Black Panther, a series about a powerful black man is now being turned into a black female, queer, trans, Twitter blue tick come to life

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how does it make me feel good about myself? My self worth and/or identity isnt tied into this issue.

Either choice isnt significantly more practical than the other. however if the seed(pun intended) for my idea hasnt been planted in this movie then of course the pendulum swings to recasting which I have no problem with.

curious that the one who claims that others are emotional seems so invested.........

You're an idiot :laff:

I'm not invested. I made a post in the first page and exited the thread. I've only returned because you quoted me and I've replied to your posts. Now, like a hoe - you're pivoting and trying to find ways of moving goal posts. "significantly more practical", "seems so invested". How you quote a person and try to pass it off as they're invested in this when they respond to you?

dikkhead thinks not recasting a character and holding it hostage because the actor who played it died, is some sort of grand gesture :mjlol:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I’m convinced y’all can’t be black. Otherwise you wouldn’t complain so much about black women being shown in a dope light because you would have a black mother, black daughters, black sisters, black aunts, black cousins and black friends.

That's not the issue, the issue is the Black man is emasculated while alphabet groups get their shine due to the death of Chadwick/T'Challa.

Black Man's death/life is a stepping stone for shea butters and hiv+ crew...

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
So if you are a black male and don't like what they are doing with this Black Panther sequel:

You are not a black male
You hate black women
You are gay
You haven't read the comics
You take fictional movies too seriously
You hate sea Mexicans
or
You need to see the movie first and if you still don't like it then the things above will apply

Did I get that right?

Agree with a few posters in here that stated Black Adam was good and the actor that played Hawkman deserves a solo film.
All of these goofys get those straight from twitter spaces

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Y’all don’t think they replaced him with his sister because the actual actor died . Wtf! Lol. I look at it as them paying tribute to him. Waaay different if he was still here with us.
Son. The character is BIGGER than the actor. That’s the point. I know black WOMEN in real life that don’t fukk wit this move. My wife being one of em. This is like spitting in the people who are legit fans of the comic and character’s faces.

Karume

All Star
Daps
You're an idiot :laff:

I'm not invested. I made a post in the first page and exited the thread. I've only returned because you quoted me and I've replied to your posts. Now, like a hoe - you're pivoting and trying to find ways of moving goal posts. "significantly more practical", "seems so invested". How you quote a person and try to pass it off as they're invested in this when they respond to you?

dikkhead thinks not recasting a character and holding it hostage because the actor who played it died, is some sort of grand gesture :mjlol:
The language used in your responses suggests otherwise.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Y’all let this ship sail when everyone was acting like it was blasphemy to consider replacing Boseman, and yes, that was a large crowd when he died. I didn’t understand how people could take that position…and now we got this. That said, there have been 350 threads on here about this shyt, you knew what it was for like a year now, don’t see it and stfu :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
If they weren't gonna recast, shouldn't have made the movie point blank. I'm not even a major BP fan, but he was being set up to lead this phase of the MCU and in my opinion the MCU is in disarray because he's not around.

Imagine Tom Holland dying after Homecoming or Robert Downey Jr. dying after Avengers. Disney sure as hell would've recast. I feel for the cast and their connection to Boseman, but they know damn well Chadwick would've wanted the character to continue. Shuri even eventually could've taken the mantle, but make the arc make sense.

Last edited:

Karume

All Star
Daps
If they weren't gonna recast, shouldn't have made the movie point blank. I'm not even a major BP fan, but he was being set up to lead this phase of the MCU and in my opinion the MCU is in disarray because he's not around.

Imagine Tom Holland dying after Homecoming or Robert Downey Jr. dying after Avengers. Disney sure as hell would've recast. I feel for the cast and their connection to Boseman, but they know damn well Chadwick would've wanted the character to continue. Sharing even eventually could've taken the mantle, but make the arc make sense.
I disagree. It makes sense to me that if you are going to recast to do it the third movie.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m convinced y’all can’t be black. Otherwise you wouldn’t complain so much about black women being shown in a dope light because you would have a black mother, black daughters, black sisters, black aunts, black cousins and black friends.
This nikka just pulled out a new and improved revamped edition of "Yo mama black" :dead: :dead::dead::dead:

He even went 4D galaxy meta with it on some "Yo mama WOULD be black:mjpls:":dead::dead::dead:

The shaming tactics need upgrades:mjlol:

Last edited:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Black Panther was made by a white man

Because Black comic creators in the 1960's and 70's didn't want to have anything to do with Africa. Which says something.

And now that it's the 21st Century they can come up with their own Black fantasy countries/empires and they still don't seem to have much interest in it. Which is their fault. And no one else's.

Karume

All Star
Daps
How are they going to recast and he's officially dead? You're making less and less sense as the thread goes on.
You must struggle reading. I would prefer a child take the mantle. However if that doesn't happen then they could bring in a multiversal T'Challa. Which is of course different than a straight recast.