“Black men, please be a mentor. These boys out here are hurting. They need you.”

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
All this mentoring don't mean shyt if you can't point these kids to a way of life that pays better than what they perceive negatively pays

Everyone always glosses over this
And that’s all it is, is perception. The whole culture has to be done away with and revamped, like someone above me said.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
I mentor as a part-time job. I liked it at the start, and I have fun with the kids. I allow them to experience new activities they normally couldn't afford to do (with money out of my pocket). Also use my own gas (vehicle), but I don't mind.

However, it's getting more irritating as they are trying to push the position more into a therapist position, but without the certification. I understand they want the kids to learn something, but they wanting me to do cognitive exercises, teach coping techniques etc. I've told my boss I'm a mentor, not a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP). Plus having to write weekly and monthly reports for the kids I see, the activities we did, and the benefit of the activities. Then have to sit in meetings with Social Services to discuss the progress of each kid (as they pay my company).

I stay so busy with the part time that it at times interferes with my full-time job.
I'm starting to get burnt out.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All this mentoring don't mean shyt if you can't point these kids to a way of life that pays better than what they perceive negatively pays

Everyone always glosses over this
This generation ain't even on no get money time. They all about killing and stealing.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mentor as a part-time job. I liked it at the start, and I have fun with the kids. I allow them to experience new activities they normally couldn't afford to do (with money out of my pocket). Also use my own gas (vehicle), but I don't mind.

However, it's getting more irritating as they are trying to push the position more into a therapist position, but without the certification. I understand they want the kids to learn something, but they wanting me to do cognitive exercises, teach coping techniques etc. I've told my boss I'm a mentor, not a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP). Plus having to write weekly and monthly reports for the kids I see, the activities we did, and the benefit of the activities. Then have to sit in meetings with Social Services to discuss the progress of each kid (as they pay my company).

I stay so busy with the part time that it at times interferes with my full-time job.
I'm starting to get burnt out.
This is part of the problem too. They make everything a job or study, That then turns people off from wanting to do it and turns the kids off from being receptive because they see the fake shiit. Genuine connections are whats needed and you seem to have that but they making it something else. Same thing happened with school teachers.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ITT: Women and their simp attack dogs purposely missing the point and making it about career mentorship, when we know damn well that’s not what the tweet in the OP was about.

Then wondering why productive black men are starting to say “fukk it” and stop taking the “community” and conversations like this seriously. :ohhh:

She said “black boys are hurting” (an issue that’s addressed by fathers, typically). She did not say “black men need to offer mentorship to young black men in their career fields.” No logical or productive black man would have an issue with that statement.

The “solution” to the issue in the OP is what brehs are saying it is. Quit spreading your legs for fukking bums then crying to the “corny” responsible men that you curved about the outcome.

There was a thread on here a few weeks back about a clip that went viral, where a young black woman on a podcast was talking about how she lets bums hit immediately and she makes the men who she believes would be good partners wait.

People in that thread and even the comments of that video were talking about how it somehow makes sense, but that thought process proves our point.

It’s not about a lack of upstanding black men in the community. It’s about women purposely choosing to spread their legs for bums because “he can’t hurt them” (lie) which is really code for “he won’t hold me to any sort of standards like the responsible men will”.

They know who the productive men are and what they look like, they avoid them because they don’t want to be led. Then when shyt gets tough, it leads to tweets like that and threads like this. :pachaha:

And brehs are starting to catch on, thanks to black men, ironically, mentoring other black men.
LOL@this goofy shiit. Grown men mentoring grown men, who should know better, But won't mentor kids so that they won't be grown men who need mentoring,

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
LOL@this goofy shiit. Grown men mentoring grown men, who should know better, But won't mentor kids so that they won't be grown men who need mentoring,
What’s really goofy is a grown ass man using short hand like a teenage girl and lacking basic reading comprehension skills.

But I’m going to break it down for your stupid ass anyway, because I like to educate.

Just because someone enters a career field as an adult, does not mean they have all of the necessary skills to navigate within that field. Most people don’t.

Not only that, but when it comes to black men in particular we should be aiming to build for ourselves and hire other black men when we do, which is why I said no productive black man would have an issue providing mentorship within the context of a career field.

Outside of that, even if I wanted to, I don’t have time to be playing community stepdaddy and trying to “mentor” other people’s b*stard offspring.

This is how I’m able to tell the difference between those of us are actually productive vs. those of us who are online just talking.

I work 50 hours out of the week, at minimum, in my career field. I run a small business on the side that takes up another 10 hours of my time.

I spend another 6 hours (at least) out of the week in the gym, 2 hours in my boxing gym and an hour on food prep.

Throw in the fact that I have my own personal relationships I have to worry about maintaining, why the fukk do you assume men like me have time to be involving ourselves in fixing other people’s poor decision making?

Because yall yourselves ain’t shyt, which is why you’re online begging other people to save you from your poor choices. :umad:

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s really goofy is a grown ass man using short hand like a teenage girl and lacking basic reading comprehension skills.

But I’m going to break it down for your stupid ass anyway, because I like to educate.

Just because someone enters a career field as an adult, does not mean they have all of the necessary skills to navigate within that field. Most people don’t.

Not only that, but when it comes to black men in particular we should be aiming to build for ourselves and hire other black men when we do, which is why I said no productive black man would have an issue providing mentorship within the context of a career field.

Outside of that, even if I wanted to, I don’t have time to be playing community stepdaddy and trying to “mentor” other people’s b*stard offspring.

This is how I’m able to tell the difference between those of us are actually productive vs. those of us who are online just talking.

I work 50 hours out of the week, at minimum, in my career field. I run a small business on the side that takes up another 10 hours of my time.

I spend another 6 hours (at least) out of the week in the gym, 2 hours in my boxing gym and an hour on food prep.

Throw in the fact that I have my own personal relationships I have to worry about maintaining, why the fukk do you assume men like me have time to be involving ourselves in fixing other people’s poor decision making?

Because yall yourselves ain’t shyt, which is why you’re online begging other people to save you from your poor choices. :umad:
Build men as men, but don't build boys to be men. Gotcha.

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
Build men as men, but don't build boys to be men. Gotcha.

That is not even close to what Breh said, SMH

:snoop:

He says that he doesn't have the time to "Mentor Boys" as all of his time is already accounted for.

He has Zero obligations to mentor anyone adult or child that he is NOT Directly responsible for.

I see a lot of these conversations on here when a poster CLEARLY outlines the point they are making, then someone else twists the point, to try and make it seem like they are saying something other than what they ACTUALLY said, SMH!

I'm not against "Mentoring" Black Boys, or Young Black Men, I've done so in the past for both. As well as had older Black Men/Women "put me up on game" as a Child, and Young Adult.

What I AM against is Scapegoating Responsible Black Men/Women, for the POOR DECISIONS MADE by SOME IRRESPONSIBLE Black Women, and Men.

"Mentoring" STARTS PRE-CONCEPTION.

I've seen with my own eyes Some Women, choose the most irresponsible Men they could find, procreating with them.
Then continue to date/bring other irresponsible Men around their Children.
Those Men, almost always have a negative impact towards the children.

Any "Discussion" about "Mentoring Black Boys", that LEAVES OUT, Also "Mentoring Black Girls" is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

Why ONLY teach Black Boys to "Be Better", without also teaching Black Girls to "Choose Better"?

The whole idea that "Black Boys Are Hurting" leaves out that there are also "Black Girls Hurting".

The QUESTION that needs to be asked is WHY ARE THEY HURTING? and MORE IMPORTANTLY WHOSE FAULT IS IT?

The other issue is once a "Responsible" Black Man/Woman, mentors a Black Child, will the Parents UNDERMINE/SABOTAGE the work?

What point of anyone volunteering their time to help "Fix" a situation they AREN'T Responsible for, to only have the PARENTS FUKK IT UP AGAIN???

Once again I am NOT against "Mentoring" Black Children (Boys and Girls), but if a responsible Adult (Male or Female), mentors a Child, then there has be some sort of Guarantee, that the Parent(s), won't Fukk it up (AGAIN)!

Last edited:

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
That is not even close to what Breh said, SMH

:snoop:

He says that he doesn't have the time to "Mentor Boys" as all of his time is already accounted for.

He has Zero obligations to mentor anyone adult or child that he is NOT Directly responsible for.

I see a lot of these conversations on here when a poster CLEARLY outlines the point they are making, then someone else twists the point, to try and make it seem like they are saying something other than what they ACTUALLY said, SMH!

I'm not against "Mentoring" Black Boys, or Young Black Men, I've done so in the past for both. As well as had older Black Men/Women "put me up on game" as a Child, and Young Adult.

What I AM against is Scapegoating Responsible Black Men/Women, for the POOR DECISIONS MADE by SOME IRRESPONSIBLE Black Women, and Men.

"Mentoring" STARTS PRE-CONCEPTION.

I've seen with my own eyes Some Women, choose the most irresponsible Men they could find, procreating with them.
Then continue to date/bring other irresponsible Men around their Children.
Those Men, almost always have a negative impact towards the children.

Any "Discussion" about "Mentoring Black Boys", that LEAVES OUT, Also "Mentoring Black Girls" is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

Why ONLY teach Black Boys to "Be Better", without also teaching Black Girls to "Choose Better"?

The whole idea that "Black Boys Are Hurting" leaves out that there are also "Black Girls Hurting".

The QUESTION that needs to be asked is WHY ARE THEY HURTING? and MORE IMPORTANTLY WHOSE FAULT IS IT?

The other issue is once a "Responsible" Black Man/Woman, mentors a Black Child, will the Parents UNDERMINE/SABOTAGE the work?

What point of anyone volunteering their time to help "Fix" a situation they AREN'T Responsible for, to only have the PARENTS FUKK IT UP AGAIN???

Once again I am NOT against "Mentoring" Black Children (Boys and Girls), but if a responsible Adult (Male or Female), mentors a Child, then there has be some sort of Guarantee, that the Parent(s), won't Fukk it up (AGAIN)!
He (and I use that pronoun loosely because that might be a woman trolling) knows what I’m saying. They’re being purposely obtuse.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
ITT: Women and their simp attack dogs purposely missing the point and making it about career mentorship, when we know damn well that’s not what the tweet in the OP was about.

Then wondering why productive black men are starting to say “fukk it” and stop taking the “community” and conversations like this seriously. :ohhh:

She said “black boys are hurting” (an issue that’s addressed by fathers, typically). She did not say “black men need to offer mentorship to young black men in their career fields.” No logical or productive black man would have an issue with that statement.

The “solution” to the issue in the OP is what brehs are saying it is. Quit spreading your legs for fukking bums then crying to the “corny” responsible men that you curved about the outcome.

There was a thread on here a few weeks back about a clip that went viral, where a young black woman on a podcast was talking about how she lets bums hit immediately and she makes the men who she believes would be good partners wait.

People in that thread and even the comments of that video were talking about how it somehow makes sense, but that thought process proves our point.

It’s not about a lack of upstanding black men in the community. It’s about women purposely choosing to spread their legs for bums because “he can’t hurt them” (lie) which is really code for “he won’t hold me to any sort of standards like the responsible men will”.

They know who the productive men are and what they look like, they avoid them because they don’t want to be led. Then when shyt gets tough, it leads to tweets like that and threads like this. :pachaha:

And brehs are starting to catch on, thanks to black men, ironically, mentoring other black men.
:whoo::whoo:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Won't work for a few reasons:

Black women will continue to lay down with men that won't make good fathers or will likely be dead or in prison thus continuing the process of kids that need "mentoring"

Bum black men will continue to make kids they won't take care of thus creating more kids that need "mentoring"

Many young black boys look at the straight and narrow path as "cornball shyt" and "for lame nikkas"
Exactly