Black masculinity will be the theme of the 3rd season of Insecure

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
I disagree with describing toxic femininity with being "too nice". Too passive is more apt. To see great examples of toxic femininity look at white women who are projected in this society as the quintessential feminine ideal.

Again, I hate to go into it here, because it just helps to deflect from the topic at hand which is toxic masculinity in the black community. People want to bring up toxic femininity and white men but that's not what thread is about.

Of course cacs are going to be placed as the ideal, its their kingdom. Funny how toxic masculinity is placed on black men while toxic femininity is placed on white women lol

Cacs are just using characters lie Issa Rae to tear down black men and the gender roles in society. Theres no such thing as toxic masculinity seeing as the things you'll explain it as can be tied to other issues..

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Instead of dismissing women and saying toxic masculinity doesn't exist, but at the same time saying toxic femininity does why not speak on and condemn both?
Why not dead the concern trolling and say both don't exist?
Something made up by white males that has nothing to do with "now and us" vs a list of behaviors that match negative behaviors we tend to ignore in favor of an easier target?
Or using repurposed (racist)"black bogeyman" rape hysteria from the 30s but slapping a new label on it? How about "unpacking" this "toxic" "misogynoir" nonsense...and throwing it away altogether?

Daps
Reppin
"toxic masculinity" is remixed. You can't just hijack some cacmen describing their lives and paste it over nikkas because "intersectional theory".
That has already been thoroughly debunked.
These women's studies glossary words are easy to break down and discard as nonsense. They're based off of weak foundations. Y'all get challenged by ONE nikka just to fold into insults and concessions because you know it's all pop sociology dressed up in activism.

Caprisun

All Star
Daps
The ORIGIN OF THE TERM "TOXIC MASCULINITY" - The etymology of the term can be traced not to academia, but to the rise of the Mythopoetic men’s movement of the ’80s and ’90s — a response to the cultural shift second-wave feminism brought about — where men bonded often in the wilderness and in sweat lodges to attempt to rediscover their “deep masculinity.” The movement was bolstered in large part by Robert Bly’s book Iron John,” in which he asserted that the feminist movement caused men to examine their feminine sides to the detriment of their male rituals.:hhh:

They can't even write their own bars, but I'd expect that from women who think of themselves as Lauryn Hill 2.5 septum edition. She got sued and "shamed" out of a career. :yeshrug:

It came from cacmen talking about themselves reacting to feminism. That proves 2 things:
1.Black men are ultra late in reaction to this nonsense, but are some how the face of alleged "toxic masculinity". A term stolen from a cac men's activism group, remixed by white women, and then remixed by black women a whole 20 years later.:mjlol:
2.Black feminists haven't come up with a single idea on their own. "Rape Culture" is another doubly-hijacked term.:stopitslime:

"Rape Culture" was the title of a documentary about DC Jail in 1974. African American MEN dealing with the aftermath of being raped in prison, and African American women running the DC Rape Crisis Center.
No p*ssy hats, no yassqueen, no septum rings, no signs, no buzzwords, no thinkpieces, just a documentary about institutionalized men victimizing other institutionalized men about 40 years ago. Everything is repurposed for new agendas by people who hide their entitlement, sense of superiority, and depression in regards to a LACK....with false concern, "ACTORvism", and obfuscation techniques such as: "Google is your friend"/Buzzword Copypaste/Group chat strategy/hidden information exchange. We are quite obviously not on one accord.

:ohhh:Its part of pattern like you was talking about earlier. Same strategy they did with Blm.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Of course cacs are going to be placed as the ideal, its their kingdom. Funny how toxic masculinity is placed on black men while toxic femininity is placed on white women lol

Cacs are just using characters lie Issa Rae to tear down black men and the gender roles in society. Theres no such thing as toxic masculinity seeing as the things you'll explain it as can be tied to other issues..
The term toxic masculinity is used with men of all races. (See incels, Elliot Rodgers, white frat boys, God of War, etc.)

Whenever black people talk about black men, (within the context of the black community), it's seen as an attack and men get defensive. I understand why, but things will never change if people are always ready to blame the next person instead of being open-minded, empathetic, understanding and taking self-evaluation and accountability.

Which is why I try not to have these conversations on platforms such as this. I also know the men who need to hear this are less likely to recieve it from a woman. I just put the information out there and share my perspective for those interested.

Lastly, black males (and females) being a symbol of hypermasculinity is a tale as old as racism. I made several posts on the topic, it goes back to ancient greece and why their statues of men have such small penises and why white people, males especially are facinated by black penises.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
16 pages? Damn the fear coming off this thread is a terrible look.

Daps
Reppin
16 pages? Damn the fear coming off this thread is a terrible look.
:mjlol:predictable techniques
See what I mean by #thepattern?
Nobody has given any indicator of emotional distress, yet and still...the shaming tactics persist. Here's another one:

Charge of Cowardice (Code Yellow)

Discussion: The target is accused of having an unjustifiable fear of women. Examples:

• “You need to get over your fear.”
  • “Step up and take a chance like a man!”
  • “You’re afraid of a strong woman!”

:sas2:#thepattern is undefeated, insurmountable, and powerful.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
One day y'all are gonna learn these broads are just a very vocal minority.

Its too many women out here that are just fine with men being men.

Even toxic feminist women want men to be men

LAVENDER

Rookie
Daps
My views and feminist views differ when it comes to things such as "misogynoir" and "toxicity", it's idiotic to say that black men hate or "opress" black women. But we can't deny that hypermasculinity is prevalent in our community whether is it from childhood trauma, poverty, racism etc. it does exist. Black men have been told since childhood that masculinity is "men dont cry" "men don't show emotions" and that when they become adults have to constantly reinforce their masculinity to the point it does become pathological. Many men fall into alcoholism and even become abusive themselves because of this. The black feminist that express their hatred for black men will always be given a platform over the ones that don't.

Why not dead the concern trolling and say both don't exist?
Something made up by white males that has nothing to do with "now and us" vs a list of behaviors that match negative behaviors we tend to ignore in favor of an easier target?
Or using repurposed (racist)"black bogeyman" rape hysteria from the 30s but slapping a new label on it? How about "unpacking" this "toxic" "misogynoir" nonsense...and throwing it away altogether?

Last edited: