin care will keep all black people preserved like a vampire:ufdup:. I'm 22 and use eye cream :ehh:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan

Yeah i neva experienced it until dat one day. :francis:

But I was out in dat hot Miami sun on da beach dayum near all fukkin mornin till mid afternoon. No umbrella, nothin. :manny:

Just layin down chillin. Then like I said, I noticed da soreness then da lil bit of peelin da day or so aftawards. Wasn't a lot but da shyt still caught me off guard.

Daps
For those who don't mind reading
Could Human Photosynthesis power the future?

Chlorella
Spirulina
Blue algae
Chaga
Mushrooms
Kale
Amaranth
Cabbage
Seaweed

what-foods-stimulate-melanin-production.jpg

diet_for_tanning.jpg
Thanks for this!

Hell no you don't need sunscreen.

Chemical laden cream smoothed over your skin to protect you from nature.

And I'm a Black person who has burned in the sun saying this.

Vitamin D is much more necessary. It's a hormone that powers every process in your body that can only be gotten from the sun and what black people need more than anyone.