Black molecular biologist is banned from buying $749,000 Virginia Beach condo 'because of her race' by white owner, 84

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
The old white people that sold me my mini mansion that their family built a century ago were quite lovely.

They even told us cute stories about some of the different areas of the house at the closing.

We briefly had a great talk about our state and the histories of our families here going back to colonial times.

Last edited:

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
I know most of the posters in this thread are renters and don't understand how a contract for the purchase of a home works, but there are very few reasons that will legally allow a seller to back out after a contract is signed. Even in those instances the seller will have to pay a hefty fee to settle with the buyer. Which is why brehette wasn't letting this CAC off the hook.

The racist CAC in this instance would've easily had to pay over $50k to break the contract and I don't care how racist she is, most people aren't going to take that kind of loss voluntarily.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know most of the posters in this thread are renters and don't understand how a contract for the purchase of a home works, but there are very few reasons that will legally allow a seller to back out after a contract is signed. Even in those instances the seller will have to pay a hefty fee to settle with the buyer. Which is why brehette wasn't letting this CAC off the hook.

The racist CAC in this instance would've easily had to pay over $50k to break the contract and I don't care how racist she is, most people aren't going to take that kind of loss voluntarily.

Brehs here are astute checker players.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

They can back out and just refund the money. The contract would determine if a penalty would be applied but its not mandatory for home sales

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Facts. I don’t know what world folks live in. If you already at the table, down payment, escrow etc, the process isnt just starting, you damn near done!

From the initial offer to that could have been weeks. I know it was so for my condo last year and I did everything I could to make it a 30 day close. Then inspections and all of that…cats don’t live in the real world if they think some lady on death’s door getting cash is going to make someone buying property back out.

“Don’t beg someone to take your money” nah according to that contract, old hoe would have had to take some sort of loss. Between not wanting your property to hit the market again needlessly after hitting the “under contract” stage and having to deal with legal repercussions, of course the kids talked sense into her. Mind you, VA is the 7th fastest selling market. The sista likely gonna get over in a few short years of she decides to move/rent the place out.

Last edited:

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Jane Walker, 84, allegedly refused to sell a condo to Dr. Raven Baxter over race.

Dr. Raven Baxter, 30, was prepared to buy the home after a virtual tour of the property. It had everything she wanted: a private foyer, wainscoting, exquisite crown molding, and a marble fireplace.

This lady got the same full name as Raven on that's so Raven and they had an episode on this shyt

:ohhh:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The Coli stays with the most simplistic views on complex issues and its embarrassing. :snoop:

Years from now when the property is worth over a million, is it better that a Black person owns it or a white person picked by this racist old woman?

You can’t preach “buy the block” and not understand that will often mean buying off of racists in a racist ass country as the USA.

Was about to say this but you said it better.

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
There are people on thecoli who believe that racism doesn't exist because of some straw man argument that black people blame crime on white supremacy.

I forgot their usernames but you'll find them in every thread involving a black criminal

with sarcastic comments like "we just need more afterschool programs :troll:"