“Black men, please be a mentor. These boys out here are hurting. They need you.”

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You also got to factor in organizations being in the way of progression. 9 times out of 10, there's always a bullshyt budget that is more important, than helping the youth get through the bullshyt that comes with the inner-city.

Imagine if music programs, tech programs, and other forms of extracurricular activities get heavily funded from the school system all the way to the YMCA....this thread would have been an afterthought.

Then again, during the 2000s that's when programs started to be gutted, leading to the parents to go through the means of getting by. Thus, having children with the same curses but ten times more, all due to everything being on the internet but not in the classroom. When you have these barriers and generational curses, what is even a mentor nowadays, when the ones looking for a mentor are just as lost as this jawn asking men to become a mentor.

HOW THE fukk CAN A MAN BE A MENTOR IN THESE DIRE AFFAIRS?!

Hell my wife works with children suffering from autism (which is becoming a huge factor in the community that's often overlooked), she has horror stories for days with how the parents don't give a shyt, how the organizations focus on the buck than helping the children, and how much of a headache it is to keep a child on routine and have some higher up ruin it on purpose (like her current boss).

Its just a mess and I truly feel for these children. They are in a world with no GPS.

Hard facts. Non-profits and private instructors and mentors having to cover bases that the Public School system shoulda been doing. I've had to re-teach kids how to read, teach them how to play piano, teach them how to make resumes and teach them social skills. Ain't no way the robotics program of some random ass community center supposed to be demolishing one from a school, where they could literally get credit and access to scholarships from it.

I am only one nikka and I ain't fathered not nan one of these kids.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
U telling me to shut up but shut up those divestors and Cynthia G supporters who always talk about how bad black men are and how our statistics are when it comes to unemployment, absentee fatherhood, crime, incarceration, STD and HIV rates, etc.

Lecture those whores not us nikka.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Obtuse, pandering, simp.

It wasn't "Black boys need to learn a craft", "black boys need apprenticeships/internships".

It was black boys are hurting. That speaks to the problems you'd expect a father to address.

And shut up with this whining shyt.

Black boys do need productive Black men to look up to.

We are talking about solutions.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
And shut up with this whining shyt.

Black boys do need productive Black men to look up to.

We are talking about solutions.
Yeah, the solution is having picking the right father you stupid fukk.

The buck stops with the parents. What do you think happens when responsible black men spend their free time doing damage control?

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
ITT: Women and their simp attack dogs purposely missing the point and making it about career mentorship, when we know damn well that’s not what the tweet in the OP was about.

Then wondering why productive black men are starting to say “fukk it” and stop taking the “community” and conversations like this seriously. :ohhh:

She said “black boys are hurting” (an issue that’s addressed by fathers, typically). She did not say “black men need to offer mentorship to young black men in their career fields.” No logical or productive black man would have an issue with that statement.

The “solution” to the issue in the OP is what brehs are saying it is. Quit spreading your legs for fukking bums then crying to the “corny” responsible men that you curved about the outcome.

There was a thread on here a few weeks back about a clip that went viral, where a young black woman on a podcast was talking about how she lets bums hit immediately and she makes the men who she believes would be good partners wait.

People in that thread and even the comments of that video were talking about how it somehow makes sense, but that thought process proves our point.

It’s not about a lack of upstanding black men in the community. It’s about women purposely choosing to spread their legs for bums because “he can’t hurt them” (lie) which is really code for “he won’t hold me to any sort of standards like the responsible men will”.

They know who the productive men are and what they look like, they avoid them because they don’t want to be led. Then when shyt gets tough, it leads to tweets like that and threads like this. :pachaha:

And brehs are starting to catch on, thanks to black men, ironically, mentoring other black men.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
This tweet got the timeline going crazy lol. Thoughts?:wow:

Are any of you older brehs on mentoring younger guys?:jbhmm:

BREHS IS OUT HERE. THEY ARE IN CHURCH GROUPS. THEY ARE IN COMMUNITY OUTREACH GROUPS. PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE THEY AREN'T DOING ANY OUTREACH THEMSELVES.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
ITT: Women and their simp attack dogs purposely missing the point and making it about career mentorship, when we know damn well that’s not what the tweet in the OP was about.

Then wondering why productive black men are starting to say “fukk it” and stop taking the “community” and conversations like this seriously. :ohhh:

She said “black boys are hurting” (an issue that’s addressed by fathers, typically). She did not say “black men need to offer mentorship to young black men in their career fields.” No logical or productive black man would have an issue with that statement.

The “solution” to the issue in the OP is what brehs are saying it is. Quit spreading your legs for fukking bums then crying to the “corny” responsible men that you curved about the outcome.

And brehs are starting to catch on, thanks to black men, ironically, mentoring other black men.

Exactly

A mentor is there to give you advice on topics you may not be exposed to or guide you down certain paths. A mentor is not there every day keeping you on the right track, you meet with them sporadically.

Black boys that are "hurting" dont need a mentor what they need is a father. Like a lot of young men fresh out of college i thought i was going to go out here and help some of these boys who need to see a positive black man in the community. Well, let me tell you, i learned what a lot of black men know. The mothers are not looking for you to be a person who talks to their kid from time to time and lead by example, what they are looking for is a step father. I was legit asked what i had planned for someone for the summer because he needed to stay busy and she didnt have much money to provide the experience he should have. WHERE THAT BOY DAD AT? :mjtf:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
All I’m gonna say is this. At this point in life, it’s hard enough steering your own children down the right path with all these bad examples and filth out here. I’ve seen men lose their own household while they were busy trying to save somebody else’s

I got family trying to do that to me right now. Nah fam, you busted that nut not me, that little nikka hate both of us

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Exactly

A mentor is there to give you advice on topics you may not be exposed to or guide you down certain paths. A mentor is not there every day keeping you on the right track, you meet with them sporadically.

Black boys that are "hurting" dont need a mentor what they need is a father. Like a lot of young men fresh out of college i thought i was going to go out here and help some of these boys who need to see a positive black man in the community. Well, let me tell you, i learned what a lot of black men know. The mothers are not looking for you to be a person who talks to their kid from time to time and lead by example, what they are looking for is a step father. I was legit asked what i had planned for someone for the summer because he needed to stay busy and she didnt have much money to provide the experience he should have. WHERE THAT BOY DAD AT? :mjtf:
YOU ARE CORRECT BUT WHAT TO DO WHEN THERE IS NO FATHER? CAN'T JUST DISCARD THOSE KIDS. IS IT SOMEBODYS FAULT? YEP. WHO'S FAULT? DOESN'T MATTER. THE SOLUTION SHOULD BE THE FOCAL POINT.

THERE ARE MEN WHO ARE WILLING TO STAND FOR THESE BOYS. AND THEY DO.

PLUGGING THE HOLE THAT CREATES THIS MESS IS ANOTHER TOPIC AND SHOULDN'T BE MIXED WITH THIS.