Black model on 'The Face' says she doesn't consider herself Black

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I could see if she was mixed, but as far as I know she is not. I will wait for her to speak on it.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
my issue is not whether if she consider herself black, more of what the hell does she mean by international look? Is she trying to imply that black women can't have an international look? Did she not know that Naomi Campbell is one of the most famous model ever?:heh:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
best way to insult most black woman = call them dark skinned. cuts them deeper than bytch and c*nt combined.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
This shyt is pretty sad :snoop: Denial is a MF! I wonder what she actually sees when she looks in the mirror.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
Pretty much all black industry women are insecure about their looks/race, from beyonce, kelly rowland, even strong in the face feature lil kim, rihana etc.... all have said something in favor of wishing they were non black or done surgery to look more Caucasian.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
i get what she meant.

i dont see it as self hatred. wendell asked her what it felt like to be in a certain lane...she was sayin thats not her lane.

ask scorcese how it feels to be an italian mafia movie director. he'll probably tell you he's a movie director that directed some good italian mafia movies.

the way her question was worded brings different connotations. she knew that. she up there trying to start shyt thats what she does for a living.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
i get what she meant.

i dont see it as self hatred. wendell asked her what it felt like to be in a certain lane...she was sayin thats not her lane.

ask scorcese how it feels to be an italian mafia movie director. he'll probably tell you he's a movie director that directed some good italian mafia movies.

the way her question was worded brings different connotations. she knew that. she up there trying to start shyt thats what she does for a living.

:heh: you really believe this

what's wrong with being a black model?

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal

honestly i saw a 30 second clip on what was probably a 15 minute interview...post editing.

maybe she articulated exactly what she meant. :yeshrug: i just see it as it coulda went both ways.

if someone asked me how it felt to be a black college student. i could answer i wouldnt know cause i didnt go to a black college. doesnt mean im self hating.

(black college) + student
black + (college student)

The question is ambiguous to begin with.