Black neighborhoods in "Non-Black" Cities

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I have family in Charles Town, WV. They mostly commute into MD and DC for work. I rarely ever go there but they swear more and more AA are coming to the area.
OK. So many folks in Charles Town work in the DMV and commute back and forth. That sounds awesome. I love Mountains myself, so working/partying in DC while living in Charles Town seems idea. WV seems like it could be the next wave for Black people on the East.

:mjpls:

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps
Yep! All true. South Florida is way blacker than people realize. Some folks on here even think it's nothing but Cacs and Cubans. When in fact, blacks make up 25% of South Florida/Greater Miami's population (roughly 1.2million black people in Palm Beach County Broward County and Miami-Dade County)

I'm from Miami and there's many predominantly black areas.When people think of Miami they must be thinking of Miami Beach or something. What I also find funny is when people bring up Cubans, they always conveniently leave out all the black Cubans. I know many black Cubans and they know they're black. But I guess when people think all Cubans look like Vida Guerra or Cameron Diaz they'd overlook all the black ones. But anyways, Carol City, Miami Gardens, North Miami, and North Miami Beach are some predominantly black areas. And in broward parts of Ft Lauderdale and Lauderhill, Miramar, Pompano Beach, and Deerfield Beach are predominantly black. In south Florida we even have historically black high schools.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Springfield MA
e162af5d8f6ccc2a177adb598f15722f.jpg

the birthplace of basketball is 25% black and 30% latina. Springfield is dope, because it is compact and pretty easy to get around. The Connecticut River Valley has some of the most fertile land in New England, and the mountains are right around the way. Springfield is like right in the middle of everything, thats why they put the Armory here during the Revolution

Boston- 80 miles
NYC- 120 miles
Montreal- 4 hours

And while the schools need improvement, MA public schools are amongst the best in the nation, and I would argue that the I-91 corridor from New Haven to Amherst has the best conglomeration of colleges in the nation.
Yale in New Haven,Trinity and UConn, Springfield College, UMass-Amherst, Amherst College, Smith College, Mt Holyoke College, Hampshire College are just some of the colleges in the area.

So many Afro-Latin folks, its beautiful. 6 flags down the street in Agawam, plus the Harley Davidson bikes are a big thing amongst the black folks here.

:ohhh:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I'm from Miami and there's many predominantly black areas.When people think of Miami they must be thinking of Miami Beach or something. What I also find funny is when people bring up Cubans, they always conveniently leave out all the black Cubans. I know many black Cubans and they know they're black. But I guess when people think all Cubans look like Vida Guerra or Cameron Diaz they'd overlook all the black ones. But anyways, Carol City, Miami Gardens, North Miami, and North Miami Beach are some predominantly black areas. And in broward parts of Ft Lauderdale and Lauderhill, Miramar, Pompano Beach, and Deerfield Beach are predominantly black. In south Florida we even have historically black high schools.
Oh yes sis. I'm originally from West Palm Beach. I have fam in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami Dade counties. Black history in South Florida is really interesting, and folks should do there research on it, since many folks don't know about black Miami. Overtown, Liberty City, Opa Locks, Sistrunk, NW Hallandale, NW Dania, NW Pompano, NW Deerfield, Pearl City in Boca Raton, Southwestern and Northwestern Delray Beach, Cherry Hill in Boynton Beach, San Castle in Lantana, Alphabet City and Lake Osbourne in Lake Worth, and last but not least Northern West Palm Beach (the Tamarind Ave Coooridor). I know of all these black neighborhoods in South Florida.

:blessed:

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
I've also frequented Albuquerque a lot in the past, and there is a surprisingly decent amount of my fellow Black people there. All throughout New Mexico actually (Roswell, Hobbs, Las Cruces, Santa Fe).

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
OK. So many folks in Charles Town work in the DMV and commute back and forth. That sounds awesome. I love Mountains myself, so working/partying in DC while living in Charles Town seems idea. WV seems like it could be the next wave for Black people on the East.

:mjpls:
the commute must be terrible

Dc traffic no joke

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Damn that's kinda loss tbh

I'm from maryland and even the rich white counties are at least 20% black (Montgomery and howard county)
That's not really low...NYC and Chicago have similar percentages but are known for black culture
Boston is mostly West Indians and Africans

Cabo Verdeans, Haitians, Dominicans Nigerians Jamaicans ricans etc

Haitians are deep in boston

Boston does have a lot of AA history, Malcolm x lived in Roxbury etc

If it wasn't so cac dominated I'd considered living there

Black neighborhoods are Mattapan and Roxbury and Dorchester

I got fam in Boston and it's a dope city but WAY too many cacs
If we 20% and the Latinos are like probably another 20% I don't see how it's too white compared most of America.

Unless you're talking about metro area as a whole?

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I live around East Africans in my area of Edmonton. South Sudanese, Ethiopians, Somalis.

Ethiopians is good people, women are :banderas: ,food is :feedme:.

Hella Somalis here, but some of them are on that :mjpls: tip, like they aint dark skinned & nappy headed as any other Negro on the planet.

The provincial government here gives Somalis thousands of dollars in benefits if they're first generation immigrants & Cacs hate it.:mjlol:

The few Sudanese brehs I know smoke, fight & chase White bytches.

There's a small Jamaican community here too, my barber is this Jamaican cat, first name King & he rocks a mullet like a old hustla from the 80s.
:mjlol:

The-Kings.jpg

^^Thats him on the right. Real thorough dude though.

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps
@Meh
They don't know about Florida. Unlike many of these other HBCUs and historically black high schools, they were funded and built by black people no liberal white aid. Like Blanche Ely high school founded by a black woman and her black husband who were educators themselves or Bethune Cookman College and FAMU were founded by black people. Florida's has great black history.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
My mom's fam is from South FL.

Deerfield, Lantana, Riviera Beach, Jupiter, Tequesta have a lot of blac folk there

Florida is pretty blac all over besides SW Florida(Naples, etc)...Ft Myers is tha only blac area over there

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
When I was driving trucks over the road (meaning all over the u.s) I would be shocked and relieved at the same time to see black people in certain places. Places like Iowa, Minneapolis, Wisconsin.

I had stopped in Davenport, Iowa last year to watch game 7 of the Finals and was blown away at how many blacks were there.

I grew up in the south so I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to other places. I know blacks are all over but certain places aren't automatically associated with black people so its a shock to outsiders like myself
I never thought Iowa had black folks either :pachaha:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
That's not really low...NYC and Chicago have similar percentages but are known for black culture

If we 20% and the Latinos are like probably another 20% I don't see how it's too white compared most of America.

Unless you're talking about metro area as a whole?

The metro as whole I mean

Keep in mind folks commute into the city plus the large college population . these folks are mostly white

Plus Boston city limits are small

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
@Meh
They don't know about Florida. Unlike many of these other HBCUs and historically black high schools, they were funded and built by black people no liberal white aid. Like Blanche Ely high school founded by a black woman and her black husband who were educators themselves or Bethune Cookman College and FAMU were founded by black people. Florida's has great black history.
Now, I didn't know about Blanche Ely being founded and funded by black folks..

:ohhh:

Florida's black history predates it's statehood. Black slaves would flee into Florida and would group up with the Tequesta and Seminoles in what was Spanish Florida. And Black Bahamians would work in South Florida and Miami (before it became Miami). Black Bahamians built alot of South Florida.