Black Midwesterners Appreciation

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Nah. Brehs from Indiana and other midwestern states definitely do not have the same attitudes and behaviors of North East blacks. There are obviously exceptions, but that's because those dudes were likely exposed to NY brehs at some point or did their best to emulate that swag. Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to say NY brehs are better than these dudes. They just have a vibe that I fukk with more than, say, the typical cat from Oklahoma.

But I'm going to keep it all the way real with you. I feel the same way about brehs in the South and the West, too. Let's keep it a buck. Although they have a lot of clout chasing problems (like co-signing that snitch clown 69), NY and even Boston brehs have set the standard for swag in our community. People have always copied how we dress, how we talk, how we move. Everyone else is always coming up on shyt late. In Detroit, they started wearing True Religions years after NE brehs were off that shyt. It's the truth. Sadly, now the dudes who used to set the trends are chasing them. NY brehs are trying to sound like drill and trap rappers. shyt is backwards.:yeshrug:

NYC nikkas are corny as hell, nowadays. Y'll be thinking ya'll trendsetters but that hasn't been true for the past decade or so. Atlanta BEEN took that crown from you. :manny: The culture ain't been centralized in NYC in literally YEARS. Even LA been more influential over the past few years. NYC is important of course...but its also got a bajilion people. If you WEREN'T influential it would be a waste of a city. The Midwest and Atlanta have contributed WAY beyond their number in population.

Midwest cats are on a whole much more welcoming and open that coastal nikkas. Mostly because of the southern roots I'd say...we are a lot closer and more in touch with our folks in the south.
In Detroit, we don't even fukk with outsiders like that. 9/10 if you got into some shyt in Detroit you were close too it. There very little degrees of separation in our violence here...much more personal than say Chicago.

Only really Cincinnati and Chicago nikkas sound "country". Detroit, Northern Ohio, Twin Cities, Pittsburgh, etc they all have really flat nasally kinda accents.

Mega

Superstar
Daps
Nah. Brehs from Indiana and other midwestern states definitely do not have the same attitudes and behaviors of North East blacks. There are obviously exceptions, but that's because those dudes were likely exposed to NY brehs at some point or did their best to emulate that swag. Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to say NY brehs are better than these dudes. They just have a vibe that I fukk with more than, say, the typical cat from Oklahoma.

But I'm going to keep it all the way real with you. I feel the same way about brehs in the South and the West, too. Let's keep it a buck. Although they have a lot of clout chasing problems (like co-signing that snitch clown 69), NY and even Boston brehs have set the standard for swag in our community. People have always copied how we dress, how we talk, how we move. Everyone else is always coming up on shyt late. In Detroit, they started wearing True Religions years after NE brehs were off that shyt. It's the truth. Sadly, now the dudes who used to set the trends are chasing them. NY brehs are trying to sound like drill and trap rappers. shyt is backwards.:yeshrug:

Detroit put Boston onto the Adidas wave back in the 80's.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Midwest managed to squeeze out 4 HBCus. Two in Ohio and two in Missouri.

s172912744560774714_p4_i1_w1059.jpeg

Daps
NYC nikkas are corny as hell, nowadays. Y'll be thinking ya'll trendsetters but that hasn't been true for the past decade or so. Atlanta BEEN took that crown from you. :manny: The culture ain't been centralized in NYC in literally YEARS. Even LA been more influential over the past few years. NYC is important of course...but its also got a bajilion people. If you WEREN'T influential it would be a waste of a city. The Midwest and Atlanta have contributed WAY beyond their number in population.

Midwest cats are on a whole much more welcoming and open that coastal nikkas. Mostly because of the southern roots I'd say...we are a lot closer and more in touch with our folks in the south.
In Detroit, we don't even fukk with outsiders like that. 9/10 if you got into some shyt in Detroit you were close too it. There very little degrees of separation in our violence here...much more personal than say Chicago.

Only really Cincinnati and Chicago nikkas sound "country". Detroit, Northern Ohio, Twin Cities, Pittsburgh, etc they all have really flat nasally kinda accents.
Can’t argue against this. NY has lost its way, while other regions have become a lot more influential. I still think the improvisational quality of NY brehs and brehettes, especially their capacity to create new fashion trends rather than just throwing a brand name on their chest and belt, is a quality that’s unique to their region. :patrice:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

As a Brooklyn resident I’ll hold the L and say that this borough specifically is the main one trying to sound like drill rappers.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
If there was no such thing as States I would have considered many of the Western New York cities to be midwestern also.

Buffalo is closer in driving to Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland than NYC is.

I’m recently noticing that too.

And the hoods in western New York cities look exactly the same as midwestern hoods. Not as fukked up compared to Detroit but almost the same architecture.