Black Panther, a series about a powerful black man is now being turned into a black female, queer, trans, Twitter blue tick come to life

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
So if you are a black male and don't like what they are doing with this Black Panther sequel:

You are not a black male
You hate black women
You are gay
You haven't read the comics
You take fictional movies too seriously
You hate sea Mexicans
or
You need to see the movie first and if you still don't like it then the things above will apply

Did I get that right?

Agree with a few posters in here that stated Black Adam was good and the actor that played Hawkman deserves a solo film.

Breh I remember before the first Black Panther came out, people were trying to shyt on the movie also, making up all kinds of stuff. "Oh this ain't gonna do nothing for black folks" Mofos just love misery. People are STILL acting like the movies have to mirror the comics 1:1. Marvel knows the majority of people watching the movie aren't reading the comics.

Karume

All Star
Daps
Should've just recast :yeshrug:

They didn't and went with Shuri. Dora Milage been on lgbt tip. Hopefully they recast for the next or use the multiverse to introduce another Tchalla :yeshrug:
I dont think they should ever recast. I'd rather see his seed take up the mantle personally.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think they should ever recast. I'd rather see his seed take up the mantle personally.

This is a dumb and emotional take. One that both family members and cast crew already said is not what Chadwick would have wanted. Depriving fans, including black children, of a character that didn't have a chance to grow because the actor playing them died is a dumb, selfish, self gratuitous decision.

MCU Tchalla has no kid and was pretty much in the first steps of his journey as leader/king. To randomly introduce an offspring and say "oh yeah, he's ready to take up the mantle" would be moronic. All cause nikkas is too emotional - and don't want to move on

Karume

All Star
Daps
This is a dumb and emotional take. One that both family members and cast crew already said is not what Chadwick would have wanted. Depriving fans, including black children, of a character that didn't have a chance to grow because the actor playing them died is a dumb, selfish, self gratuitous decision.

MCU Tchalla has no kid and was pretty much in the first steps of his journey as leader/king. To randomly introduce an offspring and say "oh yeah, he's ready to take up the mantle" would be moronic. All cause nikkas is too emotional - and don't want to move on
there is no way to have an unemotional take. having a child take over the mantle doesnt deprive black children of anything. how in the world is that selfish, dumb or self-gratuitous?

Notice if you will that I said what I would rather see, not what they SHOULD do. Obviously, unless they are already going that route with this film, my idea wouldn't work.

Karume

All Star
Daps
nikka Black Panther been around since 1966. So damn straight 2008 is recent. Especially when telling a story.
perhaps I misunderstood your point since it remains that shuri had taken the mantle temporarily before.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there is no way to have an unemotional take. having a child take over the mantle doesnt deprive black children of anything. how in the world is that selfish, dumb or self-gratuitous?

Notice if you will that I said what I would rather see, not what they SHOULD do. Obviously, unless they are already going that route with this film, my idea wouldn't work.

It deprives them of the character of T'challa - you know, king of wakanda, black panther etc. Again, that character, which is an anchor and focal point for many a story told about Wakanda, was still in its infancy in the MCU. His character arc wasn't even explored. He was meant to be one of the leads of the next MCU phase.

It is dumb, selfish and self gratuitous because it serves no purpose other than make you feel good about yourself. There's no practicality to not recasting the character. Again, it would be moronic to pull a kid out of nowhere and have them take up the mantle. They'd have to introduce time-skips for this to happen but then, everybody and everything else would remain the same, all just to circumvent recasting T'challa.

You just want to feel good about yourself and pat yourself on the back about the supposed way you're grieving/honoring his passing. It's not the wishes of the actor, his surviving family and it certainly isn't for the benefit of story telling.

Karume

All Star
Daps
It deprives them of the character of T'challa - you know, king of wakanda, black panther etc. Again, that character, which is an anchor and focal point for many a story told about Wakanda, was still in its infancy in the MCU. His character arc wasn't even explored. He was meant to be one of the leads of the next MCU phase.

It is dumb, selfish and self gratuitous because it serves no purpose other than make you feel good about yourself. There's no practicality to not recasting the character. Again, it would be moronic to pull a kid out of nowhere and have them take up the mantle. They'd have to introduce time-skips for this to happen but then, everybody and everything else would remain the same, all just to circumvent recasting T'challa.

You just want to feel good about yourself and pat yourself on the back about the supposed way you're grieving/honoring his passing. It's not the wishes of the actor, his surviving family and it certainly isn't for the benefit of story telling.
how does it make me feel good about myself? My self worth and/or identity isnt tied into this issue.

Either choice isnt significantly more practical than the other. however if the seed(pun intended) for my idea hasnt been planted in this movie then of course the pendulum swings to recasting which I have no problem with.

curious that the one who claims that others are emotional seems so invested.........

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
After seeing Black Adam I'm more certain than ever Aldis would have been the perfect replacement to play T'Challa. I hope Hawk Man gets his own movie. With that being said I'll fully support Shuri as the new Black Panther. This clip pulled me in.

Hell nah
Glad yall don't get to do casting

QBN

All Star
Daps
:russell:It's tiring at this point. Just don't watch it if you don't like what they offered. For those who want to see it, cool. I'll watch it....for free when it streams or leaks. Btw Shuri became Black Panther in the comics for a relatively short period of time, but it went back to T'Challa (who never died in the comics, but was badly injured at one point). I figure they have to re-cast T'Challa in the future, but what's done is done.