black feminism/womanism thread

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
Is negro supposed to be an insult? You said that black women don't face oppression in the US which is CLEARLY a lie.

1 in 6 women will experience an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime. That is clearly an epidemic.
Do u take it as an insult negro?

that number is BS since every third of those is a false accusation

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
But, I am a black woman, and not only am I paid less than a white woman I am also paid less than a black male. I think it's cute that you'll acknowledge that white women make more than black males, but not that black males make more than black women.

Considering that black men kill infinitely more black women than whites do maybe it is.

Your trolling is off the chain.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I don't understand why there cannot be a positive dialogue about feminism without people bashing it. Promoting gender equality for our sisters does not threaten me, my masculinity, or masculinity in general. I just don't understand how we can be out here saying black lives matter and than turn around and say our sisters dont deserve to be treated the same as us.

For the men criticizing Black feminism, why? What threat does black feminism present to you?
None, black feminism is a good thing.

Black misandrists who try to hop on the movement to go at black men is who I have an issue with.

I refuse to be the pawn of a black misandrists and black feminists should hate them too for polluting their movement.

Digga38

Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
:deadmanny: You are one of the best advocates for feminism/womanism that I've ever seen.
and you are a prime example of a woman who has lost they true purpose....
how am i holding you back a woman that you need feminism?

http://www.slate.com/articles/doubl...ns_why_must_be_pretend_they_never_happen.html

In fact, as Emily Bazelon and Rachael Larimore wrote in Slate five years ago, official data on what law enforcement terms “unfounded” rape reports (that is, ones in which the police determine that no crime occurred) yield conflicting numbers, depending on local policies and procedures—averaging 8 percent to 10 percent of all reported rapes.

The scandal at Ohio University last fall is an example of this.* A female student who was caught on camera in a drunken public sex act—which bystanders of both sexes had perceived as consensual—then filed a rape complaint after photos and video that showed her receiving oral sex from a male student became an Internet hit. The woman, who claimed she had no memory of the event, received strong support from feminist activists on campus and was vilified as a liar on men’s rights websites. Ultimately, the grand jury cleared the man, concluding that while both parties were drunk, the woman was not incapacitated—she walked away unassisted and bought a burrito moments after the encounter—and was a willing participant. The district attorney also declined to charge either party with public indecency, commenting that the embarrassment was punishment enough.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
these deadbeats y'all chose didn't abandon y'all, you didn't start a real foundation to begin with. fukking nikkas you hardly know and expecting them to stick around wont work. thinking a guy will magically posses the resources or drive to be a provider just because you spread ya legs is a pipedream.

so yes, i blame y'all for choosing to get pregnant, and raising the next generation with 18 yrs of yall fukked up morality. i know y'all want to be unaccountable for the sperm that goes in you or the baby that comes out of you, but y'all keep the cycle going.

and once more, if you were a black male, life would not be easier for you. odds are, it would be much worse. the only safety net for black men out here is jail and lonely single mothers. no government programs coming to our rescue when we fukk up.
You and most of the black males here seem to be insinuating that these deadbeats are a rare minority amongst you when that's not the case. 1/3 of you will go to prison in your lifetimes. Only 10% of you bother to further your eduction. And still a group of people with those dismal stats make more than black women, and have astronomically more personal wealth than black women due to the rampant sexism in society. The fact is an educated non-jailbird is a rarity. Coupled with the fact that highly intelligent/educated people tend to have less children it's an imaginary world in which a plethora of black children will be made with non-deadbeat black males. There's a reason that black male abandonment of their offspring transcends culture and race (it's seen across the black diaspora AND in the mulatto population), and it has nothing to do with the "poor choices" that black women make.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
and you are a prime example of a woman who has lost they true purpose....
how am i holding you back a woman that you need feminism?

http://www.slate.com/articles/doubl...ns_why_must_be_pretend_they_never_happen.html

In fact, as Emily Bazelon and Rachael Larimore wrote in Slate five years ago, official data on what law enforcement terms “unfounded” rape reports (that is, ones in which the police determine that no crime occurred) yield conflicting numbers, depending on local policies and procedures—averaging 8 percent to 10 percent of all reported rapes.

The scandal at Ohio University last fall is an example of this.* A female student who was caught on camera in a drunken public sex act—which bystanders of both sexes had perceived as consensual—then filed a rape complaint after photos and video that showed her receiving oral sex from a male student became an Internet hit. The woman, who claimed she had no memory of the event, received strong support from feminist activists on campus and was vilified as a liar on men’s rights websites. Ultimately, the grand jury cleared the man, concluding that while both parties were drunk, the woman was not incapacitated—she walked away unassisted and bought a burrito moments after the encounter—and was a willing participant. The district attorney also declined to charge either party with public indecency, commenting that the embarrassment was punishment enough.
8 to 10% is no where near the 33% that you previously reported. That means that 90-92% of reported rapes are true accusations. That's not even mentioning the fact that MOST rapes go unreported.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
You and most of the black males here seem to be insinuating that these deadbeats are a rare minority amongst you when that's not the case. 1/3 of you will go to prison in your lifetimes. Only 10% of you bother to further your eduction. And still a group of people with those dismal stats make more than black women, and have astronomically more personal wealth than black women due to the rampant sexism in society. The fact is an educated non-jailbird is a rarity. Coupled with the fact that highly intelligent/educated people tend to have less children it's an imaginary world in which a plethora of black children will be made with non-deadbeat black males. There's a reason that black male abandonment of their offspring transcends culture and race (it's seen across the black diaspora AND in the mulatto population), and it has nothing to do with the "poor choices" that black women make.
Lets not act like non deadbeat black males are treated as prize possessions by the majority of women either.

Lets be real here. This issue is contributed to by both black men and women.

Digga38

Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
But, I am a black woman, and not only am I paid less than a white woman I am also paid less than a black male. I think it's cute that you'll acknowledge that white women make more than black males, but not that black males make more than black women.

Considering that black men kill infinitely more black women than whites do maybe it is.

:francis:

Digga38

Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
8 to 10% is no where near the 33% that you previously reported. That means that 90-92% of reported rapes are true accusations. That's not even mentioning the fact that MOST rapes go unreported.
10 % didnt even exist.....how cute.....

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I have been doing a lot of work around black feminism, and i am beginning to explore the construct of womanism more....

so many times on here i find that black feminism has been discredited, and i feel that some men do this without a) listening to black women's perspective on the topic, and b) thinking that they are controlled by white feminists, without acknowledging that black feminism has by and large been built outside of white influence.

In building an inclusive Afro-diasporic community, I think we need to acknowledge the work that black feminists have done, and at least listen to their list of grievances instead of immediately dismissing them as fodder. Many times I find myself having to define my oppression to whites, only to have them discredit the examples I provide with a privileged point of view, and i think some of us brothers do the same when black women talk about their oppression.

We have to stop looking at black feminists as our enemies, and listen to their grievances, and critically reflect on those grievances. Black women have served as the backbones of our communities for ages, and have supported black men and children through thick and thin, and I think we owe it to them to do the same. If we dont support our sisters, who will?
first off :camby:

2) lol, what 'work' have you been doing around black feminism?

3 ) only a community that is dying and giving up.. need feminism. We are either about all our people or not.