Black Panther, a series about a powerful black man is now being turned into a black female, queer, trans, Twitter blue tick come to life

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
You must struggle reading. I would prefer a child take the mantle. However if that doesn't happen then they could bring in a multiversal T'Challa. Which is of course different than a straight recast.
Are you changing the meaning of the word recast now?

Bruh just stop. You said "recast for the third movie". Those would be 2 different characters, not a "recast"; which is even sloppier writing; he had no son in this universe unless part 2 is changing that and waving the multiverse card everytime you get stuck is bad writing.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Expect black Panther to get 10/10s across the board as it ticks every box they like. Anti black male, pro black female, lgbtq, trans. Their ideal world

I'm confused because the first Black Panther, which posters are representing as the incomparably ideal Black male lead and with zero "LGBTQ" or "trans" content, has damn near a 100% Rotten Tomatoes rating. But now if the second Black Panther gets similar rating, it proves some sort of agenda?

And this constant bytching driven by the idea that only Black men face racism but Black women are some sort of privileged, advantaged class is pathetic.

I’m convinced y’all can’t be black. Otherwise you wouldn’t complain so much about black women being shown in a dope light because you would have a black mother, black daughters, black sisters, black aunts, black cousins and black friends.
:mjlol:Nobody’s mad that black women are getting some shine. Dudes are mad because Marvel. Literally made a Black Panther movie without T’challa. A movie that involves Namor, and a possible Doom cameo lol. Plenty of comic book heads, wanted to see Shuri in the BP costume. But wearing it fighting, alone side her brother.

Don't play stupid. They did it because Chadwick is literally dead in real life, otherwise there is zero chance they would have made it without Chadwick. You might have noticed that Chadwick Boseman, Samuel L. Jackson, Don Cheadle, Jonathan Majors, Mahershala Ali, and Anthony Mackie are ALL straight black marvel superheroes with the lead in a movie or series. While this is literally the first Marvel project with a Black female lead, and everyone here knows that you would have zero complaints if that number was still at zero (like it would be if Chadwick hadn't died).

If Marvel hates black men so much and loves Black women so much, then why are Black male lead movies/series outnumbering Black female lead movies 6 to 1?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Bruh just stop. You said "recast for the third movie". Those would be 2 different characters, not a "recast"; which is even sloppier writing; he had no son in this universe unless part 2 is changing that and waving the multiverse card everytime you get stuck is bad writing.

Why wouldn't they give him a son? He wasn't dead or even sick at the end of the 1st movie and he had a clear love interest, so it would be easy as hell for him to have borne a son off-camera between the 1st and 2nd movie before he died. I would be shocked if they don't do it.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Because Black comic creators in the 1960's and 70's didn't want to have anything to do with Africa. Which says something.

And now that it's the 21st Century they can come up with their own Black fantasy countries/empires and they still don't seem to have much interest in it. Which is their fault. And no one else's.
That has nothing to do with what i’m saying, however everything you said is true.

I just mean that nothing belongs to you, or me. It’s not ours, and these characters grow with the times.

Karume

All Star
Daps

In my response I distinguished between the multiversal T'Challa and a straight or traditional recast. While you are correct that a multiversal T'Challa is a distinct character I strongly suspect that the average viewer would view that similarly to a recast.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Why wouldn't they give him a son? He wasn't dead or even sick at the end of the 1st movie and he had a clear love interest, so it would be easy as hell for him to have borne a son off-camera between the 1st and 2nd movie before he died. I would be shocked if they don't do it.
I'm not saying they're not, but that's not nearly as satisfying as T'Challa forming a relationship and/or marriage just like he does in the comics which everyone likes to claim so often, and actually has a kid through a plot driven process. Off screen, much like his death is generally bad storytelling.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
In my response I distinguished between the multiversal T'Challa and a straight or traditional recast. While you are correct that a multiversal T'Challa is a distinct character I strongly suspect that the average viewer would view that similarly to a recast.
The average viewer is going to have to go with whatever Marvel tries to paint. It doesn't mean it's the best path forward.

I'm not claiming any grand feminist, anti-black male agenda, I just simply think it is an unfortunate decision to make, that we all know would not would have happened for any other MCU franchise.

I get Coogler and the cast are in pain, and are choosing to grieve in this way, but it's against his family's wishes and what I am led to believe Boseman's wishes. If the cast felt it would be a dishonor to recast, simply don’t make the movie.

Karume

All Star
Daps
The average viewer is going to have to go with whatever Marvel tries to paint. It doesn't mean it's the best path forward.

I'm not claiming any grand feminist, anti-black male agenda, I just simply think it is an unfortunate decision to make, that we all know would not would have happened for any other MCU franchise.

I get Coogler and the cast are in pain, and are choosing to grieve in this way, but it's against his family's wishes and what I am led to believe Boseman's wishes. If the cast felt it would be a dishonor to recast, simply don’t make the movie.
Was it Bozemans family wish that a recast happened immediately? If a recast happens next film wouldn't that still be appropriate?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Was it Bozemans family wish that a recast happened immediately? If a recast happens next film wouldn't that still be appropriate?

That's immaterial because Disney officially came out and said that they absolutely were not going to recast. Had they not made that decision, obviously how they handled it would open to interpretation.

I just find the determination not to do so, unfortunate. Short of Nick Fury who wasn't a leading man in the continuity until recently, no one besides T'Challa has the presence, star power, follows the comics, and has the pedigree to really lead the Avengers and the MCU right now...and I'm not just limiting that to black or male characters. I said a few posts up, I'm not even a Black Panther fan like that. I'm a fan of good storytelling above all...there is no clear leader in the MCU right now and my argument is that's a significant contributor for why Phase 4 has been treading garbage.

Karume

All Star
Daps
That's immaterial because Disney officially came out and said that they absolutely were not going to recast. Had they not made that decision, obviously how they handled it would open to interpretation.

I just find the determination not to do so, unfortunate. Short of Nick Fury who wasn't a leading man in the continuity until recently, no one besides T'Challa has the presence, star power, follows the comics, and has the pedigree to really lead the Avengers and the MCU right now...and I'm not just limiting that to black or male characters. I said a few posts up, I'm not even a Black Panther fan like that. I'm a fan of good storytelling above all...there is no clear leader in the MCU right now and my argument is that's a significant contributor for why Phase 4 has been treading garbage.
Hmmm, I wasn't aware of Disney making such a statement. Are you sure they meant never or just not right now?

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
They could recast right now and y'all would STILL bytch and complain. It's simply in da nature of many of y'all to do so. Much like da women that y'all loathe and detest. Furthermore, A LOT of assumptions are being made cause no one has once said anything about T'challa "gettin' written out of da MCU" or not being eventually recanted. So many unfounded assumptions about a movie that has yet to be released...still.

I also find it funny that so many of y'all swear and acknowledge Hollywood to be so influential and "agenda" driven but anytime it's pointed about music, it's juelzing, "it's only entertainment" or deny, deny, deny. Make it all make sense.