Black Midwesterners Appreciation

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
Nah. Brehs from Indiana and other midwestern states definitely do not have the same attitudes and behaviors of North East blacks. There are obviously exceptions, but that's because those dudes were likely exposed to NY brehs at some point or did their best to emulate that swag. Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to say NY brehs are better than these dudes. They just have a vibe that I fukk with more than, say, the typical cat from Oklahoma.

But I'm going to keep it all the way real with you. I feel the same way about brehs in the South and the West, too. Let's keep it a buck. Although they have a lot of clout chasing problems (like co-signing that snitch clown 69), NY and even Boston brehs have set the standard for swag in our community. People have always copied how we dress, how we talk, how we move. Everyone else is always coming up on shyt late. In Detroit, they started wearing True Religions years after NE brehs were off that shyt. It's the truth. Sadly, now the dudes who used to set the trends are chasing them. NY brehs are trying to sound like drill and trap rappers. shyt is backwards.:yeshrug:
NYC brehs haven't been trendsetters since the 90s, knock it off :mjlol:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
NYC brehs haven't been trendsetters since the 90s, knock it off :mjlol:

Dipset aren’t 90s rappers so I think you need to knock it off! Jay Z rockawear and P Diddys Sean John we’re still popping in the early 2000s as well.

:yeshrug:

And moving forward nobody has replaced them and your city isn’t a trendsetter or ever was!

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NYC nikkas are corny as hell, nowadays. Y'll be thinking ya'll trendsetters but that hasn't been true for the past decade or so. Atlanta BEEN took that crown from you. :manny: The culture ain't been centralized in NYC in literally YEARS. Even LA been more influential over the past few years. NYC is important of course...but its also got a bajilion people. If you WEREN'T influential it would be a waste of a city. The Midwest and Atlanta have contributed WAY beyond their number in population.

Midwest cats are on a whole much more welcoming and open that coastal nikkas. Mostly because of the southern roots I'd say...we are a lot closer and more in touch with our folks in the south.
In Detroit, we don't even fukk with outsiders like that. 9/10 if you got into some shyt in Detroit you were close too it. There very little degrees of separation in our violence here...much more personal than say Chicago.

Only really Cincinnati and Chicago nikkas sound "country". Detroit, Northern Ohio, Twin Cities, Pittsburgh, etc they all have really flat nasally kinda accents.

What has LA, Midwest and ATL contributed more of?

ATL is not a trendsetting city.

And you’re from Detroit a place that is arguably by far more “corny” than NYC.

For a city that is in rubbles practically contributing nothing I’d like to think the word “corny” wouldn’t even come out of your mouth.

Until I see black fashion entrepreneurs and name brand clothes pop up first in ATL they will ever take the crown from nobody. NYC nikkas and up north dudes are the flyest people in their own city.

ATL artist still gotta come up to NYC to get signed to major label.

And when it comes to money most of the top earners in hip hop are New Yorkers.

Jay Z alone is more influential than any sperm cell that originated from ATL, Midwest and LA combined!

Last edited:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
But I'm going to keep it all the way real with you. I feel the same way about brehs in the South and the West, too. Let's keep it a buck. Although they have a lot of clout chasing problems (like co-signing that snitch clown 69), NY and even Boston brehs have set the standard for swag in our community. People have always copied how we dress, how we talk, how we move. Everyone else is always coming up on shyt late. In Detroit, they started wearing True Religions years after NE brehs were off that shyt. It's the truth. Sadly, now the dudes who used to set the trends are chasing them. NY brehs are trying to sound like drill and trap rappers. shyt is backwards.:yeshrug:

nikka stop it. You from Boston, first off stop riding NYC coattails. And second since you talking bout slow? Y’all nikkas slow AF, ain’t shift swift about Boston streets. Y’all nikkas don’t get no money, most of the Black people I saw up there was broke AF in corporate and them Cape Verdean dudes run circles around y’all on the streets, so y’all grind ain’t bout shyt either. I was just up there helping my cousin from there pack up and move down my way, was all up in in Matapan, Roxbury and Worcester and them nikkas wasn’t trying to do shyt but get drunk/high and stay in the neighborhood all day. That’s the definition of country, and I’m a south nikka saying that too. Boston Black community reminds me of a Cleveland or Kansas City, the white folks doing pretty good but the Black folks hurting real bad.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Detroit put Boston onto the Adidas wave back in the 80's.

Damn near all my dads side is from the midwest, only exception is myself who is from the south and I got one cousin from Boston and she from there cuz her dad moved there from Detroit back in the day with them YBI brehs to sell work. And he still Detroit AF too, he 60 plus and still be suited and booted with a fedora on walking down Humboldt Ave

Madrasas

Pro
Daps
I'm in Kansas, not living here voluntarily just stationed at the army base here. When I get out I plan to stay in the Midwest. Where should I go? Chicago is too expensive, and it's in Illinois.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
nikka stop it. You from Boston, first off stop riding NYC coattails. And second since you talking bout slow? Y’all nikkas slow AF, ain’t shift swift about Boston streets. Y’all nikkas don’t get no money, most of the Black people I saw up there was broke AF in corporate and them Cape Verdean dudes run circles around y’all on the streets, so y’all grind ain’t bout shyt either. I was just up there helping my cousin from there pack up and move down my way, was all up in in Matapan, Roxbury and Worcester and them nikkas wasn’t trying to do shyt but get drunk/high and stay in the neighborhood all day. That’s the definition of country, and I’m a south nikka saying that too. Boston Black community reminds me of a Cleveland or Kansas City, the white folks doing pretty good but the Black folks hurting real bad.

Thank you for not being slow. Wish the other people in the thread saw what he was doing.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
ATL is not a trendsetting city.

And you’re from Detroit a place that is arguably by far more “corny” than NYC.

For a city that is in rubbles practically contributing nothing I’d like to think the word “corny” wouldn’t even come out of your mouth.

Until I see black fashion entrepreneurs and name brand clothes pop up first in ATL they will ever take the crown from nobody. NYC nikkas and up north dudes are the flyest people in their own city.

ATL artist still gotta come up to NYC to get signed to major label.

And when it comes to money most of the top earners in hip hop are New Yorkers.

Jay Z alone is more influential than any sperm cell that originated from ATL, Midwest and LA combined!

nikka you not a hustler. Stick to talking bout driving Uber nikka