Black Men need to "Man-Up", mentor these lil nigglets out chea.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Shaming grown people has everything to do with the kids. The reason they feel their behavior is ok (have kids that they don't properly care for) is because as a community we accept that type of behavior. We accept that behavior so much that instead of placing the responsibility of raising those children to the ones who brought them into the world, we have people like you advocating that it's everyone else's responsibility to pick up the slack. In our culture, being a single mom is not a bad thing.

You know the easiest way to build wealth in the black community? Have black mothers and fathers work together and combine their income for the benefit of their family and the community. Instead of paying living expenses, money can be pooled for the benefit of the family. You want to tackle the economic problem in our community? Tackle the single parent households.

The reason these kids have nothing to look forward to, is because they don't have a mother and father in the home to raise them properly. You can't ignore that fact. We have a culture of irresponsibility from both the men and women. And instead of dealing with that issue, you'd rather those who've behaved responsibility to fix the mess the idiots caused.

My point is we need to do both. It's easier to change the kids than the adults. So if we help the kids to grow up and be good parents of their own then the problem will be fixed. As opposed to calling people deadbeats and thinking they are gonna change their ways.

The cycle has to be broken bad parents raise bad kids who become bad parents. It is easier to step in at the level where the kids are receptive to change.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
You are not enabling anyone. If a kids parents ain't shyt, you helping the kid won't make them any less aint shyt.

If you don't want to help then stay out of it. But adding more negativity to the situation by pointing fingers only increases the divide and exacerbates the problem.

A big problem with these kids is they don't see a way out. "Why try hard in school if I'm still gone be stuck here anyway" people like you pointing fingers and not helping only reinforces these ideas. On the other hand if you show them hope, and a chance to get out of their situation they will respect you for it and work hard to make it.

That's part of the muhfukkin problem. People DON'T want to point the finger. The bytch that wrote this shyt pointed the finger at black males. So it's only just and fair that someone points the finger at these ain't shyt ass black females. And I'm not one of those female bashers on here. I'm an equal opportunist. Some bytches ain't shyt. And I'm not speaking on the kids, but when did it become ok to be coddled as an adult?

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

That comment was directed to the people who it applies to. Anyway I don't see how me not caring if the world ends has anything to do with my knowledge on the subject of this thread.

It has nothing to do with the thread at all. I just it was funny when I read that shyt. That's all.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's part of the muhfukkin problem. People DON'T want to point the finger. The bytch that wrote this shyt pointed the finger at black males. So it's only just and fair that someone points the finger at these ain't shyt ass black females. And I'm not one of those female bashers on here. I'm an equal opportunist. Some bytches ain't shyt. And I'm not speaking on the kids, but when did it become ok to be coddled as an adult?

Pointing fingers never helped anyone. In the article I didn't feel like any fingers were pointed, to me it was a call to arms for those of us who can help the situation.

If the biggest problem in the black communty is no male role models than the solution must be to add some male roll models back into the situation.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Dont feed the troll you dummy

----------------------------

Regarding all the other shyt

Point of the article is we have problems stemming from the lack of black male role models in the community

A lot of black kids dont have a positive male influence, and its in everyone interest, including yours, to try to step in and make sure they have them

Who should be the positive male influence in these boys lives? Me or their fathers? I'm going to keep reiterating my point. The lack of positive male role models is directly related to the lack of men not being in their children lives. That's the fundamental issue and that's the point I'm going to keep bringing up.

Women need to make better choices in the men they have babies with so that they don't chose a man who's not going to be a good father to her children.

Men need to make better choices in the women they have babies with so that they don't chose a women who's not going to be a good mother to his children.

Until that fundamental breakdown of the core of our culture is addressed, nothing will be resolved.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
My point is we need to do both. It's easier to change the kids than the adults. So if we help the kids to grow up and be good parents of their own then the problem will be fixed. As opposed to calling people deadbeats and thinking they are gonna change their ways.

The cycle has to be broken bad parents raise bad kids who become bad parents. It is easier to step in at the level where the kids are receptive to change.

We're not doing both. We're not shining the spot light on women who's making bad decisions in the men they decide to date. What we're doing is looking for a scapegoat to a problem instead of the solution. There's only one way to fix this issue. Make it so it's shameful to be a single mother and that it's shameful to not be an active father.

I'm 30 years and I rarely see anyone in any position of authority come out and say the problem is our women need to stop getting pregnant by men who have no desire to be a father.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Pointing fingers never helped anyone. In the article I didn't feel like any fingers were pointed, to me it was a call to arms for those of us who can help the situation.

If the biggest problem in the black communty is no male role models than the solution must be to add some male roll models back into the situation.

The biggest problem in the black community is no fathers. Bringing a mentor into the picture isn't going to fix that. The reason there's such a lack of male role models is not because single men with no children aren't mentoring boys. The problem is that black men and women are being irresponsible when it comes to who they have children with.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We're not doing both? We're shining the spot light on women who's making bad decisions in the men they decide to date. What we're doing is looking for a scapegoat to a problem instead of the solution. There's only one way to fix this issue. Make it so it's shameful to be a single mother and that it's shameful to not be an active father.

I'm 30 years and I rarely see anyone in any position of authority come out and say the problem is our women need to stop getting pregnant by men who have no desire to be a father.

Your too stuck on trying to place the blame as opposed to fixing the problem. Yes women should pick better males and men should take care of their kids. In the meantime it's beneficial for everyone if their kids grow up to be productive members of society as opposed to criminals and baby mommas.

Shaming people won't make them change their ways. Like I said pointing fingers has never helped anyone.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The biggest problem in the black community is no fathers. Bringing a mentor into the picture isn't going to fix that. The reason there's such a lack of male role models is not because single men with no children aren't mentoring boys. The problem is that black men and women are being irresponsible when it comes to who they have children with.

Standing on the sidelines calling people deadbeats and skeezers won't bring fathers back into the communty either. But raising boys who want to be responsible fathers, and girls who are looking for that type of guy will.

How do we raise that type of child if the parents are fukked up already?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
This is the 2nd time I've seen you do this shyt. Take a tidbit of a thread and run with it. Homie clearly stated all circumstances ain't the same (the part about being a political prisoner and such). If you want to make a valid argument , stop playing politics and respond only to what you don't agree with and try arguing against his entire post.

The whole premise of dude's post was based on that idea

Why dive into the rest of it if I don't agree w/ground zero?

Breh, these women could have all been saints who got duped by some magical negro who flip flopped on and and the issue would still be the same. If you're irresponsible in choosing the person you let nut inside of you, YOU deal with the consequences. As a women, she's the one who should be more careful about who is the father of her child. And as a man, he should be more careful in who'll be the mother of his child.

Again, we can continue to ignore the fact in the black culture, single parent homes are probably the biggest cancer facing us.

:aicmon:

So you are saying, no matter how the chick ended up as a single mom, its her fault. I just want to get a concrete answer.

Who should be the positive male influence in these boys lives? Me or their fathers? I'm going to keep reiterating my point. The lack of positive male role models is directly related to the lack of men not being in their children lives. That's the fundamental issue and that's the point I'm going to keep bringing up.

Women need to make better choices in the men they have babies with so that they don't chose a man who's not going to be a good father to her children.

Men need to make better choices in the women they have babies with so that they don't chose a women who's not going to be a good mother to his children.

Until that fundamental breakdown of the core of our culture is addressed, nothing will be resolved.

Yes most of the responsibility comes back to the parents. But I think as a community we have a responsibility to each other. You do too, otherwise you wouldn't be here talking about it, doing what you feel is your part.

Heres my problem with your approach though. You're an armchair activist. You claim to care about the black community, but all you want to do to fix it is spew self-serving judgments of others from behind the safety of a computer. Its tired. Yes the situation is fukked up, yes the father should be there, but at the end of the day we are all black people, and if that matters to you at all then you know helping each other... genuinely helping each other, not just passing judgment and serving your own ego under the guise of "tough love"/"real talk"... is in our true best interest. So miss me with all this garbage... either get your hands dirty... or keep your opinions to yourself... stop trying to have your cake and eat it too

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Your too stuck on trying to place the blame as opposed to fixing the problem. Yes women should pick better males and men should take care of their kids. In the meantime it's beneficial for everyone if their kids grow up to be productive members of society as opposed to criminals and baby mommas.

Shaming people won't make them change their ways. Like I said pointing fingers has never helped anyone.

So I should ignore the people who made the problem, and tell those who have nothing to do with it to clean up the mess?

What's beneficial for society AND the kids is that they live in a household where both parents are around. Every single point you brought up could be resolved if the focus were placed on both parents being in their kids lives.

The boys will have a positive male role model because their pops is there.
The daughters will have a positive male role model because their pops is there.
The household will be wealthier because the pops is there.
The community will be stronger economically and more in tact because the pops is there.

I'll ask you one basic question. As a community, is being a single mother looked at negatively?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
So I should ignore the people who made the problem, and tell those who have nothing to do with it to clean up the mess?

What's beneficial for society AND the kids is that they live in a household where both parents are around. Every single point you brought up could be resolved if the focus were placed on both parents being in their kids lives.

The boys will have a positive male role model because their pops is there.
The daughters will have a positive male role model because their pops is there.
The household will be wealthier because the pops is there.
The community will be stronger economically and more in tact because the pops is there.

I'll ask you one basic question. As a community, is being a single mother looked at negatively?
How exactly do you propose we "punish" single moms?

How exactly do you propose we force the fathers back into the picture?

What exactly are you doing to this end beyond posting on the Coli about it?

How is this a better way to spend time than influencing these kids to not make the mistakes their parents made?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
So you are saying, no matter how the chick ended up as a single mom, its her fault. I just want to get a concrete answer.

I'm saying regardless of if the bytch was mother teresa or the biggest hoe on the block, it's every adult's responsibility to make sure they pick a proper mate. If you are irresponsible and get a fukked up individual pregnant, you're to blame.

I don't play the whole "I'm a victim" game. You're an adult, you and only you made the fukked up decision to sleep with someone of poor character, and you're the one that's gonna have to deal with the mistakes you've made. Not me.

BlackElitism

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Washington, DC

I agree with you but don't dismiss the power of mentoring. When I walked into a church this past Sunday(had not been there in about a year) and some of the teenage boys were commenting on my shoes(Allen Edmonds :whew:) their eyes were lighting up to have a discussion with me. They all gathered around me, most towering me, listening to my advice about career and life. They had so many questions about college and these are boys going into the 2nd semester of their junior years in high-school. :damn:

Where are the guidance counselors?

What are the teachers telling these kids?

Don't dismiss your influence man. These boys are watching you man whether you accept that or not. You don't have to feed and clothe the kids, but giving a young kid your number and letting him know he can call and ask for advice at any moment is powerful man. It's powerful.