Black neighborhoods in "Non-Black" Cities

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I didn't know this. Boston has a lot of Black people? :ohhh:

I thought it was nothing but a bunch of Irish cacs?

What type of Black people? West Africans, Black Americans, etc.?

What parts of town? Neighborhoods?

What the women look like? :shaq:

Boston girls are gorgeous, from all cultures too

Haitians, Jamaicans, Nigerians, Cape Verdians, Ivory Coast, Ethiopians, Eritreans, Black Americans, Mixed girls, Dark Sicilians, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Columbians

If you really want to taste the world cultural rainbow, go there :blessed:

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
Which is interesting, because that mountain scenery in WV is to die for IMHO.
To me it is, but then again I grew up there. I remember there being an article on this when other schools from the Big 12 come to play there, how fascinated they were by the scenery because all the other schools in the Big 12 are located in the midwest. The cost of living in WV is very cheap and tuition there is also pretty cheap especially if you're a resident. I don't try to encourage people to move there because I wanna keep the cost of living low, especially for when I return one day.:birdman:
@Meh here's the article
Big 12 Coaches Gain Respect for Mountaineer Football

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Meh

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:salute:

Now THAT'S history. I've heard of Uncle Jams Army and the early-Hip Hop scene in LA. Radio Activity...

:blessed:

"Blood, Cuz, Gangbangin, everybody in the club was doing dope-slangin"

Yeah, while Hip Hop was developing in the South Bronx in the mid-70's LA and California in general we're developing their own street dances(pop-n-lock) and their own street music simultaneously with NYC.

Do you still keep in contact with your uncle? I'm sure he has stories for days. LA and The Bay have had such a large scale impact on Black culture globally.

The Bay and Nor-Cal had their own versions of the Boogaloo and other street dances from what I've seen. Than there's Turfing(Bay Area/NorCal) and Krumping(LA/SoCal).

The street dancng reneissance of the early-00's came about via West Coast films and docus like You Got Served and RIZE.

I have really talked to him in a minute. I heard he was sick but I have to ask my dad. I remember my pops telling me that Lonnie knocked down OJ first wife Margreatte and OJ wanted the fade. He also told me he smashed Denise Williams and Tootie Reese wife, the sister law of Felix Mitchell. Tootie came to the club trippin lol. Shoot out with the Brims and Crips on crenshaw when the club let out. My mom was involved in the poplocking scene. She's born and raised in Compton from the west side on Arbutus. It was a club in Compton called the English Square where her and her crew used to poplock at.

• Dap

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
To me it is, but then again I grew up there. I remember there being an article on this when other schools from the Big 12 come to play there, how fascinated they were by the scenery because all the other schools in the Big 12 are located in the midwest. The cost of living in WV is very cheap and tuition there is also pretty cheap especially if you're a resident. I don't try to encourage people to move there because I wanna keep the cost of living low, especially for when I return one day.:birdman:
Yeah. The only other Big12 school with amazing scenery is UT(Texas) because its located in Austin, and Austin is in the Texas Hill Country. The rest of the Big12 schools are in the Flat plains. I love Mountains..Id love to visit WV one day.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I have really talked to him in a minute. I heard he was sick but I have to ask my dad. I remember my pops telling me that Lonnie knocked down OJ first wife Margreatte and OJ wanted the fade. He also told me he smashed Denise Williams and Tootie Reese wife, the sister law of Felix Mitchell. Tootie came to the club trippin lol. Shoot out with the Brims and Crips on crenshaw when the club let out. My mom was involved in the poplocking scene. She's born and raised in Compton from the west side on Arbutus. It was a club in Compton called the English Square where her and her crew used to poplock at.
:damn:

That's ALOT of Westcoast history in one post. Uncle Lonnie smashed Felix Mitchell's sister in law? Your uncle must've been in ALOT of circles to be connected to Felix like that.

:whoa:

I know OJ comes from Hunters-Point Bayview in SF. Another historically Black area of SF, that is gonna be gentrified soon, for it's scenic views.

So your uncle was probably when the Brims first formed in the 60's. Before they even became Bloods. Was he affiliated? I know Crenshaw is mostly Rollin sets as far as Crips go. As far as dance crews, I know part of The Rollin 60's history involved starting off as a little Dance crew of kids.

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
Yeah. The only other Big12 school with amazing scenery is UT(Texas) because its located in Austin, and Austin is in the Texas Hill Country. The rest of the Big12 schools are in the Flat plains. I love Mountains..Id love to visit WV one day.
You definitely should. If you ever get to travel to WVU, they always say check out Cooper's Rock. I haven't gotten to go there yet, but I have been to the New River Gorge Bridge.

• Dap

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
The east side of San Antonio.
Yezzir. I know East SA is historically Black. SA has one of the largest annual MLK celebrations. There's the notorious Wheatly Courts on the Eastside. East Austin is also historically Black. I lived in Austin for a bit when I was a kid. I didn't live on the Eastside, but I knew folks from The Eastside.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Dope thread idea, repped
THANKS!! This thread has been on my mind for MONTHS. Since the middle of last year. I've just been researching Black areas of the US for months. What I like to do is, go on Google Maps go to a random city, and type in "AME Church" in a random city, to gauge where the Black folks are at in that particular town/city.

1/2 Man 1/2 Hennessy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Daps
Reppin
Seattle
Seattle we have the Soufend (Beacon Hill, Hillman City, Rainier Beach, Columbia City), Central District (Yesler Terrace, East Seattle, Cherry Hill) and West Seattle (High Point, Delridge, Whitecenter, Burien, Sea-Tac).
Gentrification literally wiped out the black population in Central District which is the most historically known black section of Seattle. shyt is actually scary to witness. I dont even recognize the area no more, just littered with white hipsters and tech workers.:hhh:
Soufend still majority non-white but they're starting to take over I can see it. West Seattle hoods still go strong cause its overall not a desirable place for white people to try and gentrify since its in the cut and further from Seattle "proper".
nikkas are being pushed out into areas like Tukwila, Kent, Renton, Auburn, Lynnwood, Sea-Tac, Federal Way.

On another note, Tacoma actually has a very large black population in relation to its overall population but most people dont really know that. But to be real its a terrible city in general there's frfr an actual stench that's city wide it smells like burning garbage and sulfur:scust:

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:damn:

That's ALOT of Westcoast history in one post. Uncle Lonnie smashed Felix Mitchell's sister in law? Your uncle must've been in ALOT of circles to be connected to Felix like that.

:whoa:

I know OJ comes from Hunters-Point Bayview in SF. Another historically Black area of SF, that is gonna be gentrified soon, for it's scenic views.

So your uncle was probably when the Brims first formed in the 60's. Before they even became Bloods. Was he affiliated? I know Crenshaw is mostly Rollin sets as far as Crips go. As far as dance crews, I know part of The Rollin 60's history involved starting off as a little Dance crew of kids.

:whoa: He just new people because they came to his club. he wasn't affiliated with any gangs are anything like that. My pops and my relatives were more 70's hustlers/black nationalist types, they weren't involved in gangs.

• Dap

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Can a Seattle cat explain to me why so many hoopers come out of there? Supposedly not a ton of brothers up there but every year you got another Seattle cat coming into the league. Isaiah Thomas, Jamal Crawford, Zach Lavine, etc etc. Its gotta have the highest number of ballers per capita in the country but its not even really considered a great basketball city

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I mean we not but honestly I am. My uncle went to middle and high school with Prince. My mom grew up down the street from Terry Lewis. My auntie was people's with Stokely from Mint Condition and their guitar player used to live across the street from me. Not only that but my mom was in Sounds of Blackness and I used to go to recording sessions at Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis's studio as a kid. I remember meeting Janet Jackson and playing Sega with New Edition and Boys 2 Men. OK top of that RL from Next stole my girl :mjcry:(we were 'on a break' and I was creeping but still)
:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Damn!!! So you and your family is CONNECTED big time with many of the major players within the Minneapolis Sound. The FlytTyme Recording studio is LEGENDARY. I was watching an old news documentary from 1988 about the Minneapolis sound and about the Black music scene in Minneapolis.

^^In that docu they also feature some White bands also(like Husker Du)

:mjpls:

But love Alexnder O'Neals music. I didn't know Jay-Z sampled the chorus of Sunshine from one of Alexanders songs until I saw the documentary I posted above. That 1985 O'Neal album seemed dope. Did you ever attend the salon/barbershop from the Documentary above? It doubled as a recording studio. It starts around the 26:55 mark.

I'm also enjoy Mint Conditions music. I wonder what Stokley is up to nowadays...

:jbhmm:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
:whoa: He just new people because they came to his club. he wasn't affiliated with any gangs are anything like that. My pops and my relatives were more 70's hustlers/black nationalist types, they weren't involved in gangs.
Oh, my bad...

They were nationlist? Awesome. Yeah, your pops probably knew Bunchie Carter/The LA BP Party, and probably knew of the US Organization. But that's pretty dope though. If you ran a club in those days, you probably ran across so many legends who played on the club circuit. But not only did you run into legends, but you probably had to deal with a lot of riff-raff to, and probably bumped into many hood legends.