“Black men, please be a mentor. These boys out here are hurting. They need you.”

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I've been a mentor for years. The youth really do appreciate and need the guidance of adults that aren't always their parents.

With that said, the BIGGEST barrier to proper mentorship is often the parents. Mothers and Fathers. There ALWAYS should be a certain amount of vetting when it comes to mentorship and I always welcomed conversations and transparency with parents. But, too many times I've had parent get angry because their kid isn't in a sport. Or isn't at home being a free baby sitter for younger siblings or serving as their emotional punching bag. Idk about that twitter post, but parents can still be massive roadblocks in their own kids lives sometimes.

Mentoring a 17-19 year old might be "easier" but it's so much more impactful to expose a kid that's 12 or 13 to things like robotics, programming, creative writing or something like that. Those become interests they retain deep into adult hood.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My dad was a mentor 15 years ago to a few teenagers and I salute him cause some of them will test your patience and you gotta have thick skin.

Afer that he worked in JOB CORPS for a few years and did his best to turn some of them demonic teenagers around. He always told me crazy stories.

He dealt with all that stress and didn't lose 1 inch of his hairline. :wow:

Your pops was a hero. Real talk

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I've been a mentor for years. The youth really do appreciate and need the guidance of adults that aren't always their parents.

With that said, the BIGGEST barrier to proper mentorship is often the parents. Mothers and Fathers. There ALWAYS should be a certain amount of vetting when it comes to mentorship and I always welcomed conversations and transparency with parents. But, too many times I've had parent get angry because their kid isn't in a sport. Or isn't at home being a free baby sitter for younger siblings or serving as their emotional punching bag. Idk about that twitter post, but parents can still be massive roadblocks in their own kids lives sometimes.

Mentoring a 17-19 year old might be "easier" but it's so much more impactful to expose a kid that's 12 or 13 to things like robotics, programming, creative writing or something like that. Those become interests they retain deep into adult hood.

You also got to factor in organizations being in the way of progression. 9 times out of 10, there's always a bullshyt budget that is more important, than helping the youth get through the bullshyt that comes with the inner-city.

Imagine if music programs, tech programs, and other forms of extracurricular activities get heavily funded from the school system all the way to the YMCA....this thread would have been an afterthought.

Then again, during the 2000s that's when programs started to be gutted, leading to the parents to go through the means of getting by. Thus, having children with the same curses but ten times more, all due to everything being on the internet but not in the classroom. When you have these barriers and generational curses, what is even a mentor nowadays, when the ones looking for a mentor are just as lost as this jawn asking men to become a mentor.

HOW THE fukk CAN A MAN BE A MENTOR IN THESE DIRE AFFAIRS?!

Hell my wife works with children suffering from autism (which is becoming a huge factor in the community that's often overlooked), she has horror stories for days with how the parents don't give a shyt, how the organizations focus on the buck than helping the children, and how much of a headache it is to keep a child on routine and have some higher up ruin it on purpose (like her current boss).

Its just a mess and I truly feel for these children. They are in a world with no GPS.

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
I gotta call cap.

For starters thats a little too on the nose. Thats either a woman joking or a man/agent trying to stir the pot.

Secondly its not true. Chicks be wanting their kid to be like his dad...or what they think he is. When the nikka turns out to be a deadbeat this changes. Or she was enjoying the dikk and never thought about him being her chillds father.
Nope shes real and wasnt joking

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Nope shes real and wasnt joking

Talk about trauma-posting. Goodness gracious. These people always end up worse off because they either live as hypocrites and trolls or live by what they say and fukk themselves even more. It's a cursed existence.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I got two younger brothers that I do that for already, the other younger dudes in my family around my age are on point already, why because we all had our fathers around :yeshrug:Black women have to choose those types of dudes from the jump or else this is all moot/pointless
Yes some black women need to choose better but some of us black men need to be better and give them better men to pick from.

But I do think women need to choose better as well.

Us black mennas a collective have less than desirable statistics which black male hating groups like the divestors use against us.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yes some black women need to choose better but some of us black men need to be better and give them better men to pick from.

But I do think women need to choose better as well.

Us black mennas a collective have less than desirable statistics which black male hating groups like the divestors use against us.

nikka shut the fukk up. Most Black Men don't have kids. We are doing what we are supposed to do, go lecture these hoes.

:russ:

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
nikka shut the fukk up. Most Black Men don't have kids. We are doing what we are supposed to do, go lecture these hoes.

:russ:
U telling me to shut up but shut up those divestors and Cynthia G supporters who always talk about how bad black men are and how our statistics are when it comes to unemployment, absentee fatherhood, crime, incarceration, STD and HIV rates, etc.