Black Men need to "Man-Up", mentor these lil nigglets out chea.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
I mentor every chance I get. I run into a lot of males(mostly from different churches) who have little positive male role models in their 20's who are doing well for themselves. That's where I come in. I ask them about their future plans and give them my number.

Mostly the questions are about college, how to pay for it, military options, etc. I feel it is my duty to look out for these kids because I had someone look out for me. Although it was my father, not everyone is blessed. I didn't read the original article so I'm not sure if this guy is asking something ridiculous like only dating single mothers. :whoa:

pops was on my head too
but he always told me i was blessed and i gotta realize alotta lil nikkas aint got no pops

i got bros been there since day 1. never met they pops
or they pops been locked up.

lil nikkas get depressed about shyt like that
they get angry that shyt hurt

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
So a dude who doesn't raise his kid has no responsibility for how the kid turns out?
Caslin highlights the Big Brothers Big Sisters program in Atlanta and points out that of the 455 children waiting to be matched with mentors, 95-percent were male and 77-percent were black. So what’s the hold up? The Big Brothers Big Sisters programs says they need more African-American male mentors to volunteer.

Where is the father to take care of these kids and guide them? Why should another gong brother have to be "responsible" and "man up" and do this job? Where is mama? And why the fukk she always need a shoulder to lean on? And why she don't get a :snoop: for fukking with Pookie knowing damn well he been the neighborhood dope man since she was a lil girl?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So a dude who doesn't raise his kid has no responsibility for how the kid turns out?
Where is the father to take care of these kids and guide them? Why should another gong brother have to be "responsible" and "man up" and do this job? Where is mama? And why the fukk she always need a shoulder to lean on? And why she don't get a :snoop: for fukking with Pookie knowing damn well he been the neighborhood dope man since she was a lil girl?

None of that matters because none of it is the kids fault. If you wanna complain about the situation or scold the parents you should be helping the kids, if not you aren't helping the situation, only making it worse.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

None of that matters because none of it is the kids fault. If you wanna complain about the situation or scold the parents you should be helping the kids, if not you aren't helping the situation, only making it worse.

So I blame the parents by helping the kids which makes me nothing more than an enabler for mama?

Nothing matter how you spin it, I just can't agree with it. And a lot of it has to do with my moms working her entire adult life to make sure me and my bro were comfortable.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Really? Why is that troglodyte?
Dont feed the troll you dummy

----------------------------

Regarding all the other shyt

Point of the article is we have problems stemming from the lack of black male role models in the community

A lot of black kids dont have a positive male influence, and its in everyone interest, including yours, to try to step in and make sure they have them

Nobody is saying to raise these kids, just take a couple of hours out of your week to mentor them

I am guessing you nikkas don't volunteer or give back in any capacity so the thought of doing something in the interest of the greater good or that isn't beneficial to someone besides yourself is foreign/frightening

But its not a bad thing

What do you have to lose besides your time, and what are you doing that is so important? Posting on The Coli? Watching the game? Clubbing? There is so much more to life than leisure and self

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
We also used to shame people for their poor decisions that fukk up not only their lives, but the lives of their children as well.

it'd be one thing if these nikkas was fatherless because their pops got murked in the movement, got locked up as a political prisoner, or some shyt like that. But that ain't the case. You got irresponsible bytches, fukking irresponsible nikkas, and wanting the responsible among us to be burdened with their mistakes.

fukk that, until women start shaming other women for being single mothers, and nikkas start putting the beats on nikkas for running out on they seeds, my black ass ain't gon do shyt :stopitslime:

So every single black mom knowingly laid up with a deadbeat? Can you back this up w/some stats?

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
You guys realize this thread is old and you guys are saying the same shyt you said when this thread was first made, right?

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
So every single black mom knowingly laid up with a deadbeat? Can you back this up w/some stats?

This is the 2nd time I've seen you do this shyt. Take a tidbit of a thread and run with it. Homie clearly stated all circumstances ain't the same (the part about being a political prisoner and such). If you want to make a valid argument , stop playing politics and respond only to what you don't agree with and try arguing against his entire post.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So I blame the parents by helping the kids which makes me nothing more than an enabler for mama?

Nothing matter how you spin it, I just can't agree with it. And a lot of it has to do with my moms working her entire adult life to make sure me and my bro were comfortable.

You are not enabling anyone. If a kids parents ain't shyt, you helping the kid won't make them any less aint shyt.

If you don't want to help then stay out of it. But adding more negativity to the situation by pointing fingers only increases the divide and exacerbates the problem.

A big problem with these kids is they don't see a way out. "Why try hard in school if I'm still gone be stuck here anyway" people like you pointing fingers and not helping only reinforces these ideas. On the other hand if you show them hope, and a chance to get out of their situation they will respect you for it and work hard to make it.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Shaming grown people has nothing to do with the kids. The sad fact is that the kids are already here and we will have to deal with them one way or another. Either that's helping them while they are young, so they can be productive members of society. Or it's dealing with them later when they are committing crimes and having needy children of their own.

Shaming grown people has everything to do with the kids. The reason they feel their behavior is ok (have kids that they don't properly care for) is because as a community we accept that type of behavior. We accept that behavior so much that instead of placing the responsibility of raising those children to the ones who brought them into the world, we have people like you advocating that it's everyone else's responsibility to pick up the slack. In our culture, being a single mom is not a bad thing.

I say it's beneficial for us to have as many black people doing well as possible, so we can start to build wealth and progress within our own community. Mentoring is a good way to touch lives and assist these kids who have nothing positive to look forward to. Yes it's their parents responsibilty, but its also not the kids fault if their parents don't handle their responsibilities.

You know the easiest way to build wealth in the black community? Have black mothers and fathers work together and combine their income for the benefit of their family and the community. Instead of paying living expenses, money can be pooled for the benefit of the family. You want to tackle the economic problem in our community? Tackle the single parent households.

The reason these kids have nothing to look forward to, is because they don't have a mother and father in the home to raise them properly. You can't ignore that fact. We have a culture of irresponsibility from both the men and women. And instead of dealing with that issue, you'd rather those who've behaved responsibility to fix the mess the idiots caused.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
My first time seeing this thread.

Ain't you the nikka that said 12/21/2012 not to let you down?
That comment was directed to the people who it applies to. Anyway I don't see how me not caring if the world ends has anything to do with my knowledge on the subject of this thread.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Breh, these women could have all been saints who got duped by some magical negro who flip flopped on and and the issue would still be the same. If you're irresponsible in choosing the person you let nut inside of you, YOU deal with the consequences. As a women, she's the one who should be more careful about who is the father of her child. And as a man, he should be more careful in who'll be the mother of his child.

Again, we can continue to ignore the fact in the black culture, single parent homes are probably the biggest cancer facing us.