Black People Are Too Obsessed With Brands

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
The richest muthafukkas in the room be the ones rocking basic, no-logo shyt. Granted some of the shyt might be expensive it doesnt scream HEY LOOK AT ME IM WEARING A $200 VERSACE SHIRT. shyt I know a guy that drives a Bentley that just throws on a $35 Polo t-shirt on most occasions. I think once you reach a certain level of success that need to express yourself through brand names diminishes. Those who are successful mainly express themselves through cars, watches, property, etc. shyt that actually reveals social status. My nikkas, stressing your bank account to buy a designer belt or Versace shirt isnt the move. It screams new wanna be money. It screams insecurity. You can be the flyest muthafukka in the room with no brand names. thats all. end rant.
We need to stop parroting this bullshyt that poo-poos on Black money.

As if we should be out here in rags or some shyt. Get the fukk outta here.

AntiHero

Long time lurker
Daps
cause i hate nikkas that watch my pockets

i cant stand nikkas who walk around askin me how much my car cost

askin me how much my belt cost

wondering how i could afford all the shyt i got

worrying bout my financial state

thats broke nikka shyt

Point proven :russ:.

A belt is used to hold your pants up, what do i look like buying a belt just because of it's logo :why:?

http://nikkasbelike.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/d6439f8065ea11e2ba8122000a1f9262_7.jpg

AntiHero

Long time lurker
Daps
I went to an all black school in Detroit. I don't know how much has changed but back when I was in high school, I would get clowned if I didn't wear name brands like Guess, Versace, or designer shoes. It didn't bother me much since I was used to it but it did get to other people. I remember a girl in my class that ran away from home because her mom wouldn't buy her some Guess jeans. She refused to go to school in no name jeans and risk being clowned. I have cousins in Mobile and they went to a mixed school. They would wear wranglers jeans from Target and nobody would care.

So much real life :ohhh:.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol at this shyt. What kind of argument is this

I'm going to rant about some shyt based on a generalization that has no factual backing at all.

:laff:

Another lame in here blaming women for shyt.
I see I hit a nerve. Just man up, and things will get better.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So college nikkas in detroit can afford Versace? :bryan:

nikka stop it. Detroit is one of the brokest cities in america.

Yall just tellin on yourself. with these clear agendas

This was back in the 90's in high school. Also, there are a lot of hood rich cats that sold dope and could actually afford to dress like that.

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit

maybe some people just love name brands.like the people who spend they money on drugs or cars or whatever you spend your money.like jay said "CAN THEY LIVE"

TrillSwag

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was back in the 90's in high school. Also, there are a lot of hood rich cats that sold dope and could actually afford to dress like that.
Dope Dealer at night, Full time student during the day :lolbron:

And even if there was a couple dope dealers. Having enough money to wear not wear versace clothing would never be clown status. Its still detroit. which means the other 97% who didnt sell drugs were coming to school in hand me down clothes and shyt :bryan:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The richest muthafukkas in the room be the ones rocking basic, no-logo shyt. Granted some of the shyt might be expensive it doesnt scream HEY LOOK AT ME IM WEARING A $200 VERSACE SHIRT. shyt I know a guy that drives a Bentley that just throws on a $35 Polo t-shirt on most occasions. I think once you reach a certain level of success that need to express yourself through brand names diminishes. Those who are successful mainly express themselves through cars, watches, property, etc. shyt that actually reveals social status. My nikkas, stressing your bank account to buy a designer belt or Versace shirt isnt the move. It screams new wanna be money. It screams insecurity. You can be the flyest muthafukka in the room with no brand names. thats all. end rant.
Zero disrespect; but, if you don't understand why, the-coli isn't the first place to have that discussion.

Those Keanu-Reeves-taped-up-sneakers-while-making-a-8-figure-salary-types don't come up around a lot of our people. But, the Bishop Don Juans do...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
eh you got one life to live, if someone is happy spending their money on clothes then so be it.

and stop with that but white people business, most white people are living off generational hand me down wealth, insurance policies etc.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Why shouldn't the people spend the money they worked for on whatever they want to spend it on?

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Dope Dealer at night, Full time student during the day :lolbron:

And even if there was a couple dope dealers. Having enough money to wear not wear versace clothing would never be clown status. Its still detroit. which means the other 97% who didnt sell drugs were coming to school in hand me down clothes and shyt :bryan:
nikka you crazy no matter how broke this city is we the home of hustlers.dont speak on shyt you don't know about my city please how about you come see what we wearing

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
Thats kinda the point.

A lot of nikkas spending rent money on a goddamn belt.

You know DAMN well most of these hood dudes ain't THAT caked up.

300 is a lot of money?

lol 300 dollars son?

and a lot of hood nikkas got money in the shoe box

thats a whole other topic

nikka if u want a designer belt drop 50 dollars in the kitty every week and u got one in a month

And that's the problem. You're a follower. Louie don't pay bills, shyt bag. Polo don't get you into college, dikk face. Learn how to invest your money instead of spending it on fukkery, you dumb fukka you.

im a follower? :leon:

i also have more money than you

i also support my self and havent depended on my parents since 17

i also have more money in my back account than you

i also drive a better car than you

i also have more sneakers than you

i also have better clothes than you

basically want im saying....is that my life is better than you

fukk investing money. im stackin this bread. fukkin these bytches and blowing this shyt

read my sig...

"When I die, here's something to remember me by. They won't forget me,
nikkaz gonna remember I'm fly.
Remember I had cars that I didn't even drive and I was living it up, not tryna survive!"

-Stack Bundles