“Black men, please be a mentor. These boys out here are hurting. They need you.”

Canon

Veteran
Daps
ITT: Women and their simp attack dogs purposely missing the point and making it about career mentorship, when we know damn well that’s not what the tweet in the OP was about.

Then wondering why productive black men are starting to say “fukk it” and stop taking the “community” and conversations like this seriously. :ohhh:

She said “black boys are hurting” (an issue that’s addressed by fathers, typically). She did not say “black men need to offer mentorship to young black men in their career fields.” No logical or productive black man would have an issue with that statement.

The “solution” to the issue in the OP is what brehs are saying it is. Quit spreading your legs for fukking bums then crying to the “corny” responsible men that you curved about the outcome.

There was a thread on here a few weeks back about a clip that went viral, where a young black woman on a podcast was talking about how she lets bums hit immediately and she makes the men who she believes would be good partners wait.

People in that thread and even the comments of that video were talking about how it somehow makes sense, but that thought process proves our point.

It’s not about a lack of upstanding black men in the community. It’s about women purposely choosing to spread their legs for bums because “he can’t hurt them” (lie) which is really code for “he won’t hold me to any sort of standards like the responsible men will”.

They know who the productive men are and what they look like, they avoid them because they don’t want to be led. Then when shyt gets tough, it leads to tweets like that and threads like this. :pachaha:

And brehs are starting to catch on, thanks to black men, ironically, mentoring other black men.
:lolbron:

Exactly

A mentor is there to give you advice on topics you may not be exposed to or guide you down certain paths. A mentor is not there every day keeping you on the right track, you meet with them sporadically.

Black boys that are "hurting" dont need a mentor what they need is a father. Like a lot of young men fresh out of college i thought i was going to go out here and help some of these boys who need to see a positive black man in the community. Well, let me tell you, i learned what a lot of black men know. The mothers are not looking for you to be a person who talks to their kid from time to time and lead by example, what they are looking for is a step father. I was legit asked what i had planned for someone for the summer because he needed to stay busy and she didnt have much money to provide the experience he should have. WHERE THAT BOY DAD AT? :mjtf:

all they are lookin for is another transactional relationship(this time giving up nothing.A mentor :mjlol:) to absolve them of their responsibility

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
YOU ARE CORRECT BUT WHAT TO DO WHEN THERE IS NO FATHER? CAN'T JUST DISCARD THOSE KIDS. IS IT SOMEBODYS FAULT? YEP. WHO'S FAULT? DOESN'T MATTER. THE SOLUTION SHOULD BE THE FOCAL POINT.

THERE ARE MEN WHO ARE WILLING TO STAND FOR THESE BOYS. AND THEY DO.

PLUGGING THE HOLE THAT CREATES THIS MESS IS ANOTHER TOPIC AND SHOULDN'T BE MIXED WITH THIS.

You right there are men out there willing to take on that task, but there will NEVER be enough of them. So dont say you looking for mentors and when mentors show up you try to transition them into a stepfather. When that shyt is rebuked dont jump on the internet blaming men.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
And brehs are starting to catch on, thanks to black men, ironically, mentoring other black men.
161t2o.gif

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
You right there are men out there willing to take on that task, but there will NEVER be enough of them. So dont say you looking for mentors and when mentors show up you try to transition them into a stepfather. When that shyt is rebuked dont jump on the internet blaming men.

I AGREE WITH THAT STANCE 100%

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
ITT: Women and their simp attack dogs purposely missing the point and making it about career mentorship, when we know damn well that’s not what the tweet in the OP was about.

Then wondering why productive black men are starting to say “fukk it” and stop taking the “community” and conversations like this seriously. :ohhh:

She said “black boys are hurting” (an issue that’s addressed by fathers, typically). She did not say “black men need to offer mentorship to young black men in their career fields.” No logical or productive black man would have an issue with that statement.

The “solution” to the issue in the OP is what brehs are saying it is. Quit spreading your legs for fukking bums then crying to the “corny” responsible men that you curved about the outcome.

There was a thread on here a few weeks back about a clip that went viral, where a young black woman on a podcast was talking about how she lets bums hit immediately and she makes the men who she believes would be good partners wait.

People in that thread and even the comments of that video were talking about how it somehow makes sense, but that thought process proves our point.

It’s not about a lack of upstanding black men in the community. It’s about women purposely choosing to spread their legs for bums because “he can’t hurt them” (lie) which is really code for “he won’t hold me to any sort of standards like the responsible men will”.

They know who the productive men are and what they look like, they avoid them because they don’t want to be led. Then when shyt gets tough, it leads to tweets like that and threads like this. :pachaha:

Well said brotha, well said:wow:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I've been a mentor for years. The youth really do appreciate and need the guidance of adults that aren't always their parents.

With that said, the BIGGEST barrier to proper mentorship is often the parents. Mothers and Fathers. There ALWAYS should be a certain amount of vetting when it comes to mentorship and I always welcomed conversations and transparency with parents. But, too many times I've had parent get angry because their kid isn't in a sport. Or isn't at home being a free baby sitter for younger siblings or serving as their emotional punching bag. Idk about that twitter post, but parents can still be massive roadblocks in their own kids lives sometimes.

Mentoring a 17-19 year old might be "easier" but it's so much more impactful to expose a kid that's 12 or 13 to things like robotics, programming, creative writing or something like that. Those become interests they retain deep into adult hood.

My experience 100%. I was in Big Brothers Big Sisters and mentored a kid from age 7 to now (he is in his 20s). His grandma got him in the program but after she passed he went to live with his moms and pops (separately) and they are a mess. Fortunately he took advice and wanted to improve himself and is now working in warehousing but kids need guidance if their parents ain't nothing bc they won't give any.

Also saddened by the negativity in this thread. Yeah we can lash out at bum chicks but their kid is not your problem until his gun is in your face.

A lot of these people sound like LSA posters the way they write off young Black boys. Can't save everyone but many want to be saved.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
My experience 100%. I was in Big Brothers Big Sisters and mentored a kid from age 7 to now (he is in his 20s). His grandma got him in the program but after she passed he went to live with his moms and pops (separately) and they are a mess. Fortunately he took advice and wanted to improve himself and is now working in warehousing but kids need guidance if their parents ain't nothing bc they won't give any.

Also saddened by the negativity in this thread. Yeah we can lash out at bum chicks but their kid is not your problem until his gun is in your face.

A lot of these people sound like LSA posters the way they write off young Black boys. Can't save everyone but many want to be saved.

Most want to be saved. But you can't expect kids to know and desire things they aren't exposed to. I remember one kid in our program told me he'd never left the county and he was like 17. I'm like :dahell:

If all they know is foolishness. All they'll want to be is foolish.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
1. Most black men don't have a community mindset. This ain't the 60s. Those days are long gone.
2. Most black men are literally afraid of black youth lol
3. Most black men under the age of 50 are stuck in a state of perpetual adolescence and have no business mentoring anyone about shyt.

Anyway, street nikkas and rappers are the one's raising these troubled youth. She needs to be speaking to that demographic.

These other cats are damn near useless and want women to fix all their problems.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
people used to try to put all of this on teachers. expecting teachers to not only teach but solve severe social problems while making sure no child is held back a grade. now it's random black men's job. really, this is systemic and requires some serious intervention from government.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Most want to be saved. But you can't expect kids to know and desire things they aren't exposed to. I remember one kid in our program told me he'd never left the county and he was like 17. I'm like :dahell:

If all they know is foolishness. All they'll want to be is foolish.
Yeah I feel you. I got my mentee a passport. He hasn't used it but has the option.

But yeah exposure is super key. Kids aspire for a GED and flipping burgers bc that's what their fam ans social circle do.