Black masculinity will be the theme of the 3rd season of Insecure

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
"toxic feminity would be caring too much"
Actually, the manipulation and loaded social bias within that statement will clue you in on "toxic femininity".
Toxic feminity is:
"Mean girls" social exclusion culture...making bash pages, legit attemping to get lower level women to kill themselves.
Using proxy violence to control men's behavior.
Castrating/Beating/abusing sons.
Setting men up to get robbed.
Using certain men for utility and others for enforcement, and yet others for pleasure.
Yeah, it's caring too much: about going out, attaining more social status, and hiding a child at home so you can be seen.
Toxic feminity is putting dope in your son's hands and telling him he's man of the house.
Toxic feminity is being able to smoke crack through the whole 90s, have your grandparents raise the kids, and have your huge segment of the population wiped from the general memory because "dear mama".
Toxic feminity is using Skinner Operant Conditioning in R&B format.
"She want a soldier and no scrub, pay my bills, and don't bug me" became a culture. R&B is "resonation" music. If they can't relate or emulate, it ain't gonna hit.
Y'all keep on being fools and looking at things from a suburban blackface perspective.
The Black community is doomed BW have pretty much became dark skinned white women, its funny how all the bullshyt they're following is one of the main reasons why MGTOW, low birth rates and IR dating is increasing amongst whites, the same rhetoric they're spitting out is why White Men have started to leave white women for Asians, im just sitting back :popcorn3:waiting how this shyt play out i cant imagine how fukked up the Black Community will be 10-15 years from now.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
But you're not a feminist, right?

Nope. Are you?

The term toxic masculinity is used with men of all races. (See incels, Elliot Rodgers, white frat boys, God of War, etc.)

Whenever black people talk about black men, (within the context of the black community), it's seen as an attack and men get defensive. I understand why, but things will never change if people are always ready to blame the next person instead of being open-minded, empathetic, understanding and taking self-evaluation and accountability.

Which is why I try not to have these conversations on platforms such as this. I also know the men who need to hear this are less likely to recieve it from a woman. I just put the information out there and share my perspective for those interested.

Lastly, black males (and females) being a symbol of hypermasculinity is a tale as old as racism. I made several posts on the topic, it goes back to ancient greece and why their statues of men have such small penises and why white people, males especially are facinated by black penises.

In this instance its used against black men. And its cacs putting the battery in Issa Rae's back to do so.

Black men are being attacked moreso than any group in America so thats the reason for the defense. I agree that being open-minded (to a degree) and self evaluating and taking accountability. With that said, that still doesnt address how society is trying to destroy gender roles. And thats the problem. The things that people bring up (such as gangs) isnt toxic masculinity but is a result of other factors such as poverty, lack of structured families/cultures, mental slavery etc... The "toxic masculinity" being passed around is really just masculinity. That is what society is trying to destroy while they try to destroy femininity through the way of feminism...

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
fucing pathetic.....this agenda shyt is going too far. Not surprised coming from Issa tho...

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
My views and feminist views differ when it comes to things such as "misogynoir" and "toxicity", it's idiotic to say that black men hate or "opress" black women. But we can't deny that hypermasculinity is prevalent in our community whether is it from childhood trauma, poverty, racism etc. it does exist. Black men have been told since childhood that masculinity is "men dont cry" "men don't show emotions" and that when they become adults have to constantly reinforce their masculinity to the point it does become pathological. Many men fall into alcoholism and even become abusive themselves because of this. The black feminist that express their hatred for black men will always be given a platform over the ones that don't.

Stop with the armchair psychology. Men are on average less emotional than women. Women, on average, are more emotional than men. This isnt "toxic" but is just the way things are. Men are protectors, women are nurturers. Society is trying to destroy that and muddy the waters so as to create disorder/chaos.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
ask yourself why that sketch exist and also don't try and use individual cases of women committing a violent crime to try and prove a point, you just come across as a moron
A "nikka moment" isnt contained to just black men, poor black women can be just as violent and/or destructive.

What's happening is you're trying to conflate black masculinity with black poverty.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I happy to see the second chart but Why did you post it. I wasn’t talking about men who actually actively in there children lives. I said 90’s black generation has a lot of Fatherless kids.
To show that despite the stereotype of black men abandoning their families, they actually spend more time with their children than other races. Also it's only a small minority that's not in their children's life but black men have the stereotype of being horrible or absent fathers for some reason.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
If straight black men are so "toxic", what exactly should be done to us? What's the solution?
:jbhmm:

@LAVENDER @Mountain @CinnaSlim
*Please read my previous posts, in regards to your first sentence in this post*

• Lower expectations. Black people aren't magical or superheroes. They are human.
  • Holistic approach. Recognize and show value in embracing feminine energy. Opening up, being vulnerable, expressing emotions, showing affection. Take care of your appearance and your health. Take time to self-reflect and priotize your mental health.
  • Respect females and femininity in general.

Daps
To show that despite the stereotype of black men abandoning their families, they actually spend more time with their children than other races. Also it's only a small minority that's not in their children's life but black men have the stereotype of being horrible or absent fathers for some reason.

Again. I have a great father and I know plenty of men I can rely on but it doesn’t change my point that there a large percentage of a generation without father. Men who didn’t step up.