Black Panther, a series about a powerful black man is now being turned into a black female, queer, trans, Twitter blue tick come to life

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
It's a superhero movie owned by Disney, if BP 2 was still about T'Challa, you'd happily be giving those cacs your money

I never needed superheros or cartoons to feel any kind of racial pride, learning actual Black history did, get a fukking grip

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
A lot of you starting to be and sound just like cacs.

Everything that's not “traditional/status quo” gets y'all rattled up and aggravated.

Whether it be because of people fighting for social justice, fighting for their civil rights, fighting to be who they are as a person, fighting to just be fighting rather than giving up, etc, etc.

People fighting for their rights and to be who they are doesn't bother me even if I don't agree with their reasonings.

Last edited:

TreySav

D-Block General
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Exactly a white owned company. It's their shyt.

Dude, even if this was made in a black owned studio, you still have to drive on white roads to get your product to the global market. And that means getting their input on how the final product looks. You’re making it seem like all we gotta do is build a simple studio, but it’s far more complicated than just that. Do you have hundreds of millions of dollars in resources, infrastructure, and networks to risk trying to do this shyt? You’d be bankrupt in a year like the long list of black men (and it is a long list by the way) who’ve attempted this

Hopefully Tyler becomes the first one to actually pull it off

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
fictional stories... wether inspired by real panthers or not.

doesn't make them our story they "feature" us.

Fictional stories are stories.

You're partly right tho. They are not our stories because we did not produce/create them.

HOWEVER, stories about us are also our stories, since they talk about us. Black Panther don't just feature black people, it's centered around black people. It's a story about black people. It's the main reason why black people around the world identified with it. They play the role stories produced by ourselves should play.

This dichotomy between the author and the subject have been a problem for centuries now. Other people are telling and controlling stories about us.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
A lot of you starting to be and sound just like cacs.

Everything that's not “traditional/status quo” gets y'all rattled up and aggravated.

Whether it be because of people fighting for social justice, fighting for their civil rights, fighting to be who they are as a person, fighting to just be fighting rather than giving up, etc, etc.

People fighting for their rights and to be who they are doesn't bother me even if I don't agree with their reasonings.
There’s a lot of high functioning brothers on the spectrum here. It’s the only way I can explain it. Who wakes up on a Saturday to start bytching about this stuff :mjlol:? As if Disney planned Chadwick’s death.