Black Midwesterners Appreciation

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I was with a couple from Chicago and KC a couple of days. I swear I did not stop laughing the whole time I was with them. fukkinh hilarious people.

Your have this weird City Country accents.
I've gotten this from my cousins from Connecticut :gucci:,

guess I gotta at least admit east and west coasters hear something southern. crazy thing is I think west coast blacks sound pretty similar to us

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Nah. Brehs from Indiana and other midwestern states definitely do not have the same attitudes and behaviors of North East blacks. There are obviously exceptions, but that's because those dudes were likely exposed to NY brehs at some point or did their best to emulate that swag. Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to say NY brehs are better than these dudes. They just have a vibe that I fukk with more than, say, the typical cat from Oklahoma.

But I'm going to keep it all the way real with you. I feel the same way about brehs in the South and the West, too. Let's keep it a buck. Although they have a lot of clout chasing problems (like co-signing that snitch clown 69), NY and even Boston brehs have set the standard for swag in our community. People have always copied how we dress, how we talk, how we move. Everyone else is always coming up on shyt late. In Detroit, they started wearing True Religions years after NE brehs were off that shyt. It's the truth. Sadly, now the dudes who used to set the trends are chasing them. NY brehs are trying to sound like drill and trap rappers. shyt is backwards.:yeshrug:

Culture is dynamic. :manny:

One of the coolest sisters I ever worked with was from Detroit. She had the realness of an east coast chick, but with a much more pleasant attitude.

I met Chicago chick like that too.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
It’s usually considered the Midwest.

Nah...I think that Texas relationship is to strong. They'll consider themselves Southwestern before Midwestern.

These the black folks in this thread
midwest-map.jpg

Everybody from Somalis and Prince's family in Minneapolis, to formerly 1 million blacks in Chicago proper, to Nelly in St. Louis, to BBQ in Kansas City, to Sheriff Clarke in Milwaukee, to black folks in Fort Wayne and Indianapolis, to Ohio Players, to Detroit 8 Mile Motown cats......1 black person in North Dakota.

Last edited:

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
Nah. Brehs from Indiana and other midwestern states definitely do not have the same attitudes and behaviors of North East blacks. There are obviously exceptions, but that's because those dudes were likely exposed to NY brehs at some point or did their best to emulate that swag. Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to say NY brehs are better than these dudes. They just have a vibe that I fukk with more than, say, the typical cat from Oklahoma.

But I'm going to keep it all the way real with you. I feel the same way about brehs in the South and the West, too. Let's keep it a buck. Although they have a lot of clout chasing problems (like co-signing that snitch clown 69), NY and even Boston brehs have set the standard for swag in our community. People have always copied how we dress, how we talk, how we move. Everyone else is always coming up on shyt late. In Detroit, they started wearing True Religions years after NE brehs were off that shyt. It's the truth. Sadly, now the dudes who used to set the trends are chasing them. NY brehs are trying to sound like drill and trap rappers. shyt is backwards.:yeshrug:
Leave it to a ny nikka to make shyt about them:mjlol:

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
Oklahoma is considered the south right?
This is the best I can tell you, being born raised, and to this day in O-City:
Oklahoma City: Definitely more Southern (Dallas\Houston type of attitude)
Tulsa: Definitely more Midwestern (WAYYY more like STL or KC than OKC)
West of OKC: nothing here AT ALL, but maybe southwestern (like whatever NM is considered)?
Overall: it's the south brehs

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M

this entire post :dame:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Why are yall trying to lump in Boston with NYC? :dahell: