black feminism/womanism thread

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Considering that black men kill infinitely more black women than whites do maybe it is.
Sister, for all ethniciteis and groups on our planet....
the women are killed most by those around them............ Obviously.

but you made this statement to fit an agenda. You have issues with black men just like any black white supremacist.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
You and most of the black males here seem to be insinuating that these deadbeats are a rare minority amongst you when that's not the case. 1/3 of you will go to prison in your lifetimes. Only 10% of you bother to further your eduction. And still a group of people with those dismal stats make more than black women, and have astronomically more personal wealth than black women due to the rampant sexism in society. The fact is an educated non-jailbird is a rarity. Coupled with the fact that highly intelligent/educated people tend to have less children it's an imaginary world in which a plethora of black children will be made with non-deadbeat black males. There's a reason that black male abandonment of their offspring transcends culture and race (it's seen across the black diaspora AND in the mulatto population), and it has nothing to do with the "poor choices" that black women make.

this is a lie.the difference is negible betwen black men and women...
feminism started by a female jew....good to know where your heart is at...

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If you're a black male you're not really going to come into contact with feminists on even a close to a regular basis so I don't know why so many black males make this a big deal. It's a middle class white female phenomenon.

My mom wasn't a feminist, neither were my sisters, nor the women in my neighborhood etc

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have been doing a lot of work around black feminism, and i am beginning to explore the construct of womanism more....

so many times on here i find that black feminism has been discredited, and i feel that some men do this without a) listening to black women's perspective on the topic, and b) thinking that they are controlled by white feminists, without acknowledging that black feminism has by and large been built outside of white influence.

In building an inclusive Afro-diasporic community, I think we need to acknowledge the work that black feminists have done, and at least listen to their list of grievances instead of immediately dismissing them as fodder. Many times I find myself having to define my oppression to whites, only to have them discredit the examples I provide with a privileged point of view, and i think some of us brothers do the same when black women talk about their oppression.

We have to stop looking at black feminists as our enemies, and listen to their grievances, and critically reflect on those grievances. Black women have served as the backbones of our communities for ages, and have supported black men and children through thick and thin, and I think we owe it to them to do the same. If we dont support our sisters, who will?

All current black feminist grievances are anti-black and anti-black man drivel.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh black feminism goes back to the time of slavery and Sojourner Truth (that's not the start, only an early example that i cite). Thats just like saying the civil rights movement started with the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Its been out here, word to Zora Neale Hurston.

Answer @CriticalThought 's question:

"My million dollar question is what makes a white supremacist, male patriarchal order so comfortable with black (matriarchy) feminists?"

The answer is that white supremacists ignore black feminism because they believe black feminism only serves to weaken and destroy black men, which aligns with white supremacy's ultimate goal. They know that black power is tied up in black men, just like white power is tied up in white men. W

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why would I view the potential furthering of the subjugation of my gender as a good thing? I cannot fathom having to defer to someone just because they have a dikk.

But you already defer to men everyday, both individually and collectively. The West is ruled by men, as is Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Women defer to men in every society and have since humanity's inception. You all obey men's laws, wear clothes as allowed by men, and subsist on men's generosity. Ultimately, white women defer to white men; Asian women are serfs to Asian men; Arab women are serfs to Arab men. So the question is not whether you will defer, as all women defer, the question is to whom. The best case scenario for black women is to defer to black men and help us achieve our goals. When we benefit, you benefit. There is no other alternative. This is why @marcuz does not understand some of what you post.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Sister, for all ethniciteis and groups on our planet....
the women are killed most by those around them............ Obviously.

but you made this statement to fit an agenda. You have issues with black men just like any black white supremacist.
I don't have issues with black males. When you examine rates black women experience much higher rates of intra-racial violence than other groups of women.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
But you already defer to men everyday, both individually and collectively. The West is ruled by men, as is Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Women defer to men in every society and have since humanity's inception. You all obey men's laws, wear clothes as allowed by men, and subsist on men's generosity. Ultimately, white women defer to white men; Asian women are serfs to Asian men; Arab women are serfs to Arab men. So the question is not whether you will defer, as all women defer, the question is to whom. The best case scenario for black women is to defer to black men and help us achieve our goals. When we benefit, you benefit. There is no other alternative. This is why @marcuz does not understand some of what you post.
not bad

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't have issues with black males. When you examine rates black women experience much higher rates of intra-racial violence than other groups of women.
:stopitslime:No it's not. It's much more reported and taken action upon.

You are clueless about the justice system or something queen?
You never heard of media stigma?
And even if you are ignorant as fukk-- You still don't know about the psychology of poverty....... or do you just believe black men come out the womb ready to smack a bytch??

But regardless of all that........... look at young black women in urban areas. They are venerable. Just as women in India and the Sudan are more at risk ( not because of men, but because of situations) .. ti's the same here in Amerikka.

Are you even a black woman???? :ohhh: Do you know what it's like being young black female and poor......... ? In my old career , basically all the guys prayed on young hood black girls because it was easy to do. They are victims and it's maddd easy to victimize a victim. + rape kits in the hood are underfunded.... so girls are underreporting rape and feeling like there is not hope or help anyway.
Did you know that teachers and parole officers and police officers,,,etc...... rape black girls at over 300% more than any other group? Like I said victims are easy to victimize.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime:No it's not. It's much more reported and taken action upon.

You are clueless about the justice system or something queen?
You never heard of media stigma?
And even if you are ignorant as fukk-- You still don't know about the psychology of poverty....... or do you just believe black men come out the womb ready to smack a bytch??

But regardless of all that........... look at young black women in urban areas. They are venerable. Just as women in India and the Sudan are more at risk ( not because of men, but because of situations) .. ti's the same here in Amerikka.

Are you even a black woman???? :ohhh: Do you know what it's like being young black female and poor......... ? In my old career , basically all the guys prayed on young hood black girls because it was easy to do. They are victims and it's maddd easy to victimize a victim. + rape kits in the hood are underfunded.... so girls are underreporting rape and feeling like there is not hope or help anyway.
Did you know that teachers and parole officers and police officers,,,etc...... rape black girls at over 300% more than any other group? Like I said victims are easy to victimize.
What does what you wrote have to do with what I've written?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
first off :camby:

2) lol, what 'work' have you been doing around black feminism?

3 ) only a community that is dying and giving up.. need feminism. We are either about all our people or not.
why do you question my intellect? Just as I read others who develop black critical theories, I also read a lot about black feminist theories, even wrote a few papers on it while in graduate school.