Black model on 'The Face' says she doesn't consider herself Black

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If she gets offended it says a lot about her and the fact that you, too, think it's an insult says a lot about you.

i'm dark skinned and it's not an insult to me. it's an insult to the women who get offended by it.

you stay on me but don't say shyt about the women who will claim anything other than african. do me a favor, in your spare time, ask 10 random black women what they're mixed with. i promise you, I PROMISE YOU, at least 6 will say they're mixed with something.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
i get what she meant.

i dont see it as self hatred. wendell asked her what it felt like to be in a certain lane...she was sayin thats not her lane.

ask scorcese how it feels to be an italian mafia movie director. he'll probably tell you he's a movie director that directed some good italian mafia movies.

the way her question was worded brings different connotations. she knew that. she up there trying to start shyt thats what she does for a living.

:rudy:

How is it not self hatred to deny what u actually are? She is in fact black. But she said she doesn't consider herself black. She deliberatley was trying to distance herself from any type of blackness. Talkin bout, "I'm goin for a more international look" :childplease:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
i'm dark skinned and it's not an insult to me. it's an insult to the women who get offended by it.

you stay on me but don't say shyt about the women who will claim anything other than african. do me a favor, in your spare time, ask 10 random black women what they're mixed with. i promise you, I PROMISE YOU, at least 6 will say they're mixed with something.

Women in general always saying they mixed with something

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps

Guess what? I don't know an African American women claiming to be other. You run across all of these dark skinned "mixed chicks" but I don't. The only dark skinned woman that I ever knew who claimed to be mixed was in fact mixed (her dad was Indian...not Native American). She was chocolate and had silky hair. Whether they are ratchets from my hometown or intellectuals at my graduate school, I have never in real life come across an African American that said they were mixed and weren't. Why am I going to rant and rave about people who do not exist in real life or even on this board?

To the girl in the OP, if she has two black parents then she gets the side eye for her comment. If she is mixed then who am I to tell her what she is?

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps

All the girls used to be 1/4 Cherokee when I was coming up.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Well how often do you ask chicks other then black ones?
All of the time. It's a good convo starter.

Trust me I'm the last person to diss black chicks but I seen this shyt for myself.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Women in general always saying they mixed with something

I have never hear an asian chick say, "I'm mixed with white" or a philipino chick say "I'm mixed: :stopitslime:

I'm bein totally real when I say that I have heard with my own 2 ears, many black chicks that have 2 full black parents say that they are mixed. Shyts crazy brehs :mindblown:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All the girls used to be 1/4 Cherokee when I was coming up.

indian, irish, asian. i've heard it all. @KenyaDoll act like it's not a real problem that exist offline :heh: chick is delusional

since i can't bring offline examples online. go register to sites where you can search by race like SKOUT, put in "mixed" and see ALLLLL the dark skinned black women that show up

Last edited by a moderator: