Black people, do we need sunscreen?

N711oir

All Star
Daps
Naturally we don't. But I think the problem some have when they are black and say they do need it . I think over here as compared to our brothers and sisters in thee motherland. We use a lot of chemicals on our bodies lotions, oils, colognes, perfumes that causes a chemical reaction that may not be conducive for the sun. A lot of these products are not designed for Hue-mans.:mjpls:
If you look at a lot of those pictures of the Africans they can be dirt poor yet have the whitest teeth and smoothest clearest skin? Without all the expensive chemicals and cosmetics and teeth whitening products we have here? Makes you think:jbhmm:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I started putting it on about 3 yrs ago. I would get crazy tans and have my skin peeling off like a damn snake sometimes.. My arms are two toned in the summer. Forearms get pretty dark I got about 3 shades darker when I went to Colombia. I think I have thin layer of skin though. I used to have reaction to a lot of things. As I've gotten older I learned (with no damn help from the doctors) what and what-not to rub on my skin. I'm an outdoor type of person and I go to a loooot of outdoor concerts in the summer, so I gotta be prepared.

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
Yes we do!
:usure:

I didn't use to wear it because I thought we didn't. I got sun burned on the back of my shoulders and it was gray for months until I exfoliated it off. My face got sun damaged because I didn't wear sunscreen. It would stay tan and shiny like a penny while the rest of my body loss it's tan during the winter. I had to go to a derm. to get it back to it's regular color. Retin a and chemical peels :blessed:
:stopitslime:

U sound like you're barely blk....

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Argued with my boyfriend about whether black people needed sunscreen in CVS. Went swimming for hours in the ocean and his face started peeling. One of the rare times I've been wrong.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
You don't need it because you ARE a cancer....

Malignant....
C3CE2.png