Why does the Black community depreciate Black clothing brands while putting white clothing brands on a pedestal?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
A lot of these designers don't grow that's the issue, they're stuck with one design or phase that only caters to hiphop street wear. Most of them cac brands are just upscale brands you listed. So they don't have street wear audiences

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Simple.

Misappropriation
White people co-opted everything that had soul about those lines.
Or they were made by a c00n and only a matter of time.

Art Barr

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
A lot of Black people are trendy followers.

Philly trends were damn near a uniform when I was a kid. Everybody walking around, looking exactly the same and if you didn’t, you would get clowned for it :huhldup:

NY, too back in the early 00s.

Everyone rocking the same Sean John/Rocawear clothing, same Jordan's, same fitted caps and colors. It was a nightmare.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Gucci and Prada are high end luxury brands that will never go away. Polo and similar are more casual wear(and there’s arguments that those aren’t in style as evidence by that viral aint i fresh whattaburget video) What an awful comparison. And like posted before, there at plenty of cac street wear brands that are dead. Ed Hardy, Christian Audiger, Von Dutch, palm angels, etc. Off white, FOG, Denin tears still popular. Most of those old early 2000 brands also got sold to big cac conglomerates is something you also didn’t mention.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Gucci and Prada are high end luxury brands that will never go away. Polo and similar are more casual wear(and there’s arguments that those aren’t in style as evidence by that viral aint i fresh whattaburget video) What an awful comparison. And like posted before, there at plenty of cac street wear brands that are dead. Ed Hardy, Christian Audiger, Von Dutch, palm angels, etc. Off white, FOG, Denin tears still popular. Most of those old early 2000 brands also got sold to big cac conglomerates is something you also didn’t mention.

These are not, and never were streetwear.... It was literally clothing for burnt out white dudes from the 80's who thought they still had it...and hip hop just adopted it during it's "rock star" era...then quickly bushed it.

Nobody wants to really address that a huge part of marketing your brand should not be shaming people into buying your brand....nor should you try to anchor on price points solely because a well respected brand does it...... That's borderline panhandling.