black feminism/womanism thread

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
Modern feminist are useless at best and dangerous at worst. They are useless because they add no value to anyone's life not even theirs. Their ability to create false narratives which the media gladly pushes for them is what makes them dangerous.
(See campus rape epidemic - total bullshyt btw) We can promote equality and respect for women without the help of so called feminist.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
You want black men to lead but don't want black men to be held responsible/blamed for shortcomings in the black community?
Isn't that what happens when you are a leader? All kings, politicians and people in power do is listen to complaints and be blamed.

They're will always be criticisms.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Modern feminist are useless at best and dangerous at worst. They are useless because they add no value to anyone's life not even theirs. Their ability to create false narratives which the media gladly pushes for them is what makes them dangerous.
(See campus rape epidemic - total bullshyt btw) We can promote equality and respect for women without the help of so called feminist.
Rape is a huge epidemic. Of course the perpetrators of 90% of them would have no empathy for the majority of victims.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So far can't disagree with anything you have posted since I've joined. Black folk want some way of doing things where everyone is a winner, where everything is fair, equal, etc...
and that's just not how the world has ever been.

Black folk don't really want to play the game
thanks, breh. i'm glad someone can see the bigger picture.

they want to dismantle the sword and shield, then complain when we get attacked. . they look at the condition of the community and believe that's patriarchy. but i'm looking at the shyt like, that's your pseudo matriarchy.

The truth of the matter is that black males are just pissed that they cannot rule in the way that they want. If given the opportunity they'd jump ship if they could. Which as why as women we need to promote the betterment of one another at any cost, and shed light on our issues. No one else will, and modern womanism has done a great job of that.

but black men are already jumping ship because there is no ownership or "ruling"

if/when black men build a proper structure, you're damn right it'll be ruled how BM see fit. also, what issues are black women facing that wouldn't immediately be rectified if BM were doing better financially?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
thanks, breh. i'm glad someone can see the bigger picture.

they want to dismantle the sword and shield, then complain when we get attacked. . they look at the condition of the community and believe that's patriarchy. but i'm looking at the shyt like, that's your pseudo matriarchy.

but black men are already jumping ship because there is no ownership or "ruling"

if/when black men build a proper structure, you're damn right it'll be ruled how BM see fit. also, what issues are black women facing that wouldn't immediately be rectified if BM were doing better financially?
Key word if. These are just a bunch of wet dream ideals from a bunch of men pissed because they believe they have failed collectively.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
This is more to do with our "traditional" views on masculinity and femininity. Hence why there's such an uproar about the "feminization of black men", because of course all men are supposed to be what is classically deemed masculine - ergo women also mustn't stray outside the box of what is feminine. Not that I think all men should be feminine - but I think men and women owe it to themselves as individuals to find positive expressions of who they are. If a woman is more of a leader type of personality, then she should cultivate that. Likewise, if a man is naturally more feminine (note: not necessarily effeminate - which is slightly different), he should cultivate that too. Not at the expense of the other element within, but find the right balance for yourself.

I kinda went off-topic there, but I had to get that in there. I think that has a big effect on how we as men view feminism. I'm committed to listening more and trying to understand these issues as part of being a better human overall. So it's nice to see this thread and see others are trying to do the same too :ehh:

I completely agree with this.

In this western society almost everything is dichotomized. Black/white, male/female, good/evil, strong/weak, dominate/submissive, Aggressive/passive, etc.

Men are the leaders, which following that logic puts women as followers. Men are seen as strong, thusly, women are seen as weak.

Basically, some men have never outgrown the stage where they are afraid of getting cooties from girls.

The world is not black and white. The sky is not separate from the sea nor sea from land. There is space where they intertwine. Masculinity and femininity also intertwine.

A man and a woman are equally important in creating life. We need each other. We need to respect eachother and our differences because we cant live without the other.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
well to be frank, we have failed collectively. the structure is so non-existent, most blacks that have the wealth (of both genders) usually opts-out for another community. but it should be a wet dream of yours as a black woman as well, instead of you viewing it as a nightmare.

Key word if. These are just a bunch of wet dream ideals from a bunch of men pissed because they believe they have failed collectively.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
well to be frank, we have failed collectively. the structure is so non-existent, most blacks that have the wealth (of both genders) usually opts-out for another community. but it should be a wet dream of yours as a black woman as well, instead of you viewing it as a nightmare.
Why would I view the potential furthering of the subjugation of my gender as a good thing? I cannot fathom having to defer to someone just because they have a dikk.
learn how to read or...

:camby:
I read it just fine. A rape apologist is a rape apologist in any context.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
Black feminism is pathetic.....:yeshrug:
yall letting the white jewish women dictate your views

where is the black woman being oppresed in america.....

companies will hire the black woman before the black man ever since i can remeber...:francis:

most contrived BS movement in my lifetime:mjcry: